Savage 11 extractor failure?

PDA

twofifty
February 11, 2013, 02:24 AM
Any you guys experience extractor failure on your Savage 11?
Gunsmiths, do you see extractor failures come into your shop?

EDIT: new rifle, wondering what parts are most likely to go...what the mechanical weaknesses are. extractor? firing pin? trigger? magazine?
If something is known to go I'd buy the spare in advance.

thx

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 11 extractor failure?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HankC
February 11, 2013, 09:45 PM
what type of failure? broken? fail to extract? Not holding spent case?

twofifty
February 11, 2013, 11:47 PM
Sorry did not make the context clear.

Just bought a new Savage Mod. 11 and am wondering if it is worth purchasing spares in advance (when they're available) for the part(s) I'm guessing is most likely to fail. There are no problems right now.

rcmodel
February 12, 2013, 12:41 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much.

They are not known to need a spare parts kit to keep them running so far after 55 years.

If it's never broke, don't fix it.

rc

twofifty
February 12, 2013, 12:38 PM
Thanks RC.
This is my first Savage so an unfamiliar bolt setup for me.

cpt-t
February 12, 2013, 12:59 PM
twofifty. I can`t belive that you won`t just fall in love with your Savage Rifle. My Son & I have several Savages and have been shooting them for several years with out any type of problem`s for us. We do not have Savage that doesn`t shoot extremely well. And a lot of our friends shoot Savage`s as well, again never heard one of them complain about a mechcanical problem with their rifle or complain about the accuratcy of their rifle. You have got a super rifle that will out last you if you take care of it. Just put a decent scope on on it.
Good Luck To You:
ken

twofifty
February 12, 2013, 09:24 PM
don't worry cpt-t, I have no misgivings at all that this rifle will suit me just fine. thx.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 11 extractor failure?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!