WTS. Tec-9 Montana

PDA

Shaver
February 7, 2013, 10:46 AM
I'm a NooB here and want to sell my Little tec-9, Don't have any use for it, Nickel finish, 3 assorted mags, shroud, orignal box and papers, But every time I sell something I get "sellers remorse" and kick myself in the rear and go out and buy another gun. I don't have a clue what it is worth, saw one for sale and thought that the dude was jacking up the price. I don't want to ripp anybody off, any suggestions??...thank you ..Frank

If you enjoyed reading about "WTS. Tec-9 Montana" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
docnyt
February 7, 2013, 11:02 AM
You can post a "what's it worth" thread in the handguns forum or do your own research. Once you're ready to post a price, post back here. Otherwise the mods will take it down per forum rules.

tnelson31
February 7, 2013, 11:10 AM
When I sell stuff I price it a little above what I would want to get for a little negotiation room as buyers like to dicker for a deal.

I find that I sell things quickly because my pricing is good. One could say I could get more money for things but that is not my goal, as that takes research time and selling time.

So! Decide what amount of money you could live with parting with your tec-9 and sell it for that. If you are 'wrong' in that someone else could have given you more money, well that always seems to be the case.

You could also put it on consignment at a LGS for close to crazy money and know that if it sells it was to a buyer who felt that the purchase was worth it. Remove yourself from that part of negotiation.

But every time I sell something I get "sellers remorse" and kick myself in the A$$ and go out and buy another gun.
Maybe buy a better gun than a tec-9?

Shaver
February 7, 2013, 11:30 AM
I personaly think the Tec-9 is a stupid little gun, Only shot it once, Waste of ammo. only have it because I bought it cheap, maybe ask $750 but would feel I was stealing from some honest folk, only other person who would want it would be a "gang-banger type" who would be booted out the door, Best advice I got would be to consign it and let gun store do the work ...thank you..Frank

Mal H
February 8, 2013, 01:46 AM
Since this isn't a for-sale thread, I've moved it to the Autoloaders forum for discussion.

If you enjoyed reading about "WTS. Tec-9 Montana" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!