First Benchmade

PDA

bjs1187
February 4, 2013, 02:46 AM
Ok, so I have bought benchmades before as gifts, relying on their reputation. I've always wanted one, but have sort of a complex about buying a expensive knife for myself. I ordered a griptilian in olive with the sheepsfoot plain blade and all the metal pieces are black. Got a four week wait but it's something to look forward too.

If you enjoyed reading about "First Benchmade" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ugaarguy
February 4, 2013, 03:27 AM
I've had the clip point version of the same knife for nearly seven or eight years now. It's been a hard working tool, and I think you'll be more than satisfied with yours.

Hawaiian
February 4, 2013, 11:26 AM
You made a good choice. the Griptilian is a great EDC. You will like it. And Benchmade has great customer service.

hso
February 4, 2013, 05:56 PM
Good choice.

RatDrall
February 6, 2013, 09:39 AM
I've always wanted one, but have sort of a complex about buying a expensive knife for myself.

Consider the Grip' a "gateway knife", before long you'll be dropping $150 a blade for G10 handled premium Benchmades.

bodam
February 6, 2013, 09:45 AM
grats. I'm in the same boat, I can't justify that much on a knife. But the other day while buying a holster in the LGS, they had a large array of Benchmades. I fell in love with the Emissary.

I will probably own one here very soon too. Where is the best place to buy one, best pricing, etc?

If you enjoyed reading about "First Benchmade" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!