Finally!

PDA

Tony50ae
February 5, 2013, 11:57 AM
For awhile I just could not get any 50ae at my lgs which is a decent sized one by the way. Cabela's locally was out and even a few places onlines were out as well. Granted I probably didn't check every ammo site online. Well yesterday I had to drop off a uniform at an alterations place.

My lgs was down the road so I stopped in. Same as before any rifle that could be called an "assualt weapon" was still gone along with most pistols. Even revolvers were mostly gone. I asked about some 30 carbine ammo and they had none. I talked with the saleperson awhile about all the craziness after the shooting. Well before I left I asked did he have any 50ae? Now for the last six months the answer was always no. Imagine my surprise when he said they did! They had about 15 boxes. I bought 2 right there. My desert eagle was the only gun I had no ammo for. I have a box still on backorder online. So when that one comes in I will have enough for about a years worth of shooting. I'm happy!:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ApacheCoTodd
February 5, 2013, 12:10 PM
Oh, you're the guy. They've been shipping those 15 boxes around the country looking for that mythical shooter using that caliber.:D

Congrats - now go get some more and the reloading components as well.

Tony50ae
February 5, 2013, 02:26 PM
^^^^^ LOL! Actually a buddy and I are looking at getting into reloading. Might start buying equipment this summer!

Newcatwalt
February 5, 2013, 03:03 PM
Three boxes of ammo will last you a year?!!!!!!
I shoot about once a week and that''s about how many I shoot - i.e. about 150 rounds assuming your boxes are 50 rounds each.

josiewales
February 5, 2013, 03:46 PM
Newcatwalt, you shoot 150 rounds of 50AE all at one time?!? I envy you your job(and the size of your hands). :)

Tony50ae
February 5, 2013, 04:41 PM
Actually 50ae comes in only 20 round boxes. And they are not cheap. I paid a little over 33 bucks for each of them. I only shoot the desert eagle once in awhile because it would get expensive quick! Not to mention the recoil after 20 rounds is enough for me! No way I could shoot 150 rounds! I have other guns I shoot more frequently and stock much more ammo for those guns.

If you enjoyed reading about "Finally!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!