Mark 23 Suppressor Options

PDA

el Godfather
February 11, 2013, 11:13 PM
Dear THR:
I want to buy a suppressor for my Mark 23. I want to go with the best possible option that is most quiet. What do you suggest?

Thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "Mark 23 Suppressor Options" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
allaroundhunter
February 12, 2013, 10:05 AM
Well, most of us here in the US will not be of any help. Much of the suppressors that we have access to you won't. Suppressors are a business that are not allowed to be shipped out of the country, nor imported by civilians (I believe).

TIMC
February 12, 2013, 10:40 AM
I chose the Osprey for my USP.

Prince Yamato
February 12, 2013, 01:53 PM
Does Knight's export? They're the ones who originally made a can for that gun.

el Godfather
February 13, 2013, 12:18 PM
I see.
From your experience which one reduces the noise the most?

SilentScream
February 13, 2013, 01:27 PM
Knight's is an excellent suppressor also if you have the ability to, try to get your hands on a Brugger & Thomet.

allaroundhunter
February 13, 2013, 01:34 PM
Does Knight's export? They're the ones who originally made a can for that gun.

Due to US gov't restrictions on exporting suppressors, I am pretty sure the only people with a chance of getting a Knight's suppressor are allied militaries, and even then, not all of them. There are many other suppressor manufacturers in Europe that we don't have access to but the OP *should*.

Prince Yamato
February 13, 2013, 07:57 PM
Oh B&T! I forgot! Great company!

el Godfather
February 13, 2013, 09:53 PM
Now the question is whether BT makes one for mark23 and where in Europe are they available? I will be in Czech Republic for a visit. If one is available there, I can pick it up.

Ironman
February 14, 2013, 11:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxx_AUYjj0s

:)

C11H26NO2PS
June 14, 2013, 07:03 PM
I have the Knight's Armament suppressor designed for the Mark 23, and be warned that the price tag is as steep as the firearm itself.

That being said, it's a fantastic suppressor designed and built to last. On top of that, it can be used wet or dry, and when fired wet, it's remarkably quieter than dry... to the point where heads turn when you're shooting it wet at a range.

But then again, I chose it because it's the same model from Metal Gear Solid, which turned me on to getting a Mark 23 in the first place, and the dimpled exterior has an aesthetic which pleases me.

JustinJ
June 15, 2013, 01:41 PM
Now the question is whether BT makes one for mark23 and where in Europe are they available? I will be in Czech Republic for a visit. If one is available there, I can pick it up.

I don't know about specifically for the mark23 but any .45 can with the proper thread type and a Nielsen device should work fine.

rjrivero
June 15, 2013, 06:47 PM
I have the Knight's Armament suppressor designed for the Mark 23, and be warned that the price tag is as steep as the firearm itself.

That being said, it's a fantastic suppressor designed and built to last. On top of that, it can be used wet or dry, and when fired wet, it's remarkably quieter than dry... to the point where heads turn when you're shooting it wet at a range.

But then again, I chose it because it's the same model from Metal Gear Solid, which turned me on to getting a Mark 23 in the first place, and the dimpled exterior has an aesthetic which pleases me.

Knight used to make their suppressors with serial numbers that would match your Mark 23. I lived in a restricted state when I got my Mark 23. When I finally moved, they no longer offered the serial number matching. I was very disappointed.

azimuth
November 11, 2013, 09:52 PM
Sorry for the thread resurrection. I have the Knights suppressor for my Mark 23. I chose it because it was the only approved suppressor for HK pistols in the US at the time and because it is built like a tank. It is made of stainless steel and is military grade. It weighs considerably more than the other suppressors recently available since they are made with mostly aluminum and titanium components. Their advantage is light weight and 8-ish decibels quieter, but titanium can over heat and get brittle and aluminum can corrode eventually. I decided that I'd buy what HK had tested and approved and I'm glad I did. Another benefit of a heavier suppressor is that it dampens recoil of an already tame .45acp pistol. All in all, though the KAC suppressor is more expensive and a few Db louder, the benefits are far greater IMO. The KAC is approved in the US and the B&T is approved for the rest of the world IIRC. There was also an approved suppressor from CCF, but I don't think it's available anymore.
Here's mine...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/azimyth/mk23033.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Mark 23 Suppressor Options" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!