Oh my eyes, Hogue should be ashamed!

PDA

colorado_handgunner
February 11, 2013, 11:48 PM
"Zombie green" stock by Hogue.
I just threw up in my mouth, and a part of my soul died.

If you enjoyed reading about "Oh my eyes, Hogue should be ashamed!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
silicosys4
February 11, 2013, 11:51 PM
you'll never lose your gun again if you set it down to take a peepee while hunting zombie squirrels

tdstout
February 11, 2013, 11:51 PM
That's just disgusting

rcmodel
February 11, 2013, 11:55 PM
If you build it, They Will Come!

Unfortunately, the current market is catering to Zombie Hunters and Video Game players who know no better.

I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to stay in business?

See this thread too:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=702688

rc

Coop45
February 11, 2013, 11:56 PM
Why do they make all the cool stuff for the 10/22?

Hardtarget
February 11, 2013, 11:58 PM
They may call that "zombie green". I've always called that color "caterpiller gut green".

Speaking of zombies...I saw that "Walking Dead" will be back on AMC tv channel in my area.

Mark

rcmodel
February 12, 2013, 12:03 AM
I'm thinking the Zombie craze has just about run it's course, and it's time to go back to classic again.

If you wait long enough, history WILL repeat itself.

Over and over again!

At my age, there is nothing at all COOL about a pea-soup / vomit green stock on a Ruger, or especially a S&W.

rc

mrvco
February 12, 2013, 12:04 AM
ATTN: Firearms Industry

Enough with the zombie crap.

Seriously.

9mmepiphany
February 12, 2013, 12:13 AM
They have grip in their Zombie line for pistols too.

I'm thinking about getting a Zombie Green grip sleeve for my IDPA gun...competition guns should be like hot rods YMMV

silicosys4
February 12, 2013, 12:25 AM
^^ Haha, maybe if the barrel, action, and triggerguard on that 10/22 were volquartsen anodized purple....

Green stock? ugly. Green stock and dayglo anodizing? hmmm. still ugly, but it somehow wins in my book....
hard to steal, anyways, lol

splithoof
February 12, 2013, 12:34 AM
I don't care what it looks like; if it brings more folks into shooting, so much the better.

Justin
February 12, 2013, 12:41 AM
Splithoof wins the thread.

Centurian22
February 12, 2013, 12:42 AM
^^^ this.

sidheshooter
February 12, 2013, 12:54 AM
I don't know... of all the cool reasons to take up the pastime, if what gets a person into shooting is a vomitus stock, then I'm not so sure I want them around the sport.

but live and let live.

7.62 Nato
February 12, 2013, 01:22 AM
I appreciate steel and wood. But we have a lot of new shooters young, and teens that this would appeal to as an entry level "race" gun. Some people just like the louder the better. No accounting for taste. No problem with them liking it by me.

crazyjennyblack
February 12, 2013, 01:24 AM
I'm with Colorado Handgunner..... a part of my soul died to say, and it made a bunch of kittens look very very sad.

postalnut25
February 12, 2013, 01:30 AM
Doesn't bother me one bit. To each their own.

If you don't like it, don't buy it!

Otherwise, stay out of the business of the people that do buy it.

ColtPythonElite
February 12, 2013, 01:32 AM
Lots of kids like the Zombie stuff. Lots of kids like 10/22's...Sounds like good marketing to me.

RetiredUSNChief
February 12, 2013, 01:41 AM
Heh!

I'll give it this...it makes it extremely difficult to steal and blend in with the background at the same time.

:D

Weevil
February 12, 2013, 02:11 AM
Not something I'd buy but yeah I'm sure they'll sell a few.

Looks better than pink.

mrvco
February 12, 2013, 02:23 AM
INNOVATE... try a new meme... Vampires... Mummies... Ninjas... Pirates... Leprechauns!

February 12, 2013, 05:28 AM
OK, OP, please explain why Hogue should be ashamed?:rolleyes:

k_dawg
February 12, 2013, 06:59 AM
Put it in the back of your closet next to the bell bottoms. Bring them out in 20 years.

wyohome
February 12, 2013, 07:56 AM
Green plastic differs little from black plastic to me.

