Which one you do NOT want?

PDA

el Godfather
February 13, 2013, 10:21 AM
Dear THR:
If you could have five of the six pistols listed, which one would you vote out? Please share your reasons.

For me, I have very hard time deciding. Each of the ones listed offer distinct advantages.

Thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "Which one you do NOT want?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mmitch
February 13, 2013, 10:26 AM
I would not take number 3.

I hate the number 3.

Mike

orionengnr
February 13, 2013, 10:52 AM
If I had numbers 1 and 4, I would easily live without the remainder.

g_one
February 13, 2013, 11:02 AM
If I had numbers 1 and 4, I would easily live without the remainder.
Agreed.
If someone gave me a P30, a P99, a 92, and a 226 elite I would be tickled pink - so that I could trade them in for a VBOB.

pacerdude
February 13, 2013, 11:04 AM
I voted against the P99 as I feel the Glock would be almost as easy to conceal and I wouldn't want to lose the Dan Wesson,Sig, H&K or Beretta.

Spammy_H
February 13, 2013, 11:18 AM
I've not been impressed by Beretta's longevity. Everything else on the list seems to hold up better.

1st choice - VBOB - I want one so bad.
2nd - HK - of all the non-1911s out there that's the one I'd like to have.

tarosean
February 13, 2013, 11:26 AM
No interest in the VBOB. No other reason than I dislike the 1911 bob'd feel in my hands.

g_one
February 13, 2013, 11:56 AM
No interest in the VBOB. No other reason than I dislike the 1911 bob'd feel in my hands.
I do agree somewhat, bobbed 1911's take some getting used to especially if you are a long-time owner of a standard 1911; for me though, it's all about the quality of Dan Wesson. Give me a DW over a Kimber, Colt, or any other production 1911 any day.

JTQ
February 13, 2013, 12:08 PM
No "bob's" for me either. The top three things that look wrong on a 1911, in my opinion, bobtail, light rail (I guess I'm warming up to this a little), finger groove grips (go back to your Glock).

While I'd like to own a SIG P226, I'm not a fan of the Elite series. Why do you need a beavertail on a SIP P-Series? Are they known for hammer bite? No, I suspect.

ColtPythonElite
February 13, 2013, 12:11 PM
I will pass on them all.

guyfromohio
February 13, 2013, 12:13 PM
The Walther would mean nothing to me.

Bovice
February 13, 2013, 12:14 PM
I want everything large. Everything.

Corpral_Agarn
February 13, 2013, 12:24 PM
I don't really have a need for a Glock 19.
Nothing wrong with them, of course, they just don't send me anywhere and I have other guns that cover the same niche that I really enjoy shooting.
... that and if I changed my mind I could just go get one... from like anywhere... :D

The Elite would be my first to keep followed closely by the VBob.

returningfire
February 13, 2013, 12:50 PM
Think about Factory Service

RBid
February 13, 2013, 01:01 PM
I don't care for Berettas. I respect them. I like how they look. I like the grip. Somehow, despite all of that, I have no desire to own one.

The rest of that list is full of winners.

tuj
February 13, 2013, 01:05 PM
92fs, the DA trigger is terrible.

el Godfather
February 13, 2013, 01:16 PM
So far Elite seems to be the most popular pistol. I can see why.

bannockburn
February 13, 2013, 01:42 PM
I voted for the Beretta Model 92 as I really don't care for DA/SA semi-autos with slide mounted safeties. The other thing is that Model 92 doesn't fit my hand very well and the guns overall ergos don't work for me.

OregonJohnny
February 13, 2013, 01:57 PM
92fs, the DA trigger is terrible.

a $5.99 Beretta "D" spring, plus about 3 minutes of your time, without any special tools, makes the Beretta 92 double action trigger at least 100% better. I don't know of any other modification this simple that can make such a dramatic difference in trigger feel.

