remington aac sd, or savage precision carbine?

PDA

12guagecody
February 3, 2013, 10:06 PM
Trying to choose between the remington aac as and the savage precision carbine, I plan on heavily modifying it, little by little, so I'll shoot it in the factory configuration for a while- thoughts? Pros cons concerns value aftermarket support? Any wisdom to help with my choice

If you enjoyed reading about "remington aac sd, or savage precision carbine?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
C-grunt
February 3, 2013, 10:51 PM
I prefer Remington but both will work well.

TurtlePhish
February 4, 2013, 04:26 PM
The Remington has more aftermarket support.

allaroundhunter
February 4, 2013, 04:59 PM
Heavily modifying means Remington.

What is going to be the final goal?

BoilerUP
February 4, 2013, 05:10 PM
Heavily modifying means Remington.

No, it doesn't.

It would help to know the OP's primary uses and desired goals (and budget)...as there are LOTS of different model Savages, to say nothing of their ease of user customization.

jogar80
February 4, 2013, 06:02 PM
I would go with Remington.

chaser_2332
February 4, 2013, 11:17 PM
One isn't better the other, both have a ton of aftermarket support. Pick the one you like the best and roll with it

Cal-gun Fan
February 4, 2013, 11:20 PM
Well really, how much modding do you need to do on a bolt gun anyhow? The Savage seems like it'd be fine, probably more accurate out of box too.

12guagecody
February 4, 2013, 11:27 PM
The accustock seems ok but not adjustable, which I want, is the savage compatible with a mcree stock?

chaser_2332
February 4, 2013, 11:28 PM
Yea mcree makes a savage chassis

12guagecody
February 4, 2013, 11:43 PM
I've read that because the accustock savages have the bolt release built onto the trigger guard so you can't change the bottom metal, is that correct?

If you enjoyed reading about "remington aac sd, or savage precision carbine?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!