piers morgan will be at my lgs

PDA

JohnnyK
February 3, 2013, 04:34 PM
tomorrow... at tactical firearms in katy, TX... i wont waste my time to see a hack. hell see the almost bare shelves and full auto rentals... Johnny

If you enjoyed reading about "piers morgan will be at my lgs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Inebriated
February 3, 2013, 04:39 PM
Go and record it.

Please.

Cesiumsponge
February 3, 2013, 04:39 PM
He is going to undoubtedly find the most Alex Jones-like customer and promote all gun owners as that guy.

Solo
February 3, 2013, 04:41 PM
Show up with some dental floss and toothpaste. Should scare him off right quick.

JohnnyK
February 3, 2013, 05:25 PM
good idea solo... maybe i should....

hso
February 3, 2013, 05:27 PM
Why in heaven's name are they letting him on the property?

walker944
February 3, 2013, 05:32 PM
Us Texans should show up in force and chase his ass out of the state!!!

clutch
February 3, 2013, 05:34 PM
I hope this ends well.

sidheshooter
February 3, 2013, 05:37 PM
This thread took a turn for the weird from the first post.

That said, there needs to be a welcome wagon of gentile fact-finders for that tool.

What's the LGS' angle, anyways?

beatledog7
February 3, 2013, 05:42 PM
If he tries to set someone up to do a straw purchase for him, or if he does some other illegal thing, will he be arrested? This is Texas, not DC, right?

mnrivrat
February 3, 2013, 05:43 PM
He must be pretty confident he can make you Texans look like natural born killers .
I don't think he is coming to promote the LGS's line of AR-15's . If the store owner thinks he/she can out talk him, they forget about the power of the edit .

ATBackPackin
February 3, 2013, 05:48 PM
I would like to see what kind of private security he has with him. I seriously doubt he would go to a gun shop in Texas without some. I mean if guns and gun owners are so dangerous, why would he?

I would love to go, but a far drive for me.

Shawn

DeepSouth
February 3, 2013, 05:52 PM
He saw the pic of BHO shooting and now he's just living up to his mentors example.

Creature
February 3, 2013, 05:54 PM
Inebriated wrote: Go and record it.

Please.

This!! Inebriated is very wise.

Start recording from before he arrives there until after he leaves. That way, when the piece he is doing reaches the final editting process, we will have a complete record and context of exactly what was said, who said and when. You bet that there will be some very shrewd editing done back at the studio to change what was actually said to reflect poorly on gun owners and LGS workers and owners.

Jorg Nysgerrig
February 3, 2013, 05:55 PM
Why in heaven's name are they letting him on the property?
I suspect they are in the "No publicity is bad publicity" school.

He must be pretty confident he can make you Texans look like natural born killers .
No doubt he'll have plenty of opportunity to do just that.

Warp
February 3, 2013, 05:56 PM
Inebriated wrote:

This!! Inebriated is very wise.

Start recording from before he arrives there until after he leaves. That way, when the piece he is doing reaches the final editting process, we will have a complete record and context of exactly what was said, who said and when. You bet that there will be some very shrewd editing done back at the studio to change what was actually said to reflect poorly on gun owners and LGS workers and owners.

This.

And for if/when he breaks the law.

12gaugeTim
February 3, 2013, 06:01 PM
Yes! Please, please record it. You will be doing an entire community a huge favor.

Al Thompson
February 3, 2013, 06:04 PM
Ditto for having your own camera team along. Otherwise this will not end well.

And a gentle reminder to keep things civil. :scrutiny:

JohnnyK
February 3, 2013, 06:06 PM
the store sold out of ars a long time ago... they do have a bunch of class 3 stuff... they also have manufacture license. the owners do love publicity... bet it will be youtube.

Creature
February 3, 2013, 06:06 PM
JohnnyK,.....please say that you will indeed go and video tape the whole spectacle. Please. Okay?

