In response to my OP Thread “CCW Awareness… Please.” being closed.

PDA

brnmw
February 7, 2013, 08:41 AM
In response to my OP Thread “CCW Awareness… Please.”

There are many people new to gun ownership, I run into them daily with little or no experience asking questions and learning. Many of them are even on this “THR” forum, absorbing any info. they can. Many of our individuals on this website are good outstanding citizens with good knowledge to offer. Is it not our role in society to help these people in any way… even if simply pointing out mistakes made by as I will quote you on your response to my OP:

“Stupid people doing stupid things with guns is not on topic for THR. Also, when posting a news story please provide a link and just a portion of the story, not the whole story.”

Then for the record simply closed my thread. I for one feel outraged by the inconsideration of my 1st Amend. right here on “THR”, and for your lack of devotion to allow others to share their thoughts about the responsibility of owning and carrying a firearm… I believe does many newcomers to gun ownership an injustice. I also for the record used no foul language or personally attacked anyone here creating a hostile post in anyway simply an informative one.

I have no doubt that the majority of your members here will never see this response… but I believe I have made very clear I no longer will support this forum.
Simply put I will venture to say your failure to allow this Thread to be open and discussed with rational logic is indeed not very “High Road”. (This is not the first incident I have had with this forum, figuring I would give it a go yet again only proved my original opinion of you.)

Don't bother putting a "Code of Conduct" on me just simply remove my profile.
Good bye. :fire:

If you enjoyed reading about "In response to my OP Thread “CCW Awareness… Please.” being closed." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scaatylobo
February 7, 2013, 09:04 AM
I too have had a question as to what THR means to me,as its obviously not the same to the mod's.

I saw your thread and feel your pain,hope you see that you are not alone.

CLP
February 7, 2013, 09:07 AM
The mods have also closed down several threads on mental health and gun ownership while allowing others to remain open. Seems very subjective.

psyopspec
February 7, 2013, 09:09 AM
I for one feel outraged by the inconsideration of my 1st Amend. right here on “THR”

You don't have protected speech on a server that doesn't belong to you. Where 1A comes into play here is that you have as much right as anyone to go start your own forum, run it how you want, and say what you like.

This thread started out rational then quickly turned into a whining session. If you've chosen to leave the community, there's no reason to be a drama queen on the way out.

Larry Ashcraft
February 7, 2013, 09:20 AM

Goodbyes: If you decide for any reason that you will no longer share your time with us here, posting a public goodbye will only make us think you are an attention-seeking drama queen. If you decide to go, do so quietly and with decorum. You may always change your mind at your leisure.

The First Amendment is greatly respected here on The High Road, as are all other Amendments that the Second Amendment defends. However, The High Road is private property and requests that members adhere to all forum policies. It is a contract agreed to by all who become members of The High Road. Those who break forum rules cannot invoke censorship or freedom of speech - a contract broken is a contract broken. If you do not like the rules of conduct or the acceptable topics, seek out a new venue to frequent or start your own board.

Walkalong
February 7, 2013, 09:38 AM
As always, the best plan of action if one disagrees with the closing of a thread is to PM the mod who closed it and discuss it calmly. Venting in public doesn't help.

If you enjoyed reading about "In response to my OP Thread “CCW Awareness… Please.” being closed." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!