Today is the day!

PDA

ZVP
February 10, 2013, 12:33 PM
Letting it warm-up a bit and then I'm off to the Club to try my new to me "Used" Stoger Uplander 20 ga

1 Health and foul weather has held me back for a week but look out baby, I'm gonna pattern this one!
I am going to start with the only loads I could get 7 1/2, 2 3/4", high brass. Darn Obama anyways! Anyhow gonna pattern it to a paper plate at 12 paces (house longest range) Someone suggested to add 2 paces to get a possible pattern, but Fung shuey in my Home is only 12 paces distance. I will look for the size of the shot colum and the spresd (If any?) from the only available load I have. I figgure that 2 barrels of the birdshot is better than none for the time being...' I will also try random still targets at longer ranges (to 25 yards maybe?) just to see how dense the impact is.
Basically just trying the Double 20 out and starting to familarize myself with it. Starting in on the second nature of shotgunning that I need to develope!
Even Birdshot can teach!
Can't wait to get some heavy pellet, hopefully Buckshot shells someday. That'll just take some judicous shopping!
So excited! Hell 63 years old and feel like a teenager with a new toy!
ZVP

If you enjoyed reading about "Today is the day!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ZVP
February 10, 2013, 08:22 PM
I made some cardboard cut-outs approximately the width of a man's chest and paced off 12 pacws ( My L/R Distance)
The 71/2 shot stayed on paper mostly and there was a hole at my point of aim meaning the majority hit there, the spred was about 17".
Face it, 7 1/2 isn't ideal but it'd deter someone. Chances a blinding hit and a hammer where the main Colum hit (center of mass).
Recoil was nearly a tickle with the combination of Gauge and light shot.
I fired around 20 test patterns and the little Uplander shoots where it's pointed! The IC seemed to hold the shot string together better,
For now I'll get by with this light stuff but there WILL be some changes ASAP!
I like the Uplander 20 Ga!
ZVP

If you enjoyed reading about "Today is the day!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!