range report...

PDA

JohnnyK
February 10, 2013, 07:04 PM
so I broke in my christmas presents... Advantage arms Glock .22 conversion and Mossberg 715t .22 basicaly a plinkster dressed up in AR like plastic mold...
and they were a blast to shoot... I ended up putting around 1k rounds down range in 3 hours... The Glock is more picky about ammo the Mossberg finally made me not regret getting a brick of thunderbolt ammo years ago as it'll eat anything... had maybe a dozen stove pipes with Federal bulk ammo... they both ate blazers like candy... a sweet way to practice both handgun and rifle... much cheaper than .223 and 9mm... shooting is therapy... :D

If you enjoyed reading about "range report..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MedWheeler
February 10, 2013, 09:33 PM
Yep. I "re-discovered" .22LR shooting about a year ago after Tapco-modifying my over-20-year old Ruger 10/22. There are people who will say there is no reason for the existence of "tacticool" rimfires, but I find that thing just plain fun. I checked out the Mossie at a gun show, and it does look cool, more so (to me) than it feels in heft. If I didn't already have the Ruger, I would have left with it that day.

If you enjoyed reading about "range report..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!