Major IWB carry dilemma

PDA

stantheman1976
February 10, 2013, 10:45 PM
I'm kind of stuck here on what to do. I'm a large guy weight wise so I'm limited to where I can carry when it comes to IWB. I also have the same issue than many other big guys have. I suffer from NoAssAtAll syndrome. My backside has no curve to it so no matter what kind of belt I wear my pants always sag.

I was wearing a Uncle Mike's tactical nylon belt with Makenzie IWB holster but wasn't happy. The holster is not smooth on the inside and wasn't pleasant to wear for long periods.

So I recently bought a Comp Tac Minotaur holster and leather/kydex contour belt. They are both top notch quality but even with 2 layers of leather with kydex in the middle it still sags some.

So what do I do? It can't be anything that costs money at the moment since I'm still recovering from the $200 I paid for those.

What about suspenders under my shirt? Are there other deep concealment options for a big guy that would work better?

If you enjoyed reading about "Major IWB carry dilemma" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Deer_Freak
February 10, 2013, 11:29 PM
Suspenders under the shirt work quite well. If you keep suspenders clean they will be comfortable for a long time. I wear an A shirt (wife beater) year round. I need to wear suspenders when I carry any pistol larger than a Kel Tec P-11, even my Charter 357 that I carry in my pocket.

Tomcat47
February 10, 2013, 11:37 PM
I dont have the same problem, but I can never find a comfortable IWB holster, they just do not agree with me for some reason. If it fits comfy, as soon as I get in truck it goes south... cant stand a gun in small of back especially.

I have tried many and come to find high ride paddles perform the best with me. I am aprox 6 foot and 235 and the paddles just hug to my side. I bought a Springfield XDs .45 last year and it just hugs along daily, sometimes I forget it is there.

stantheman1976
February 11, 2013, 02:32 AM
Any suggestion on brand or type Deer?

If you enjoyed reading about "Major IWB carry dilemma" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!