Found a place that has pmags

PDA

chiappa1911
February 10, 2013, 05:14 PM
I was lookin online and ended up at surplusammo.com and noticed they had pmags in stock. They're $35 a price buts that's better the nothin.

If you enjoyed reading about "Found a place that has pmags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
February 10, 2013, 05:57 PM
After looking at some of the prices on the website, I am quite disappointed in them. I have done business with them in the past, but will be reluctant to do so in the future.

goon
February 10, 2013, 11:49 PM
I agree. I wouldn't buy those yet. There are places around that are still selling them for $15 when they're in stock. You just have to be patient and look. There are also places where 30 round D&H or other milspec AR magazines come up for $20 or so.
They may never get back to $10 each, but you don't have to get taken advantage of to get some magazines.

Snowdog
February 11, 2013, 12:23 AM
The prices are ridiculous in many cases, but the drive of most private enterprise out there is to make a profit, not necessarily to play the charitable paladin.

Whenever I find prices I'm disgusted by (and that's been more often than not lately), I cool my jets by imagining what I would do personally if I had several units of the item in question (lets say BCGs or Pmags). Would I be so generous as to list PMags on GunBroker with a Buy-it-Now price of $14 each or bolt carrier groups at $90, or would I set the reserve at $14 and $90 respectively without a Buy-it-Now option so the highest bid would reflect the current market value?

Once I realize I chose the latter, I ask myself, does that necessarily make me greedy? My answer is typically no.
I use this ethical standard of measure to judge the actions of others (including businesses) who are selling high-demand/non-staple goods.

Tomcat47
February 11, 2013, 12:31 AM
$20 is max for me on Pmags in volume, ( say if I buy 5 ) I would pay a max of $25 for 1 or 2 and I would think about that for a while.

If they do not get back to normal, I will not have any more Pmags!

Supply and Demand is what it is! But as a manufacturer must realize you CAN price yourself ( Or let your Retailers ) price yourself into lower sales numbers.

In the great mechanics of Supply and Demand I will do my part to bring it back into check! :D

Fishbed77
February 11, 2013, 09:52 AM
I was lookin online and ended up at surplusammo.com and noticed they had pmags in stock. They're $35 a price buts that's better the nothin.

I hope someone reports surplusammo to Magpul. Magpul has explicitly warned retailers about profiteering/gouging the prices of their products.

fallout mike
February 11, 2013, 09:56 AM
You guys must not be very alert! There are several guys on this very forum selling pmags for $50 each plus shipping. Just buy them.

madcratebuilder
February 11, 2013, 10:06 AM
SAA has jacked prices on other items during the panic. They are on the same NO BUY list as CDT.

I have more mags than I well ever use and I would not consider selling at a jacked price. The last GI mags I bought cost under $9, last Pmags under $12.

Boostedtwo
February 11, 2013, 10:46 AM
I want to get some pmags, gotta wait till I find some in stock

Charger442
February 11, 2013, 10:53 AM
contrary to popular propaganda, USGI mags work just as well as PMags. just dont run over them with a truck.

If you enjoyed reading about "Found a place that has pmags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!