RE: Top Shot season 5

PDA

somerandomguy
February 11, 2013, 09:34 PM
What do you all who watch the show want to see this season?

If you enjoyed reading about "RE: Top Shot season 5" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cslinger
February 11, 2013, 09:38 PM
Thought out was cancelled

mljdeckard
February 11, 2013, 09:41 PM
there were rumors of an all-star season.

Swichblade
February 11, 2013, 09:44 PM
Did they ever do a quick draw challenge with a single action revolver? I think that would be neat.

Cranky CJ
February 11, 2013, 09:52 PM
Golf balls.

100 yds.

Weapon of choice, before being told golf balls at 100yds.

somerandomguy
February 11, 2013, 09:55 PM
Thought out was cancelled
Nope, the next season is called "Top Shot All-stars".

Inebriated
February 11, 2013, 10:04 PM
Less drama, more shooting.

somerandomguy
February 11, 2013, 10:09 PM
Less drama, more shooting.
Hey! At least it's not Keeping Up with the Kardashians or Honey Boo Boo...

danweasel
February 11, 2013, 10:10 PM
A new host.

-Dan

USAF_Vet
February 11, 2013, 10:39 PM
Mortars. They haven't done indirect fire ordnance yet. I'd like to see them range and drop mortars.

Pack the top 4 or whatever into an AC-130 Spectre or Spooky II and let them rain fire on a target.

Twiki357
February 12, 2013, 12:34 AM
An episode using only pocket pistols would be interesting, one with semi-auto's and one with snuby revolvers. Then the challenges could be mini-guns at remote control planes.

By the way, anyone know when the season starts?

Nwflycaster
February 12, 2013, 12:43 AM
Like Inebriated said, less drama and more shooting. Oh, and an invitation would be nice.

Arkansas Paul
February 12, 2013, 12:45 AM
No rock throwing, spear throwing, hatchet throwing, or anything throwing come to think of it. It's top shot, not top throw.

somerandomguy
February 12, 2013, 12:51 AM
No rock throwing, spear throwing, hatchet throwing, or anything throwing come to think of it. It's top shot, not top throw.
Well, they're having bows in Season 5, it's been confirmed.

pockets
February 12, 2013, 07:12 AM
Less drama on a 'reality' show? Is that even possible?
Actually, I prefer 'Honey Boo Boo' to 'Top Shot'.
Wait a minute.....what about featuring 'Sugar Bear' (Mike Thompson) in a Top Shot tobacco spit-off?

Queen_of_Thunder
February 12, 2013, 09:10 AM
Me as a contestant.

Capybara
February 12, 2013, 11:40 AM
The season is already in the can, they have been showing clips from it in their History Channel promos, that means that History, which is actually part of Discovery Networks, will proceed to show it and not buckle under media pressure as they did with all of their other guns shows they have canceled.

The question is when will they air it?

ShooterMcGavin
February 12, 2013, 12:00 PM
More drama and less shooting!
;)

GlowinPontiac
February 12, 2013, 12:26 PM
X2 on no more rock throwing. That was just lame.

Bows shoot a projectile so that's fine in my book.

Bringing in some RPG's would be nice:D

Sent from my C5120 using Tapatalk 2

Nuclear
February 12, 2013, 07:00 PM
How about using shotguns as shotgun and not as oversized rifles. And in a regular event, not elimination. And earlier in the competition.

Inebriated
February 12, 2013, 08:07 PM
I thought the rocks thing was creative... I'd rather see a gun, but hell... I laughed.

NMPOPS
February 12, 2013, 09:48 PM
Just shooting! No drama in the house and all that crap.

nosmr2
February 12, 2013, 09:55 PM
I understand some drama is needed to keep a lot of viewers. But throwing stuff is ridiculous. Top Shot, not Best Chucker

hueyville
February 13, 2013, 06:20 AM
I would like to see the contestants face off with a face shield and wheel guns loaded with Speer plastic.bullets. See who gets first shot off and who can exercise control to return effective fire once taking those stinging hits. Buddy and I used to do that, takes some trust but no training quite as realistic as facing another competent pistol shooter and drawing down on each other with something that hurts but is not likely to seriously injure anyone.

Ryanxia
February 13, 2013, 08:55 AM
While I don't think the harder physical aspects should come into play since it's Top Shot not Top SWAT, I do like the run and gun type stuff they've dabbled in, like repelling down the side of the wall or having to climb to get to their perch, etc.

Also, season 5 has been filmed since last October so we're just sitting..waiting.. for it to come out. (Colby even said that in a twitter back in October that they were wrapped up and we should look out for air times).

Trung Si
February 13, 2013, 09:20 AM
It's just another Stupid Reality Show!!!!!:barf:

Ledgehammer
February 13, 2013, 10:45 AM
I agree ^ and get rid of that phoney baloney host Colby Jack. I've seen him on other history channel shows and he's totally faking that accent. I can't stomach it anymore.

skeeziks
February 13, 2013, 03:48 PM
Quote: "I would like to see the contestants face off with a face shield and wheel guns loaded with Speer plastic.bullets. See who gets first shot off and who can exercise control to return effective fire once taking those stinging hits. Buddy and I used to do that, takes some trust but no training quite as realistic as facing another competent pistol shooter and drawing down on each other with something that hurts but is not likely to seriously injure anyone."

I hope you're kidding around.... I know you can't be that stupid.

danweasel
February 13, 2013, 04:19 PM
Back when I WAS stupid (ie: enlisted) we shot each other with real M16s and plastic bullets.

Then again I have never been quite stupid enough not to be able to tell the difference between plastic and copper...

Some of the best MOUT training I ever got, to be honest.
-Dan

r1derbike
February 13, 2013, 06:17 PM
I've flown model aircraft (even giant scale) for 30 years. I'll be happy to pilot one of the RC aircraft as close to their faces or as low to the ground as needed. Right at home with 3D flying, or crazy maneuvers. A 1/4 to 1/2 scale Extra 300 or any of the new crop of Redbull replicas would be just fine with me.

Electric jets would be fun too. Hi-perf. electric jets.

Let's do this!

Bovice
February 13, 2013, 06:22 PM
I haven't been impressed with most of the contestants. They just aren't that good. There's always one guy who does the best in most things. That's the winner.

I stopped watching after season one.

If you enjoyed reading about "RE: Top Shot season 5" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!