And if you do, contact the LGS and let them know what your intentions are and why...and be sure to ask the owner if you have their permission to do so.

skeeziks
February 3, 2013, 06:07 PM
What needs to be done is for everyone to completely ignore him and not even acknowledge he is there.
Why is he even in our country anyway!

Creature
February 3, 2013, 06:08 PM
What needs to be done is for everyone to completely ignore him and not even acknowledge he is there.

Ummmmm...bad idea.

Solo
February 3, 2013, 06:10 PM
Remember: Shave and dress classy. Do not forget the full Windsor knot and cufflinks.

Browning
February 3, 2013, 06:12 PM
I don't see this ending well from a couple different angles.

Glad I don't live anywhere around there.

skeeziks
February 3, 2013, 06:18 PM
The reason I said Morgan should be ignored is because he is a joke!
He's nothing more than entertainment; his "journalistic work" is about as real as what you see on Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live.

Carl N. Brown
February 3, 2013, 06:26 PM
Twouldn't it be nice to have a complete start to finish live recording of His Snarkiness's appearance at the Texas gun shop, along with a capture of the studio version as broadcast, posted both on a YouTube site for critical analysis?

Bartholomew Roberts
February 3, 2013, 06:31 PM

It is the same LGS that got blasted by gunowners for saying a ban on online ammo sales would be great for their business. See: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=670871&highlight=Tactical+Firearms+Katy

AK103K
February 3, 2013, 06:39 PM
I say give him a MAC to shoot so he can honestly say he knows what hes talking about, and tell him the best way to shoot them, is to shoot it like they do on TV, with the stock collapsed, and give him no other instruction. ;) :)

Next! :D

JohnnyK
February 3, 2013, 06:40 PM
yes the same place... the owner changed his mind after a bunch of us let him know what we think about online ammo sales. he posted statement on the website saying he made a mistake... also same place i posted that wanted $750 for 1k rounds 7.62x39 fiocci... its still a good lgs... they have hooked me up with some sweet deals...

Queen_of_Thunder
February 3, 2013, 06:53 PM
Well if he has pulled a bloomberg move lets hope LE is there to arrest him.

Solo
February 3, 2013, 07:10 PM
What if he does it for 1st Amendment purposes?

TenDriver
February 3, 2013, 07:12 PM
Let the courts sort it out.

MedWheeler
February 3, 2013, 07:14 PM
It will do a lot for the store's business if it gets any coverage.
Years ago, a guy I knew owned an adult dance club. According to local ordinance, he could offer either topless entertainment, or alcohol, but could not offer both. He offered neither; the dancers were scantily-clad, and the drinks were "virgin." But, the local politicians kept hassling him until he decided to start selling booze. Once that happened, the increased coverage the local media kept giving him drove business through the roof.

gym
February 3, 2013, 07:17 PM
No one should show up or you play into his hands, he a pro. He will make people look bad regaurdless of the fact that he is wrong

Rembrandt
February 3, 2013, 07:18 PM
When ever a TV crew shows up, ask yourself this question.....

"Do I have more to gain......or more to loose doing the interview?"

You can bet if Reed Productions, Ruger, or Smith & Wesson had to do over again they would have thought twice.....gun owners have long memories.

Sam Cade
February 3, 2013, 07:20 PM
I wonder if Piers rolls with armed security?

Al Thompson
February 3, 2013, 07:24 PM
I'd imagine so Sam.

Sam Cade
February 3, 2013, 07:34 PM
I'd imagine so Sam.

Hypocrisy thy name is Piers.

If that is the case.

skeeziks
February 3, 2013, 07:36 PM
Quote: "No one should show up or you play into his hands, he a pro. He will make people look bad regaurdless of the fact that he is wrong."

Thank you, gym, for wording it a lot better than I did (on pg. 1)
You & I seem to be about the only ones that think this is a bad idea.
I see it as "A stunt that will probably go Horribly Wrong."

4v50 Gary
February 3, 2013, 07:37 PM
I wouldn't let the cameraman in.

Odd Job
February 3, 2013, 07:39 PM
Nothing good can come of it for that gun store.

