40S&W 180gr lead and AA#5

PDA

ljnowell
February 11, 2013, 01:42 AM
As the title says, looking to load another new to me 40 S&W combo, does anyone have any experience with this particular bag of tricks?

I have the data from accurate, so I have a safe charge range, and its for the exact weight and profile bullet, I'm just wondering what others may have found for a sweet spot with this.

If you enjoyed reading about "40S&W 180gr lead and AA#5" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
J.R.W.
February 11, 2013, 02:20 AM
I settled on 5.7gr. Functions every .40 pistol and a PC40 and shoots better than factory ammo in all of them. I believe 5.9 is max.

ljnowell
February 11, 2013, 02:33 AM
I settled on 5.7gr. Functions every .40 pistol and a PC40 and shoots better than factory ammo in all of them. I believe 5.9 is max.

Yeah, I think the load datat I have shows 5.4-6.0gr. I rarely ever load at the min charge, so i was going to start at 5.6 or 5.7, and load 5.9 too. See how those two group. These are for my dads pistol, a hi-point. He doesnt shoot this one much, but told me he would like to have me load him 1k for his birthday. So, I figure you only turn 61 once I am going to get them cranked out for him.

jack44
February 11, 2013, 11:13 AM
When I get all the things I need to reload 40S&W I will use the powder I have power pistol and unique

If you enjoyed reading about "40S&W 180gr lead and AA#5" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!