RCBS scale help

PDA

jack44
February 3, 2013, 12:32 PM
I have a 505 beam scale when I moved the beam was dented! and I could not 0 so is there a differance between the 502 and 505? and since I still have the base can I get a beam from RCBS?.Also sometimes the beam hung up while 0 it out alittle tap on the beam would get it to 0 for me is this NORMAL?.

If you enjoyed reading about "RCBS scale help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
February 3, 2013, 01:25 PM
Call RCBS and arrange to send it back in for repair.

They won't sell you just a beam.

And no, it is not normal to have to tap the beam to "un-stick" it.

rc

jack44
February 3, 2013, 01:31 PM
Thanks alot RC

fguffey
February 3, 2013, 02:10 PM
jack44 I have a 505 beam scale when I moved the beam was dented! and I could not 0 so is there a difference between the 502 and 505? and since I still have the base can I get a beam from RCBS?.Also sometimes the beam hung up while I gave it little tap on the beam would get it to 0 for me is this NORMAL?.

jack44

The two scales are different, the dampener on one is at 90 Degree, the other is mounted parallels to the beam. I had a similar problem, with the same scales, only I had help, my wife took the beam to the sink for cleaning, no clue what she did but all the markings disappeared, I called RCBS, they issued a number for return to Ohaus, I did not need the scale so I delayed in sending it back, by that time I did, RCBS changed their warranty policy, they changed the procedure, now the scales go back to RCBS, I wanted the beam markings, they sent the one for the right side but I had to sent the scale back to get the other one. Again, nothing wrong with the scales but the markings. Later and about that time I went to the Dallas Market Hall Gun Show, I found two beams for $5.00 each, perfect, I repaired the scale for less than shipping. I did not notify RCBS I was not returning the scale for repair. When scales are sent back for repair they have the option of repairing or replacing, Again, from the Internet, I was told the replacement would be from Mexico, until I know for sure I say ‘FANTASTIC!

F. Guffey

Forgot, the wife cleaned the beam with something that was not compatible to the printed numbers on the beam, she suggested I use another beam to copy the printing on the beam. etc.. Like all I had to do was cut and paste.

If you enjoyed reading about "RCBS scale help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!