Lee Microdisk

PDA

tcanthonyii
February 5, 2013, 01:35 AM
Anyone have one they are willing to part with or know where to find one? I want to play around with it. I load pistol with my Lee disk loader. Using Titegroup I have a pretty hole for 9mm but for 45 I want to go just a tad higher. I could do this with a microdisk but lee doesn't make them any longer and the adjustable bar reviews aren't great, especially when TG is used.

Thanks for the help.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee Microdisk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
savanahsdad
February 5, 2013, 02:02 AM
they stoped makeing them ??? I got one , great ball powder not so great for flake , I guess I would keep an eye on E-bay

savanahsdad
February 5, 2013, 02:06 AM
there is one on E-bay right now , up in 17hrs, with 4 bids so far

Reefinmike
February 5, 2013, 02:13 AM
Ive read(I believe here) that they discontinued the microdisk because their mold went bad. I myself would probably pay upwards of $20 to get my hands on one of the disks but they dont want to make more of those 5 cent pieces of plastic :confused: .

the round in question im wanting a smaller charge for is 380 auto. 3.0gr of win231 is fine as it gives me that factory feel for my TCP which I carry 95% of the time. The rounds are pretty darn warm and I dont find myself shooting but 12 rounds a week of it to ensure the reliability of the gun. Ive experimented with hand weighed loads between 1.7 and 2.5 grains of 231/hp38 in .2gr increments. they all pushed the 102gr lead bullet down the barrel but 2.1gr loads cycled perfectly and reliably with very light recoil and excellent accuracy.

That being said, even if I run across a microdisk, I will still "practice" with the toasty loads. with a quick pocket draw and quick firing with point and shoot I can pretty easily keep all shots in a 2'x2' area at 15 yards... good enough for me with a defensive arm.

bds
February 5, 2013, 08:13 AM
Could you fill the regular disk holes with hot glue gun and drill out the smaller charges?

Just a thought.

tcanthonyii
February 5, 2013, 09:45 AM
Savanah--you got a link? I can't find it.....

RandyP
February 5, 2013, 11:56 AM
Buy a spare set of regular disks, fill the holes with JB weld and drill them out to whatever 'micro' size suits your needs.

savanahsdad
February 5, 2013, 01:09 PM
Savanah--you got a link? I can't find it.....,
go to E-bay , search "lee reloading" right now there's one on page 2 with 6hrs left on it ,
not sure how to get link on here ? I tryed to attc. shortcut but that don't work ,

GT1
February 5, 2013, 01:28 PM
You are possibly looking at a cached page(something that doesn't exist anymore), there are none listed on ebay at the moment in my search.

joecil
February 5, 2013, 01:37 PM
To get 3.0gr of win231 would be the .27 disk which will throw 2.9 gr which is the largest on the micro disk. The .30 powder dipper will give you 3.2 grs with a perfect filling method. I have one but have yet to use it as it seems to have smaller sizes than I would need.

savanahsdad
February 5, 2013, 05:40 PM
You are possibly looking at a cached page(something that doesn't exist anymore), there are none listed on ebay at the moment in my search.
ummm ? realy ,,,, go to E-bay , type in LEE RELOADING ,now on the first page , 3hrs 27 min left , seller is "shadow_nightwarrior " current bid is $16.00 , If somone could tell me how to post a link here I would have last night when there were two of them on there ,

found another , seller classicchris22 one hr left ,

tcanthonyii
February 5, 2013, 06:09 PM
That's the adjustable charge bar. That's different than we've been discussing. What I'm looking for is the actual micro charge disk.

savanahsdad
February 5, 2013, 06:15 PM
That's the adjustable charge bar. That's different than we've been discussing. What I'm looking for is the actual micro charge disk.
Oh.... sorry.. I thought that was th same thing just being called something else , not sure what you are looking for , if you find one please post it ,

mdemetz
February 5, 2013, 06:37 PM
He is looking for this. (http://www.precisionreloading.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=LE90302&Category_Code=LNL_POWD_MEAS)

GT1
February 5, 2013, 09:18 PM
Yeah, the adjustable charge bar is a nice piece(I use them for my pistol loading), but it doesn't do well for small charges, like for mouse gun loads.

Anyway, just drill and tap for a 8:32 bolt in the side of the smallest regular disk cavity and screw in a 3/4" or 1" bolt, adjust in to reduce the charge for mouse guns(I saw that in a pic and it was probably here on THR).

savanahsdad
February 5, 2013, 09:23 PM
He is looking for this. (http://www.precisionreloading.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=LE90302&Category_Code=LNL_POWD_MEAS)
never saw one of those before , or if I did I didn't pay any attention to it ,do they work better than the micro charge bar I have ?

tcanthonyii
February 5, 2013, 10:36 PM
GT1 -- I like that idea. ALOT. I might need to get another disk set to play around with. I want it for my pistol loads of Tight Group. I can't quite get enough powder. So with the double disk and that mod it might work well.

ArchAngelCD
February 6, 2013, 12:26 AM
never saw one of those before , or if I did I didn't pay any attention to it ,do they work better than the micro charge bar I have ?
Yes, it works much better than the adjustable charge bar. The charge bar doesn't do very light charges well because the opening is oblong and offset to one side of the powder hopper dump when set to very small charge weights. The micro-disk sits directly under the hopper hole and does very will with light charges, as it should since it's a "micro" disk. But, very course powders don't do as well as ball powders in the smallest charge holes, as you would expect.

