'Bout Time

PDA

wankerjake
February 3, 2013, 03:08 AM
When I was in school, funds were limited and a friend sold me a Ruger Blackhawk 45 Colt at a deal I couldn't pass up. Ever since I bought that, I wished it was a Vaquero. The Blackhawk is just not cowboy enough...

BUT, I made the mistake at walking into the evil pawn shop a few days ago and guess what they had for me? At $400 out the door, I couldn't say no. Great condition with box (no papers) but that don;t matter 'cause this is a keeper. Shot it the next day, I love the 45 Colt cartridge. Just feels right.

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo33/wankerjake/IMG_20130202_235714_zps89c3e2c6.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "'Bout Time" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
murf
February 3, 2013, 03:57 AM
nice steel! my blackhawk in 45lc has always been my favorite single action, so i'm a little prejudice. still, nice weapon.

murf

wankerjake
February 3, 2013, 04:08 AM
Not saying it isn't, but since I only shoot cowboy loads anyway I much prefer the Vaquero. The blackhawk is most definitely more versatile;)

bannockburn
February 3, 2013, 11:39 AM
Great deal! The only Vaquero I have seen locally is NIB and priced at $599.

If you enjoyed reading about "'Bout Time" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!