MaterDei
February 12, 2013, 08:18 AM
I like it. In fact, I think the Zombie craze is a hoot. The movie Zombieland is a classic! Anything that pushes the Vampire craze aside is a winner in my book. Vegetarian vampires that sparkle don't sell guns, zombies do.

HoosierQ
February 12, 2013, 08:45 AM
INNOVATE... try a new meme... Vampires... Mummies... Ninjas... Pirates... Leprechauns!
Skin walkers man! That's what we need to fear...Skin Walkers!!!

Nice thing about Skin Walker themed merchandise, it would all be desert tan wood, worn blueing, and leather.

SharpsDressedMan
February 12, 2013, 08:51 AM
As if that wasn't enought, check out the Leupold and Sig. http://zombietacgear.com/?tag=sig-sauer-zombie

GojuBrian
February 12, 2013, 08:52 AM
That's ugly!!!

I like it.... :neener:

mcdonl
February 12, 2013, 09:01 AM
I think the magazine is more offensive than the color. My kids got me Zombie targets for Christmas. Life is supposed to be fun and colorful.

Sol
February 12, 2013, 09:09 AM
Zombies to me are U.N. Peacekeepers.

Shuler13
February 12, 2013, 09:30 AM
I saw this Remington 1911 at cabelas. 179636

CajunBass
February 12, 2013, 09:32 AM
I don't want it, and wouldn't buy it, so it won't cost me a dime. If somebody else wants to spend their money on it, it's ok with me.

Akita1
February 12, 2013, 09:45 AM
+1 splithoof; I bought a pink one from my daughter and she loves it. Neon green, bright pink, whatever. She shoots it more because it's pink, eventually she'll grow up and want a camp one for the woods...

19-3Ben
February 12, 2013, 11:08 AM
I actually think their zombie grips for handguns might be a good idea for a nightstand gun. Would help get your hands on it quickly in the dark.
If they made a bright green medium backstrap for an m&p9 I'd get one.

VegasAR15
February 12, 2013, 11:15 AM
I love zombie movies, I love watching the walking dead, I may even be talked into having a serious Z-Day discussion, I was even startled by a zombie outside of 7/11 recently(crazy crackhead homeless guy growling and shuffling towards me), but I just don't get the super bright green zombie crap. I really don't mind all the zombie stuff, but who decided bright green=zombies?

Fishslayer
February 12, 2013, 11:38 AM
Why do they make all the cool stuff for the 10/22?

Do you have any idea how many of those things Ruger has sold over the years? I bet a poll of THR would show a huge majority of us own at least one.

Ruger pretty much hit one out of the park with that rifle. The 10/22 and the MK series pistols have paid a lot of bills for them... ;)

As for the green stock, not for me but interesting anyway. I thought the zombie thing had pretty much played out?

Now THAT made me throw up in my mouth a little.:barf:

Is nothing sacred? :D

Manco
February 12, 2013, 12:55 PM
Sickening--that looks nothing like REAL zombie green.... ;)

Rezin
February 12, 2013, 01:03 PM
Don't like it? Don't buy it.

GlowinPontiac
February 12, 2013, 01:23 PM
Slap a Kawasaki decal on it.

Sent from my C5120 using Tapatalk 2

zdc1775
February 12, 2013, 01:25 PM
Would have to look closer but I kinda like that.

Sam1911
February 12, 2013, 01:28 PM
Uh...it's just a green stock, right? Race gun folks and other competitors have been painting their guns crazy colors for a long time now. Who the heck cares?

Somewhere or another I have a photo of a Rem 1100 stock painted red with an airbrushed vignette of Shaggy and Scooby Doo! Pretty cool, actually.

Honestly, my 10/22 stock is a little nasty. Think I might pick that up. The boys will really enjoy that in a few years. .22s are supposed to be FUN, right?