JohnnyK
February 3, 2013, 07:49 PM
Remember: Shave and dress classy. Do not forget the full Windsor knot and cufflinks.

Solo... hate to dissapoint you but rednecks don't wear Windsor knots and cufflinks...

KTXdm9
February 3, 2013, 08:34 PM
They are local to me, and can't say that I'm happy about it. Morgan is just a carnival barker, and I don't see the point in giving him what he craves.

nathan
February 3, 2013, 08:49 PM
I ve been to that indoor range , its one of the newest in Houston. We hope to see what Morgan would bring , but of course he ends it the way he wants it to sound. The man is a pro . He is paid high dollar to replaced Larry King.

Justin
February 3, 2013, 09:13 PM
Someone should print out 8x10 promo photos Of Jeremy Clarkson.

Hundreds of them. Hang them all around the shop. Tack them to every gun. Put them up at the entrance.

The result would be hilarious.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk. Hence all the misspellings and goofy word choices.

230RN
February 3, 2013, 09:17 PM
Since one of his favorite techniques is interrupting, remember to use the phrase, "Sorry, I wasn't done making my point" in your command voice.

Terry, 230RN

dab102999
February 3, 2013, 09:25 PM
I wonder if Piers rolls with armed security?
First amendment is outside private business not inside.

I would hope this is one gun store that doesn't allow c.c. or o.c. within the store.

If this store is as busy as the ones around me I Ak sure they wouldst say by something or leave....if you want to talk come back in 6 months when I will have time and have a good day.

nathan
February 3, 2013, 10:21 PM
Pls Mr Morgan , dont conduct an interview like a British MI 6 bully . That should stop him on his tracks. We American s are not gonna take his bully tactics right in our face.

skeeziks
February 3, 2013, 10:31 PM
Quote: "piers morgan will be at my lgs"

OK...he's going to "be at" this gunshop tomorrow. But do we know what he's going to be there for? What exactly is he going there to do?

JohnnyK
February 3, 2013, 10:41 PM
Skip to comments.

CNN’s Piers Morgan to bring gun control theatrics to Texas
Digital Texans ^ | 2/2/13 | Jack Hambrick

Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2013 2:22:27 PM by Mozilla

CNN’s Piers Morgan is coming to Texas on Monday to broadcast from a gun store and shooting range. It’s been floated that the location will be in Katy near Houston.

But CNN and Morgan are not saying publicly where the show is going to be broadcast from. Maybe Morgan is afraid someone will come shoot him?

Morgan’s ratings challenged cable news show has been milking the Newtown shootings and the gun control debate to the hilt. He told folks on Twitter that he wanted to come to Texas to talk to Texans about their guns.

He won't be getting a friendly audience to his views... that's for sure!

chris in va
February 3, 2013, 11:17 PM
He admitted this week he's never fired an AR-15. I don't know if anyone caught that.

jimmyraythomason
February 4, 2013, 07:50 AM
No one should show up That is what I think too. Just to let PM know that his opinion either way has no value or interest to anyone.

kyletx1911
February 4, 2013, 07:56 AM
one of the guys on texas gun talk is going. he posted on fb, and one of the employees posted that he was giong to kill him, the employee was a security operator and wont tolerate any monkey shine or protest

OilyPablo
February 4, 2013, 08:01 AM
I almost asked when it will air. No.

Shanghai McCoy
February 4, 2013, 08:36 AM
Agreed, this has all the potential qualities of a "Hey ya'll, watch this..." moment.

Creature
February 4, 2013, 09:51 AM

Hundreds of them. Hang them all around the shop. Tack them to every gun. Put them up at the entrance.

Now that's funny! (I had to look up the connection though.)

Bartholomew Roberts
February 4, 2013, 10:25 AM
Piers Morgan would be an awful human being even if he supported the Second Amendment:
http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/aaron-swartz-died-for-piers-morgans-sins

Nothing good is likely to come from associating with him. In fact, based on the links above, it appears associating with him has a decent chance of criminal charges for you while he profits on your work.

danweasel
February 4, 2013, 10:46 AM
Hahahaha, Jeremy Clarkson

-Dan

tuj
February 4, 2013, 11:11 AM
Man I am tempted to go check this out. I hate Piers' style and editing-manipulation with a passion.