There always seems to be a lot of hate on THR for the Beretta 92. I find it funny when so many people say the Beretta is too big for their hands, and too large for the round it fires, then sing the praises for the Glock 17.

The only common complaint I agree with is the slide-mounted decocker/safety. But with regular practice, handling the Beretta becomes second nature. It just takes a lot of getting used to for people who have shot 1911s or striker-fired guns exclusively.

snakeman
February 13, 2013, 02:06 PM
the glock, because glocks just don't fit my hand well

OldBrownDog
February 13, 2013, 02:13 PM
The Beretta. I just don't care for how it fits my hand. I don't care for the Glock either, but I wouldn't feel bad beating one up, if I owned one. The Walther would be my next least favorite.

Fishbed77
February 13, 2013, 03:51 PM
Hard to pick. All are great pistols. Maybe if we knew an intended use, it would be easier to narrow down. For example, for carry, my top choice of these would be the Walther P99AS (great ergonomics, incredible reliability, and brillant DA/SA trigger design), and bottom choice would be the Beretta (a little too big).

CB900F
February 13, 2013, 03:57 PM
Fella's;

I was amazed by the above negative comment about the H&K factory service: "Think about Factory Service". I don't have to "think" about it, I've got actual experience. It was fast, exactly what I wanted, and done at a good price too. What's not to like? I had the operating lever on my USPc replaced with the ambidextrous one. No problems since then with the work either, and it's been awhile.

As for what I voted off, that was the Glock. They don't work for me, though apparantly they do for other people.

900F

returningfire
February 13, 2013, 04:08 PM
Don't have a negative comment on H&K service, just not a positive one either. Maybe they have gotten better.

el Godfather
February 13, 2013, 04:32 PM
I ended up voting out Beretta 92, but as soon as i submitted the vote, I remain more unsure about the options.

Here are my reasons for keeping each:

Vbob: I like commander size 1911. In .45, I think 1911 remains arguably the best platform. DanWesson offers excellent tight tolerance pistol in 1600$. Looks are great as well. Some people think looks dont matter, but to me they do if its something you are going to carry and appreciate. Most attractive feature: Craftsmanship.

H&K P30: I have not seen more ergonomic pistol than P30. Reliability is excellent, capacity is sufficient, accuracy is decent (although I have some doubts in this department). Most attractive feature: Ergonomics.

Elite 226: Well Sig Sauer is Sig Sauer, but 226 Elite is just a cut above. Great grip angle with slimmer profile, dead on reliability, beavertail, tactical night sights and SRT. Most attractive feature: SRT.

Glock 19: Some people argue its the best utility 9mm made to this date. Size is ideal for a compact pistol, and super reliability, which speaks volumes. Such reliability is comforting factor when taking in to a hostile territory. Tons of after market accessories. You turn your in to competition pistol, carbine, smg, whatever you want. Most attractive feature: Reliability.

Beretta 92FS: the INOX is probably the most stylish while no compromise on reliability. Cheap magazines. Some people think slide mounted safety isn't great, but in 92F I dont mind as oppose to the likes of makarovs. Most attractive feature: stylish looks.

Walther99: excellent erginomics, stf yet decocker, one of my top choice for .40 (Bond handgun), balanced pricing where you get more bang for the buck. Most attractive feature: for me is its appeal in .40SW.

Now all that said, I am not sure if my voting out beretta was the right decision. I thought hard about Beretta, Glock and to a lesser extent Walther. I was pretty confident about p30, elite and to a lesser extent vbob.

Thus, may be Glock should have gone as its utility is pretty much replicated by other options. One thing that went in favor of the Glock is the sentimental value since I carried Glock through thick and thin, rain and shine, when it really mattered back then. At the moment Glock was my to go gun so there is that attachment to this innate piece of plastic :).

