Real Time State of the Union Poll on Bing.

PDA

LubeckTech
February 12, 2013, 09:12 PM
If you go to Bing.com you can vote in real time on the president's adderss topics tonight.

MAKE YOURSELF HEARD!

If you enjoyed reading about "Real Time State of the Union Poll on Bing." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GI_Jared
February 12, 2013, 09:36 PM
I am sharing my pulse time now, will post a screen shot when he starts talking about gun control

GI_Jared
February 12, 2013, 10:15 PM
Screenshot from when Obama first mentioned gun control
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/jleable/Screenshotfrom2013-02-12211004_zpsf892ae1f.png

vtail
February 12, 2013, 10:17 PM
I saw it go to -75, and may have been as low as -77.

GI_Jared
February 12, 2013, 10:17 PM
and when he finished talking about it
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l216/jleable/Screenshotfrom2013-02-12211309_zps12115f5f.png

larryh1108
February 12, 2013, 10:22 PM
In one breath he talks about the fundamental right to vote and then he states how we need gun control to stop the violence. Amazing how politicians talk out of both sides of their mouth.

Trent
February 12, 2013, 10:26 PM
I have a feeling I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

"Good night little girls, daddy loves you. And if you happen to hear daddy yelling very loudly at this nice black man on TV, just stay in bed and cover your ears."

LubeckTech
February 12, 2013, 10:27 PM
What he fails to mention is none of the current proposed gun bills would stop or even slow down violence

Trent
February 12, 2013, 10:33 PM
Wow I REALLY like this Marco Rubio guy that's doing the Republican dissent speech.

InkEd
February 12, 2013, 10:44 PM
I like Rubio!

Trent
February 12, 2013, 10:46 PM
You can tell he's new at this, and nervous, but MAN that guy can talk well, and sincerely.

I see one heck of a future for that guy in politics.

And I really like his line of "we don't need larger government, we need smaller, smarter government."

JFrame
February 12, 2013, 10:46 PM
I like Rubio!

Ditto! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/just_cuz/JC_doubleup.gif

Greenmachin3
February 12, 2013, 10:48 PM
Yeah, definitely nervous. Dry mouth, sweaty, needed a drink of water... but man, his points are all spot on. If he can stay clean (which many politicians seem to be miserable at) then I can see him going places.

mcdonl
February 12, 2013, 10:50 PM
Brian Williams is an idiot. His first two responses after the republican response are about a drink of water and twitter. Give me a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larryh1108
February 12, 2013, 10:54 PM
Rubio is considered to be the leading candidate for the 2016 election for the Republicans. His bio is very strong as well.

texasgun
February 12, 2013, 11:32 PM
2016? doubtful. I hope the GOP doesn't burn him that soon....

2020? sure. he would have a good shot.

InkEd
February 13, 2013, 12:49 AM
He'll have to take on Hillary.

bdgackle
February 13, 2013, 02:16 AM
So what happened at 10:05:30? That one little spike where it went positive for people from both parties? Is that the part where he boldly declared that puppies are cute and lower unemployment would be a Good Thing?

Zardaia
February 13, 2013, 02:22 AM
So this was somthing like 99% negative? Couldn't make it out too well on my tv, but seemed to be in bottom half the whole time.

HorseSoldier
February 13, 2013, 03:11 AM
If you go to Bing's page for the insta-poll (http://www.bing.com/politics/stateoftheunion?OCID=MSN_SOTU_TWITTER_BingSocialMedia_SOTU_TwitterEntry) the final data appears to be out of sync with the screen shots posted on here and the final data posted elsewhere. People looking at it may also note that they dropped that pesky positive/negative baseline, and are now presenting the data just showing the spikes up and down from an unidentified midpoint -- giving the impression that would be a zero on a positive or negative scale, when the raw data makes it look like the midpoint was somewhere in maybe the negative 30s.

Which is to say, "lies, damn lies, and statistics" are still very much alive and well in the US of A. :barf:

RTR_RTR
February 13, 2013, 04:45 AM
Top 10 words

7. People
8. Must
9. Like
10. Congress

;)

radiotom
February 13, 2013, 06:46 AM
The state of our union is "strong" LOL

They will say it all the way up to another civil war.

GI_Jared
February 13, 2013, 07:24 AM
I watched the trendline the entire time. If I had to guess I would say the average number was -40 for the entire state of the union.

larryh1108
February 13, 2013, 07:52 AM
I'm still amazed that he states than an "overwhelming majority of Americans" including gun owners want some type of gun regulation. I mean, how can he even say that with a straight face?

Ryanxia
February 13, 2013, 09:15 AM
That's crazy, glad it's there in plain English for everyone to see though.

2ifbyC
February 13, 2013, 10:41 AM
A few points I thought were the most despicable portions of his speech on the topic of gun control:

1) "Overwhelming majorities of Americans Americans who believe in the 2nd Amendment have come together around commonsense reform".

Care to define what overwhelming majorities is in real numbers? Since Obama thinks 16.4 trillion dollars is little debt, then I can deduce that "overwhelming majority" in a population of around 300 million equates to a handful of people.

There we go with that "commonsense" word again.

2) Police chiefs are asking our help to get weapons of war and massive ammunition magazines off our streets, because they are tired of being outgunned.