If your soul died over this, it wasn't worth much to begin with. Robert Johnson wouldn't have been able to play "Mary Had a Little Lamb" if all he had to trade was a soul as weak as yours! ;)

DammitBoy
February 12, 2013, 01:30 PM
I don't want it, and wouldn't buy it, so it won't cost me a dime. If somebody else wants to spend their money on it, it's ok with me.

Same here. I love that the same guys complaining about the elmer fudds not liking their evil black rifles are the same guys complaining about bright green guns. :D

Don't like it? Don't buy it. Somebody else likes it and buys it, who cares?

hso
February 12, 2013, 01:31 PM
I'll take anything that helps us win the struggle by getting more people into the sport.

Mosbyranger
February 12, 2013, 01:37 PM
I saw the same Remington 1911 at Cabelas here. They also had a matching 870 with the green zombie get up. Didn't bother me at all. To each their own, besides, I love the Walking Dead.
MR

jim243
February 12, 2013, 01:40 PM
I have to get one of those, my 5 yr old would claim it's her's in a heart beat and not understand why she could not take it to bed with her.

While not my favorate color it does look cool and unique.
Jim

Better green than pink.

wankerjake
February 12, 2013, 02:05 PM
I really don't understand the zombie hate. I haven't bought any of it... there are a lot of things I don't buy. But it doesn't just drive me nuts like it seems to do to a lot of people here. Hope you boys don't get the drizzles.

Chevelle SS
February 12, 2013, 02:05 PM
I like it! I'm not a zombie nut, but I like the color. In a world full of 10/22s, I wouldn't mind something a bit different.

Cosmoline
February 12, 2013, 02:06 PM
It's going to be funny to find out, when the real zombie horde arrives, that they are highly attracted to day glow green.

Ragnar Danneskjold
February 12, 2013, 02:16 PM
Man, that really sucks they're forcing you to buy it. You should be able to do what you want with our own money.

mrvco
February 12, 2013, 02:18 PM
Skin walkers man! That's what we need to fear...Skin Walkers!!!

Nice thing about Skin Walker themed merchandise, it would all be desert tan wood, worn blueing, and leather.
I see you working and I like it :)

Brockak47
February 12, 2013, 02:19 PM
the walking dead came back on this past Sunday night I believe

on the topic of the neon stock this is what i think; meh

sonick808
February 12, 2013, 02:22 PM
a lime green pistol wouldbe really easy to see if dropped in the dark... that's the only plus i can think of

Coop45
February 12, 2013, 02:25 PM
RC, you have to know I'm a sarcastic .........by now.

gunsandreligion
February 12, 2013, 09:22 PM
I hate zombie themes, but.....I love lime green. It would go well with my zx14r.

Black Knight
February 12, 2013, 10:15 PM
Forget about losing it I don't think anyone would want to steal something like that.

Nickel Plated
February 12, 2013, 10:28 PM
Unfortunately, the current market is catering to Zombie Hunters and Video Game players who know no better.

And failing horribly at it. How exactly is neon green related to zombies in any way? Radioactive mutants maybe, but not zombies.

gym
February 12, 2013, 10:50 PM
Well you can't forget that any place.

Nickel Plated
February 12, 2013, 10:59 PM
Well you can't forget that any place.
Even though you'd probably like to.

FROGO207
February 12, 2013, 11:04 PM
It ain't easy being green.:D

splithoof
February 12, 2013, 11:46 PM
I'd even buy one in Hot Pink. My daughter was given a pink spray-painted BB gun with Barbie and animal stickers on it when she was four years old (she is now 15). She (and her younger brother) have now settled on how they will eventually divide up the family collection, having both been very active in our club, and taken over almost all the reloading chores and maintenance of the various loaders. I'll tell you something guys: when your own children take after one of your passions with great interest, and do it well, just watching them is worth all that time spent, miles driven, and money spent.

OregonJohnny
February 13, 2013, 03:53 PM
Yes, the stock is ugly in my opinion, and I would never put anything that bright on any firearm.

I don't own anything Zombie related, never have, never will.

However...