TennJed
February 13, 2013, 05:25 PM
dan wesson. nothing against it, I would just rather have the others

jon_in_wv
February 13, 2013, 09:47 PM
I voted for the P226. The grip just feels too large in my hand. The rest would be on my wish list but they aren't on my radar any time soon.

el Godfather
February 13, 2013, 11:04 PM
Jon are you talking about the 226 generic model or have you handled the Elite which is in question?

hey_poolboy
February 14, 2013, 09:51 AM
I put the Sig at the bottom of my list. I'ts not a bad gun, just my least favorite of the bunch. The Sig $56 mags are also a little hard for me to swallow. :barf:

Outlaw Man
February 14, 2013, 10:02 AM
Glocks always feel like I'm holding someone else's gun. That's the only legitimate (or not so legitimate) gripe I have with any of them.

BulletArc47
February 14, 2013, 10:08 AM
Dammit that was a difficult poll to answer! I chose the G-19; never been a big Glock fan.

psyopspec
February 14, 2013, 10:20 AM

My experience with them was similar to a poster above; very responsive, very fast, and absolutely free.

As to the OP, my vote goes the Beretta. Doesn't fit me, don't like the trigger, and for a gun I don't prefer I spent a lot of time with one as a duty weapon. I'm burned out on it, but if it's the platform that fits someone else I think it's a fine choice.

JR24
February 14, 2013, 01:54 PM
Voted Glock, don't like Glocks. They don't fit my hands.

Close second was the Beretta, also don't fit my hands.

nelsonal
February 14, 2013, 02:45 PM
Presuming the Glock is gen3/4 I don't care for the Glock grip texture since then, so it's an easy choice for me.

el Godfather
February 14, 2013, 03:11 PM
Seems like Glock is going to be voted out. May be it looses appeal among the other plastics listed.

Pukindog12
February 14, 2013, 05:42 PM
Just out of curiosity I wonder how many people who voted for the Walther P99 have actually shot or handled one? :confused:

Teachu2
February 14, 2013, 05:46 PM
Just out of curiosity I wonder how many people who voted for the Walther P99 have actually shot or handled one? :confused:
Or any of the votes?

Of the group, the Glock is the only one I'm currently seeking to buy...

mbopp
February 14, 2013, 09:08 PM
Glocks just don't fit my hand well.

el Godfather
February 15, 2013, 12:04 AM
Before i handled and shot P30, I thought of p99 is the best ergonomic pistol. I think it is way under-appreciated.

Grmlin
February 15, 2013, 12:19 AM
It was between the Glock or the Berretta, I went with the Berretta. Evan after carrying it for 10 years, although I shot it very well with either hand it just was not that comfortable in either one. I can honestly say I never cared for it. I was better and more comfortable with the 1911.

tiamat
February 15, 2013, 01:07 AM
I voted the Block, i mean Glock off the island. It's like holding a 2x4.

Don357
February 15, 2013, 01:23 AM
NO GLOCKS

I'm not saying Glocks aren't good guns, I just don't like them. They don't fit my hand, they're UGLY, and in my opinion, the "safe action" trigger system isn't safe.

Hondo 60
February 15, 2013, 02:06 AM
I voted out the Glock 19.
Why?

Because it's U-G-L-Y, you ain't got no alibi, you ugly, you ugly, yo momma said you ugly!!!!!

sorry, it's past time for my medication

ifit
February 15, 2013, 02:57 AM
I also voted out Glock, much better options nowadays at least for me

el Godfather
February 15, 2013, 03:11 AM
Hondo 60. Please take medication before you hurt yourself yelling.

Ehtereon11B
February 15, 2013, 04:06 AM
Can't stand Glocks. Dan Wesson would be second. The rest are fine weapons.

postalnut25
February 15, 2013, 04:32 AM
The HK can go away. The rest can stay.

Not a big fan of the Beretta 92, either, but if I could get a G model instead of an FS that would be great.

The SIG is OK, but a little large for my hands. The E2 style grips help that.

Bobson
February 15, 2013, 04:33 AM
Can't believe the Glock is losing with the most votes.

