Why game laws were enacted in the early 1900s.

PDA

flyingfeathers
February 10, 2013, 05:18 PM
End

If you enjoyed reading about "Why game laws were enacted in the early 1900s." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joeschmoe
February 10, 2013, 05:35 PM
"too many people couldn't control their lusts"

3 posts on THR, all 3 are new threads. All questionable.

rcmodel
February 10, 2013, 05:46 PM
And in the second place, it had a heck of a lot more to do with commercial market hunting then sport hunting.

Sport hunters were not filling horse drawn wagons with Passenger Pigeons or Geese & Ducks.
But market hunters were.

rc

flyingfeathers
February 10, 2013, 06:02 PM
It was a combination of both, I think. But you are correct, hunting for profit did the damage in the largest numbers.

Sam1911
February 10, 2013, 06:10 PM
Ohhhkay...so that's an interesting historical tidbit.

Why are you bringing it up now? Is there some new concern on this front or just a bit of nostalgic debate?

LordDunsany
February 10, 2013, 06:51 PM
I think it goes hand-in-hand with a similar post in General Gun Discussions re: use of lead shot. Not so much wanting an answer as wanting to stir the pot.

Methinks I smell a troll....

Ron in Texas

Walkalong
February 10, 2013, 07:17 PM
Just throwing the puck out to watch people fight over it isn't High Road.

Do you have a real question? If so, I suggest starting a new thread with a legitimate question.

If you enjoyed reading about "Why game laws were enacted in the early 1900s." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!