Fire_Moose
February 6, 2013, 12:50 AM
Yeah, the adjustable charge bar is a nice piece(I use them for my pistol loading), but it doesn't do well for small charges, like for mouse gun loads.

Anyway, just drill and tap for a 8:32 bolt in the side of the smallest regular disk cavity and screw in a 3/4" or 1" bolt, adjust in to reduce the charge for mouse guns(I saw that in a pic and it was probably here on THR).

Wont powder hang up on top of the bolt?

Sent from my CZ85 Combat

GT1
February 6, 2013, 02:05 AM
Wont powder hang up on top of the bolt?

Unlikely, if you've ever watched the disks go through the motions there isn't much chance of anything staying on top of a round bolt.

It is more critical to get the travel set right so the opening goes all the way over the drop tube, ledges are bad.

Reefinmike
February 6, 2013, 02:28 AM
GT1-great Idea, I have an extra of the smallest disk so I might as well experiment with it. Have you done this? Id be concerned with A- powder hanging on top of the bolt when charging the case(if this is a problem, it could probably be taken care of with a jerky motion) and B- the bolt working its way in/out during a loading session. Im not sure what would be best, maybe find the perfect spot and loctite it in place?

GT1
February 6, 2013, 04:05 AM
No, I've not done it. I saw it in a picture here on THR I am pretty sure. My search-fu is horrible, however.

I would do it if I ever get a .380 or some such.
I think I might not tap, and just drill a slightly undersize hole and that bolt would never move easily. The fiberfilled composite the disks are made of is very grippy for such things and I doubt it would be an issue either way.

Edit: Found it, on TFL
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505002

Fire_Moose
February 6, 2013, 04:31 AM
Nice

Sent from my CZ85 Combat

Dakotared
February 6, 2013, 04:07 PM
This board is great. I was just going to come on here and ask the same question. I am trying to load for 380 and the adjustable bar does not work that small and I was at my wits end trying to figure out what I was going to do. I will try the screw trick tonight!!!

tom357mag
February 6, 2013, 05:32 PM
Try here I just bought 1 for $7.79 & free shipping : http://personalchoiceoutfitters.com/product-details.php?id=8460

twice barrel
February 6, 2013, 07:01 PM
uh oh;

http://www.ripoffreport.com/personal-choice-outf/guns-ranges/buckeye-arizona-ea09f.htm

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/general-firearm-discussion/158908-fraud-alert-personal-choice-outfitters-suspected.html

ssilence
February 6, 2013, 10:51 PM
Another option is to get the charge bar and take an old credit card (I used an old Marta card). Take and cut the card in small pieces (I used three) and glue/jb weld the pieces to the end of the charge bar opening that doesn't move. This will offset the hole so it sits more centered under the powder drop. Now....this will throw off the measurement values but you will get more accurate drops. I use titegroup for 9mm and can consistently get 3.8 grains. I will try to post a picture later. You mighty have to play with it some and add another piece.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

JC98
February 7, 2013, 09:58 AM
Tom I ordered a micro disk from PCO....about a month ago. Still has not shipped and I have tried contacting the company multiple times. They of course charge your card as soon as you order. I am guessing this will end with me disputing the charge, sounds like most of the people who have complained have had to do the same thing.

dickttx
February 7, 2013, 01:49 PM
I also ordered the micro disk set from PCO (on 11/5/12). Still has not shipped.

In looking for one PCO was the only place I found it.

Since Lee shows it as discontinued it probably never will.

leadchucker
February 12, 2013, 07:41 PM
Been looking high and low for one of those. I also ordered from PCO. Nothing yet. No credit card charge either.

JC98
February 13, 2013, 01:07 AM
They called me today. Not in stock and they are supposed to be refunding my money. If you have ordered one from PCO I would call and email them and request a refund.

leadchucker
February 14, 2013, 09:10 PM
This notice is popping up on PCO's website now.

As many of you know, the industry has seen a major spike in sales. This issue has overwhelmed the phone and email systems at PCO Intl. Our staff is working as quickly as possible to address customer inquires. They are being responded in the order they are received. Please allow 5 to 7 days for our staff to touch base with you regarding your inquiries. We are working to upgrade our systems and staff to open more lines of communication and reduce delays in our response time.

In the meantime please understand the situation in the industry as you are placing your orders. PCO Intl website is a catalog listing of obtainable products for customers as stated in our terms of service. Many of these products are in stock and ready to ship. Others, especially with tactical related items, are allocated. The availability and categorizing of allocated items change on a daily basis. Given the number of suppliers PCO Intl works with we do not have the technology available to us to place a real time stock availability listing on our website. We receive items from many of our 160 suppliers on a daily basis and work to fill orders in the order they are received as quickly as possible. This influx is has delayed our shipments an additional 2 to 3 weeks on top of our regular shipping time.

As the current laws restricting high capacity magazines and tactical style firearms have not changed, PCO Intl continues to accept orders for these items. These orders will be filled as soon as possible. Before placing your order, if you are concerned that an item is allocated, please contact a member of our staff about your product of interest before placing your order.

Those who choose to continue with an allocated item; our staff will communicate with you about the status of your order as it progresses. Placing an order for an allocated item reserves your place in line for shipment of the product. In addition your price is locked in at today's price. Please note that placing an item with our layaway option will also reserve your place in line and price. Those not in a rush for an item have the opportunity to save a significant amount of money on their order as prices across the industry continue to rise.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Our staff looks forward to working with each of you.

Sincerely,
PCO Intl CEO/President

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee Microdisk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!