The Man Who Shot Osama bin Laden…Is Screwed

PDA

Akita1
February 11, 2013, 01:50 PM
http://www.esquire.com/features/man-who-shot-osama-bin-laden-0313

Has anyone seen this yet? Just read it on Esquire's web site. Not the way our heroes should go out IMHO (even if he did leave early…).

Thoughts/Comments?

Moderators - should this thread be in Activism or is this the appropriate place?

If you enjoyed reading about "The Man Who Shot Osama bin Laden…Is Screwed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lpsharp88
February 11, 2013, 02:07 PM
This may sound harsh, but I don't feel bad for him. Anyone who enlists/commissions, knows that to get the benefits (assuming you aren't forced out on medical), you have to serve 20 years. He got out after 16. Just because he killed OBL doesn't entitle him to anything special, he was doing his job, like every other service member. I'm also pretty sure that it's not the military's job to find you a job after you separate, so he probably should have thought about that before getting out. Also, if he'd stay out of the press, he may not have to worry about his and his family's safety. Just my .02

jr_watkins
February 11, 2013, 02:10 PM
This may sound harsh, but I don't feel bad for him. Anyone who enlists/commissions, knows that to get the benefits (assuming you aren't forced out on medical), you have to serve 20 years. He got out after 16. Just because he killed OBL doesn't entitle him to anything special, he was doing his job, like every other service member. I'm also pretty sure that it's not the military's job to find you a job after you separate, so he probably should have thought about that before getting out. Also, if he'd stay out of the press, he may not have to worry about his and his family's safety. Just my .02

I agree 100%

alsaqr
February 11, 2013, 02:14 PM

I agree 100%

As an Army retiree i also agree 100 percent.

Akita1
February 11, 2013, 02:14 PM
That's what I expected everyone to say, just wish there were a better route for he and his family.

somerandomguy
February 11, 2013, 02:19 PM
Dude, he blew Osama Bin laden away. He's NOT going to have a problem finding a job, I guarantee it. Everyone is going to want to hire him with boatloads of money and incentives so they can go "see what a patriotic corporation we are?", furthermore I guarantee that companies like Blackwater already are trying to steal him to make use of his combat skills.

Robert
February 11, 2013, 02:19 PM
Interesting, but off topic.

If you enjoyed reading about "The Man Who Shot Osama bin Laden…Is Screwed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!