Weapons of war? I guess this is a new euphemism for assault rifle.
Police are being outgunned? Interesting revelation. Maybe they should have bought before the AWB buying panic that Obama created.

3) They deserve a vote.

This chant was repeated incessantly for each of the invited quests who were victims/involved with gun violence. Sorry Mr. President, but the sound reverberated only in your DC bubble. Instead of meaningful debate, you chose to use emotions to win your cause. It's become a hackneyed tactic that we Americans have become wise to.

JFrame
February 13, 2013, 10:47 AM
The creepiest things that I hear leftists utter are the words "common sense" and "reasonable."

blaisenguns
February 13, 2013, 10:50 AM
The creepiest thing was how the house was giving him a standing ovation for his asinine remarks regarding "commonsense reform" and "they deserve a vote".

JFrame
February 13, 2013, 10:56 AM
The creepiest thing was how the house was giving him a standing ovation for his asinine remarks regarding "commonsense reform" and "they deserve a vote".

Yep -- that too.

Airbrush Artist
February 13, 2013, 11:03 AM
"We must protect those who serve abroad" like our Diplomats and Intelligence Officers.-Barak Obama 2013 State of the Union Speech..Reely...

jaxbeach904
February 13, 2013, 11:16 AM
A few points I thought were the most despicable portions of his speech on the topic of gun control:

1) "Overwhelming majorities of Americans Americans who believe in the 2nd Amendment have come together around commonsense reform".

Care to define what overwhelming majorities is in real numbers? Since Obama thinks 16.4 trillion dollars is little debt, then I can deduce that "overwhelming majority" in a population of around 300 million equates to a handful of people.

There we go with that "commonsense" word again.

2) Police chiefs are asking our help to get weapons of war and massive ammunition magazines off our streets, because they are tired of being outgunned.

Weapons of war? I guess this is a new euphemism for assault rifle.
Police are being outgunned? Interesting revelation. Maybe they should have bought before the AWB buying panic that Obama created.

3) They deserve a vote.

This chant was repeated incessantly for each of the invited quests who were victims/involved with gun violence. Sorry Mr. President, but the sound reverberated only in your DC bubble. Instead of meaningful debate, you chose to use emotions to win your cause. It's become a hackneyed tactic that we Americans have become wise to.
Speaking of outgunned, weren't there about a million police chiefs that wrote him and uncle Joe to tell them they wouldn't enforce his unconstitutional BS? Where does he get all this stuff from? All i hear when he speaks is "more entitlements, blah blah blah, obama phones, blah blah blah, evil black guns and their super sized magazines of death, blah blah blah, amnesty for illegals, blah blah blah, and its all Bush's fault... God bless America".

mcdonl
February 13, 2013, 11:18 AM
I was happy to hear David Gregory say in the post SOTU report that "Obama knows he will not get an AW or Magazine ban" and that he is just looking for a vote.

Same morons that listen to Obama listen to his press people so I consider that a small victory.

Manco
February 13, 2013, 12:51 PM
I was happy to hear David Gregory say in the post SOTU report that "Obama knows he will not get an AW or Magazine ban" and that he is just looking for a vote.

I have to say that I agree--Obama didn't say that they deserve any of these infringements on our rights, he said that Congress should vote on it. He knows that he very likely won't have the votes he wants at this point, so why the rush? He looked to me like he was ready to reclaim some lost political capital with rhetoric while he still had the chance, and wash his hands of any failure at the same time. That's no excuse for us to get complacent--not one bit, as this fight is at several levels of government and is far from over--but he must be pretty discouraged right now (at least until the next exploitable tragedy perpetrated by a crazy person gives him another excuse to dredge up the same tired, old, false arguments :rolleyes:).

HoosierQ
February 13, 2013, 01:24 PM
That's the way I saw it. That whole "It deserves a vote thing" reminds me of the things during the cold war. Lot's of people wanted to make the communist party illegal. I said "now way! That's right where you want them, on the ballot, where Americans can line up in droves and vote them down". I think in the whole history of the USA, maybe like 3 or 4 actual, real for sure communists ever got elected to anything in the USA...and that would be at most some folks at the local level office.

Same with all these gun control bills. They're coming, hell or high water, so let's get a vote on them and get them voted down.

mcdonl
February 13, 2013, 01:41 PM
Your right Manco... quite the opposite... today has been a "striking while the iron is hot" type of day.

It was nice to have a real focus today...

Subject - The POTUS wants a Vote... So give him one....

Just remember, I have a vote too and I intend to vote for those who protect our second amendment rights.

Focus on the issues with our society and budget that are the leading factors in gun violence. The guns, as you know are NOT the problem.

David Gregory had it right... "Obama knows he will not get an AW or Magazine BAN"... so move on to actually enforcing the laws we DO have on the books.

HorseSoldier
February 13, 2013, 05:08 PM
I'm still amazed that he states than an "overwhelming majority of Americans" including gun owners want some type of gun regulation. I mean, how can he even say that with a straight face?

All this was inspired by the principle--which is quite true within itself--that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously.
-- Adolf Hitler

If you enjoyed reading about "Real Time State of the Union Poll on Bing." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!