The Walking Dead is my absolute favorite television show, and I've watched it every Sunday night since the very first episode aired. It pulled in all-time record ratings last Sunday night. It is being watched by a huge population, many of which are impressionable 18-35 year old males. I know of at least 2 friends of mine who have become first-time firearm owners specifically because of the Walking Dead. Their excuse is "preparation" for some unforeseen future event, but the Zombie-themed apocalyptic television show is the seed that put the idea in their heads to become gun owners, and more generally, "preppers" in a casual sense.

Don't underestimate or undervalue the effect that Zombie shows, movies, and games are having on people wanting to become first-time gun owners. Aren't more gun owners a good thing?

mgmorden
February 13, 2013, 04:02 PM
Just think of it as Redding Green rather than Zombie green ;)

blaisenguns
February 13, 2013, 04:15 PM
Hey I like it and I like the Z-Max rounds from Hornady! It is useful too it glows in the dark!

jerkface11
February 13, 2013, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure how glowing in the dark is useful but ok.

blaisenguns
February 13, 2013, 04:28 PM
I'm not sure how glowing in the dark is useful but ok.

What could be more useful? You like sights that glow in the dark don't you? :D Besides it is more useful then a chainsaw attachment for an AR.

SharpsDressedMan
February 13, 2013, 04:30 PM
"Bout time they brought out a green gun!" ................. http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu88/pepsydog/kermit_zps21c302a3.gif

jerkface11
February 13, 2013, 04:33 PM
Besides it is more useful then a chainsaw attachment for an AR.

LOL but what isn't?

R.W.Dale
February 13, 2013, 04:41 PM
For a survival type firearms having it be an easy to find high visibility color could be a very useful feature in certain situations.

As a hunter Ive always wanted to be able to buy a "less than lethal" orange stock for my deer rifle.

I have "zombie grips" on my 386xl revolver just because they were cheap and fun. Who knows in a struggle in low light with a two or four legger those bright grips could be a godsend. For me it has nothing to do with zombie culture and everything to do with practicality and preference

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y96/krochus/2012-11-24102559.jpg

posted via that mobile app with the sig lines everyone complains about

blaisenguns
February 13, 2013, 04:45 PM
Plus Hogue products are awesome no matter what color.

savanahsdad
February 13, 2013, 04:51 PM
my wife told me, If I ever got her a pink gun, she would shoot me with it , I said I'd hide the ammo , with out missing a beat, she said she would beat me with it !! lol.. I wonder what she would do if I got her a GREEN one ? hummm , best hide the ammo first,

oh and shouldn't that thing have a red tip on it ?

9mmepiphany
February 13, 2013, 07:36 PM
LOL but what isn't?
Maybe trying to carry a CZ...or even using it as a HD pistol...with these attachments

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7370/czbayonet.jpg

Sharps-shooter
February 13, 2013, 07:52 PM
When i was ten, i would have loved this.

bdgackle
February 13, 2013, 09:07 PM
We should judge guns not by the color of their stocks, but by the contents of their chambers.

egg250
February 13, 2013, 09:10 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it. Although, I am more traditional minded...blued or parkerized metal and wood furniture finished with linseed oil.

blaisenguns
February 13, 2013, 09:39 PM
We should judge guns not by the color of their stocks, but by the contents of their chambers.

By that logic: It is a .22 :rolleyes:

Takem406
February 13, 2013, 09:41 PM
That would match my XDM!

In God and Glock we Trust

12gaugeTim
February 13, 2013, 09:52 PM
If you don't like it, it's as simple as not buying it. Let your dollar votes do the talking instead of deciding what's cool and uncool on forums. If it doesn't sell then no more will be made.

CZguy
February 14, 2013, 01:37 AM

That's debatable. I think they both fall right firmly, in the middle of the same category.

I'm not interested in either one, but have nothing against them being out there.

bdgackle
February 14, 2013, 03:35 AM
@blasin - Right. And the 22 is a fine chambering. It is the most popular round on the planet a reason. :neener

If you enjoyed reading about "Oh my eyes, Hogue should be ashamed!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!