Revolvers w/out internal lock...

PDA

Quincy12
February 4, 2013, 09:53 PM
Are there any currently made? I'mmore interested in DA, but if SA is all that's out there, what about that? thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Revolvers w/out internal lock..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DPris
February 4, 2013, 10:01 PM
Rugers.
Couple S&W .38 snubs.
Denis

Old Fuff
February 4, 2013, 10:05 PM
Answer a question with one. :confused:

They're revolvers of many kinds on the market that don't have internal locks, or have locks that can be easily disabled. The used gun market offers many more, sometimes at attractive prices.

But to answer your question we need to know what your intended use for it might be?

pps
February 4, 2013, 10:51 PM
If you see a gun you like that has the internal lock, get the gun and just disable the damn lock by removing the pesky flag.

Piraticalbob
February 5, 2013, 03:00 AM
I don't think that Charter Arms uses an internal lock.

Florida Guy
February 5, 2013, 10:27 AM
I'm also not a big fan of the I/L. It's not the lock itself, but that hole in the side of the gun that I dislike. Even if the lock is disabled, the hole remains.
At this time, I only have one I/L revolver. I am trying not to buy another.
To O/P - I think some of the J frame S&W Centennial stainless models come without locks.
All the new "Classic" versions have a lock.

Piraticalbob
February 5, 2013, 11:19 AM
Smith & Wesson has done at least one run of 642's w/out the lock. I'm sure they know that they've made the market for used Smiths more attractive.

CraigC
February 5, 2013, 12:47 PM
What is your intended purpose???

I could never limit myself to new production guns.

moto111
February 5, 2013, 04:34 PM
I picked up a S&W M&P 340 with out a lock from Bud's about a year ago.

ArchAngelCD
February 5, 2013, 04:37 PM
S&W has a line of Centennial J frames with and without the ILS.

I own a no-lock M442 and M642 and they are from the newer releases, not old stock. This is all the centennial revolvers including the M340 .357 Magnum.

lowercase
February 5, 2013, 08:31 PM
Ruger, Charter Arms, some S&W J-frames.

My S&W 642 and 442 are lock free, and I purchased both new.

Driftwood Johnson
February 5, 2013, 08:47 PM
Howdy

Ruger New Vaqueros have internal locks, but they are so cleverly installed that there is no access hole for the key. If you want to use the key, you have to drill a hole for it in the grip. Otherwise, you will never even know the lock is there.

Other than that, there are thousands and thousands of revolvers that have been made over the years before manufacturers started installing locks. If you want something without a lock, look for something used. That's what I do.

Kymasabe
February 5, 2013, 09:21 PM
I just bought a CHarter Arms snub.38, no lock. $300 brand new out the door. It ain't no Smith but it works.

DPris
February 5, 2013, 10:00 PM
Rugers doing away with their internal locks.
Denis

Driftwood Johnson
February 5, 2013, 10:03 PM
Rugers doing away with their internal locks.

Would you care to share where you heard this? Internal locks are one of the reasons Ruger can sell guns in some states.

steveracer
February 5, 2013, 10:17 PM
I bought a new 442 a week ago. New. No lock.

DPris
February 5, 2013, 11:04 PM
I'd love to share.
From Ruger.
Denis

If you enjoyed reading about "Revolvers w/out internal lock..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!