I voted for the Beretta. Easy decision for me, it was a tossup between the Beretta and the Walther. My decision was based on my experience with the Beretta. I never enjoyed shooting it, and I have zero interest in shooting it ever again.

As others have said, if I had the Glock 19, I'd gladly trade everything else on the list for the VBOB. Those are the only two guns on there that appeal to me at all.

meanmrmustard
February 15, 2013, 06:30 AM
Since I can only vote for one, I chose HK. Too much money for something other guns do the same for cheaper.

I'll gladly take the G19 or Walther.

LawScholar
February 15, 2013, 07:06 AM
Hard choice.

I'd ditch the HK or Walther. I prefer the Sig 226 to the P30, especially the Elite, and Beretta scratches that 'exotic, sexy' itch better than the sweet P99.

el Godfather
February 15, 2013, 07:10 AM
Bobson, believe it. When given meaningful choices it can happen. Although rare, but it can. Usually in polls Glock fans just point and click without thinking twice- here they can not do that, unless they just want to randomly decide to vote some other pistol. Why would they make such pains taking efforts?

meanmrmustard
February 15, 2013, 07:15 AM
Bobson, believe it. When given meaningful choices it can happen. Although rare, but it can. Usually in polls Glock fans just point and click without thinking twice- here they can not do that, unless they just want to randomly decide to vote some other pistol. Why would they make such pains taking efforts?
Isn't that what a fan of any gun would do?

Isn't that what you might do if the thread read "Do you like HK?"

I read the poll, I like Glock and Walther. HKs can take an expensive hike.

Edit: I meant to say "ridiculously overpriced" rather than expensive. Expensive implies I may buy at some point.

el Godfather
February 15, 2013, 07:31 AM
No that is not what I would do. I do not know why you have the idea that I am an H&K fan boy. I like their pistols, but in many cases have preferred other over them.

meanmrmustard
February 15, 2013, 08:06 AM
Then, I must admit, I'm having trouble finding a point to this poll.

el Godfather
February 15, 2013, 09:09 AM
Is there point to anything?

Lolz.

Point is see to how these pistols measure up with each other. Generally, we pick favorite, but here we are choosing the one that renders the least amount of utility assuming that one has the five other on the list. More imporantly, to have fun discussion and to see how everyone else thinks under various constraints.

sigarms228
February 15, 2013, 09:29 AM
Nice poll and shows just how desirable the amazing P226 is. :D

tarosean
February 15, 2013, 11:59 AM
Nice poll and shows just how desirable the amazing P226 is

It would be on my list to purchase if I didnt have to send it off to have the rail removed and refinished. (I hate rails on guns I would carry.)

tarosean
February 15, 2013, 12:01 PM

If Im paying basically double what other plastic pistols run I would like to think Id never know what their Customer Service is like... (pipe dream yeah I know)

Dave T
February 15, 2013, 01:46 PM
Couldn't vote in your poll as the Dan Wesson is the only one I would allow in my safe.

Dave

temmi
February 15, 2013, 02:14 PM
I really don't any

Snake

GLOOB
February 15, 2013, 06:16 PM
I voted P226 Elite. American made P226 with a beavertail? No thanks. That doesn't even have collector value, IMO.

ExTank
February 15, 2013, 06:44 PM
I voted the Glock off. They're uninspiring, in my experience, and the Glock Mafia fanboy hype hasn't helped sell me on them. :banghead:

The H&K was a close second; it's a nice gun, but in-hand, it feels much like a P99, for $300-$400 more in price. :scrutiny:

The VBob is a 1911, and I can always use (or find use for) another 1911. :)

Couldn't care less for the Sig, but there is no Sig Mafia gushing fanboys to annoy me, so it stays. :rolleyes:

And the Beretta is close enough to my workhorse Taurus -92's and -99's that it can stay, too. :)

MarshallDodge
February 15, 2013, 06:56 PM
I voted against the 92FS, not to mean that it is a bad pistol, just that I find them to be very bulky.