DonP
February 4, 2013, 11:39 AM
Well, based on his show's ratings, he'd have a bigger audience in any gun store than he does on CNN on any given night.

Cesiumsponge
February 4, 2013, 11:53 AM
I suggest we do what Ian Hilsop does in his paper and refer to Piers as Piers "Morgan" Moron. His own countrymen hate him. They sent this tabloid joker to America as a practical joke. They're all laughing at us.

wacki
February 4, 2013, 12:06 PM
Ditto for having your own camera team along. Otherwise this will not end well.

Can not be stressed enough. If MSNBC can edit a video to make a black guy look white just imagine what they will do here.

Have your own recordings.

tyler500e
February 4, 2013, 12:13 PM

This!! Yes!

Al Thompson
February 4, 2013, 12:33 PM
one of the employees posted that he was going to kill him

Sad. That may be the single stupidest thing I've ever seen posted in 14 years of being on gun boards. Please note that kyletx1911 was not the one who made the statement.

:fire:

:cuss:

I sincerely hope that no one touches PM.

Cosmoline
February 4, 2013, 12:52 PM
Never invite the vampires inside. Do people not remember Bowling for Columbine? If you ignore him he'll use it against us. If you yell at him he'll use it against us. If you try to speak rationally to him he'll edit it to make you sound crazy.

I would advise anyone talking to him to simply ask him if he knows his name is an anagram for Romping A__e

Manco
February 4, 2013, 12:53 PM
He knows that he'll inflame our passions to the point where we will likely say or do something stupid. Completely ignoring him like the unimportant person he truly is would be the best thing to do.

wacki
February 4, 2013, 01:08 PM
Sad. That may be the single stupidest thing I've ever seen posted in 14 years of being on gun boards. Please note that kyletx1911 was not the one who made the statement.

Why do I get the feeling that this will turn into the Jerry Springer show? I'm guessing he searched high and low for the most testosterone driven gun owner in Texas.

Prince Yamato
February 4, 2013, 02:03 PM
Someone on our side record him every step of the way. That's how you overcome an edit.

wacki
February 4, 2013, 02:30 PM
Someone on our side record him every step of the way. That's how you overcome an edit.

Maybe we should contact Texas Rifle Association and have them send a moderator. Let's not take any chances. Anyone got any contact info?

nathan
February 4, 2013, 04:12 PM
A lot of bad raps on Tactical Firearms of Katy, Texas, for the comment they made on internet sales. Maybe this is another stunt for them to resurrect themselves.

SoCalNoMore
February 4, 2013, 04:43 PM
I would like to see what kind of private security he has with him. I seriously doubt he would go to a gun shop in Texas without some. I mean if guns and gun owners are so dangerous, why would he?

I would love to go, but a far drive for me.

Shawn
Would it be worth it to post a "No Loaded Guns Allowed" and make his security detail empty out?

clutch
February 4, 2013, 05:20 PM
Would it be worth it to post a "No Loaded Guns Allowed" and make his security detail empty out?
A 30.06 posting just for the event, portable metal detectors, and a ranger to take notice if his crew is carrying. That would be sweet.

kyletx1911
February 4, 2013, 05:25 PM
A 30.06 posting just for the event, portable metal detectors, and a ranger to take notice if his crew is carrying. That would be sweet.
Yess good one

kyletx1911
February 4, 2013, 05:26 PM
Its on now on iheart radio houston kprc 570

JohnnyK
February 4, 2013, 05:30 PM
how can you post no loaded guns at a shooting range? that would prohibit all the rednecks from going inside too...

Walkalong
February 4, 2013, 05:33 PM
Good luck with it. Let this be a lesson to all.

If you enjoyed reading about "piers morgan will be at my lgs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!