Live Webcast of the Gun Control Hearings in Denver

PDA

Justin
February 12, 2013, 07:13 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22572461/major-battle-over-gun-bills-set-tuesday-at

The Judiciary Committee is debating three gun control laws right now.

The law requiring universal background checks has passed, and they're currently discussing the passage of a ban on standard capacity magazines.

If you enjoyed reading about "Live Webcast of the Gun Control Hearings in Denver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
chris in va
February 12, 2013, 07:15 PM
Crap, can't watch it on the Ipad.

Carter
February 12, 2013, 09:13 PM
I liked Sheriff Smith's testimony.

Don't live in Colorado, but interesting debate.

Justin
February 12, 2013, 09:20 PM
Yeah, Smith is really good. Watching him challenge the law makers to put their money where their mouth is was just astounding.

Justin
February 12, 2013, 11:39 PM
The fix appears to be in.

They're going to amend the magazine ban to only apply to magazines that hold more than 15 rounds, and then go pat themselves on the back for being open minded about the issue.

Jorg Nysgerrig
February 12, 2013, 11:46 PM
This is just painful to watch.

Laws and sausages, indeed.

mrvco
February 12, 2013, 11:52 PM
Frankly I'm embarrassed to call Colorado home right now.

I posted this in a similar thread in the activism sub-forum:

This mag ban is positively absurd. It won't be any more effective than Denver's current ban has been and prosecution of it will be strictly arbitrary and prejudicial. I have a bunch of 15+ cap mags and absolutely no way of proving whether I purchased them pre-ban or post-ban ~2 hours away in Wyoming. Fortunately it doesn't sound like any of our Sheriffs will bother enforcing this silliness, of course it's not like the Denver Police have bothered to enforce their mag ban anyway (unless they decide that they don't like you of course).

Not to mention, this UBC legislation is almost equally absurd, as long as you purchased a gun prior to the ban, you can back-date an invoice and say you sold it for cash prior to the ban taking effect.

ol' scratch
February 13, 2013, 07:17 AM
It needs to pass the whole house. It is just out of committee. There is still time. I would also recommend that you write down the names of the fools who voted for it to leave committee and vote their butts out of office. http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22573432/colorado-house-committee-likely-ask-15-round-magazine

SoCalNoMore
February 13, 2013, 08:49 AM
Colorado does still have time, but they need to act fast. It will be an uphill battle as the Gov Liberal Dem to the core.

I hope that Magpul puts in a good effort to be heard by the Governor.

It is a shame that the are voting for a limit on how citizens can protect themselves. The politicians need to be reminded of their hypocrisy, they can have protection of firearms without limit but we can't????:banghead:

There is no logic, statistical fact or reasoning behind a limit on what a factory size magazine is.

If you enjoyed reading about "Live Webcast of the Gun Control Hearings in Denver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!