Holster for 629-4

PDA

Duckster
February 7, 2013, 03:23 PM
I recently purchased a used 4" 629-4. I would like recommendations for a hip holster for carry concealment. There is no open carry in Texas. Also, do speed loaders help? I'm a veteran, so I'm very familiar to autos, but new to revolvers. Any input would be greatly appreciated and well received.

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster for 629-4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sam1911
February 7, 2013, 04:14 PM
There are lots of choices for carry holsters. I personally use a leather OWB rig from Rays (www.shado.com) or a kydex IWB rig from Hoffners.

Speedloaders are VERY helpful if you want to reload at all quickly. The HKS "twist" kind are probably the best bet for the .44. Safariland does make their "Comp 1"s for the 629, but I had real bad luck with a bunch of them and finally quit using them.

Deputy25
February 8, 2013, 01:39 PM
I CARRY MY 4" M29 in a Simply Rugged Pancake holster from www.simplyrugged.com. It's an excellent holster. Quick, concealable, and comfortable. Also protects your 29 well should you find yourself un-horsed and sailing through the air without notice (don't ask). They are not very expensive, but are of high quality, and the wait time is fairly short.

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster for 629-4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!