CZ hammer rear movement in SA mode. ?

PDA

saltydog452
February 7, 2013, 02:04 PM
I understand that it happens and is a function of the design.

This one goes far enough back that when the hammer eventually falls fwd the effort required seems to be more like that of a poor striker fired linkage than any Single Action.

I can't fix it. The CZ Forums that I visited doesn't allow New Guys to ask questions.

Does anyone know of a knowledgeable CZ 'smith in the Dallas/FtWorth MetroMess? If so, may I have contact information?

Thanks,

salty

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ hammer rear movement in SA mode. ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oldandslow
February 8, 2013, 11:27 PM
sd, 2/9/13

All my CZ's cammed the hammer back in SA giving a gritty trigger pull with much creep. They can be made pretty nice but you need the stoning fixtures and some directions to do it right. Probably the easiest solution is to shoot Walt Sherrill a PM email (do a search for him by name here on THR). He's extremely helpful with all things CZ both here and on other forums. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow

viking499
February 9, 2013, 12:52 AM
Which CZ forums don't allow new guys to ask questions? None that I have never been on......

Check here to solve all CZ problems....
CajunGunWorks.com

chris in va
February 9, 2013, 01:09 AM
Second CGW. He makes a hammer that completely eliminates camming and improves trigger pull.

Alizard
February 9, 2013, 01:48 AM
My CZ-85 cammed the hammer back a lot in SA pull. I cut down the height of the hammer hooks and reworked the escape angle and it improved significantly. Any good gunsmith can do that pretty easily.

saltydog452
February 9, 2013, 06:05 AM
viking,

I don't remember offhand. I tried two seperate CZ Forums, no success. Reading past comments of members as a 'guest' was easy. To 'register' then post a question didn't happen.

Maybe the sites didn't recognise my '...@hotmail.com' or '...@yahoo.com' address. Maybe there was a solar flare or my computer gerbil was taking a break. I dunno. It happened more than once.

salty

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ hammer rear movement in SA mode. ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!