For a wonderfully accurate gun with an excellent trigger, I would pick the VBOB. I carried the predecessor to the VBOB, the CBOB, for a few years.

For a quality defensive pistol that I would trust above all others, the P30 is hard to beat. My everday carry is a 9mm P30 with the V2 LEM trigger. I have had one hiccup in the last 10K rounds with it and it was an ammunition issue.

el Godfather
February 16, 2013, 01:24 AM
ExTank
I can see how fan boy mafia can become annoying- may it be Glock or any other.

click clack
February 16, 2013, 02:13 AM
Not that I have shot one before, but the P30s never really did it for me. I know they have a strong following but I guess Id rather the Walther if I have to have a euro mag release

el Godfather
February 16, 2013, 07:38 AM
Walther is very close second in ergonomics

meanmrmustard
February 16, 2013, 08:34 AM
Is there point to anything?

Lolz.

Point is see to how these pistols measure up with each other. Generally, we pick favorite, but here we are choosing the one the renders least utility assuming that we have five others on the list. More imporantly, to have fun discussion and see how everyone else thinks under various constraints.
Well, I suppose.

People are loving the Sig.

ExTank
February 16, 2013, 11:20 AM
ExTank
I can see how fan boy mafia can become annoying- may it be Glock or any other

Just to be clear, I actually have nothing against Glocks; they just haven't "grabbed" me the few times I've fired range rentals. Not bad guns, just not..."inspiring." I do acknowledge their quality and rugged build, and their tested, proven reliability.

I also have no problem with people who have owned and/or fired multiple makes/models of firearms and have an experiential base upon which they make their Glock recommendations.

But I have been offered way too much unsolictied "range advice" or gun-store counter advice by twenty-somethings who have only owned/fired one gun: their Glock.

They list all the virtues of Glock, and it sounds as if they have painstakingly memorized the Glock sales brochure.

They even go so far as to denigrate "junk guns" like Sig, Walther, S&W, etc. Basically, name any other brand of firearm, and to them, it's junk.

And they also look offended :mad: when I say, "Thanks, but no thanks."

I do admire Glocks from a strictly business perspective; Glock has a media and customer support organization that I think is unrivalled in the firearms industry. I think their marketing strategy is also top-notch. They have earned their reputation in every aspect.

I typically tout Walthers here on THR. My P99AS feels like it was custom made for my hand. It is the best I've come to a naturally pointing and shooting handgun in my 40 years of handgun shooting. The H&K P30 feels very similar the few times I've handled one, and I have very little doubt that it shoots just as well.

I'm just not paying $900+ for one. :) Not when I haven't paid more than $600 for any of my Walthers.

el Godfather
February 16, 2013, 04:41 PM
It seems like Glock is pretty much voted out. Sig Sauer is showing up to be a clear winner as very few voted against it.

Warp
February 16, 2013, 09:25 PM
Either the Beretta or the Sig

blkbrd666
February 16, 2013, 09:46 PM
I would toss the Glock. A pistol needs at least 2 out of 3 from this list:

1. Work good.
2. Feel good.
3. Look good.

The Glock feels bad and looks bad. All the rest have at least 2, if not all 3, going for them.

meanmrmustard
February 16, 2013, 09:59 PM
Either the Beretta or the Sig
Which would you keep?

I'm taking the Walther or the Glock.

mr.trooper
February 16, 2013, 10:04 PM
I could definitely live without the V-Bob.

Warp
February 16, 2013, 10:09 PM
Which would you keep?

I'm taking the Walther or the Glock.

The Glock.

RFMan
February 16, 2013, 11:22 PM
I need the inverse vote, where I vote which to keep rather than which to throw away :) I love the DW. Don't want any of the rest, based on various combinations of trigger, grip angle, caliber, size/weight, and just general ergonomics. Yes, I'm a 1911 fan, but I own other non-1911 platforms as well.

berettaprofessor
February 16, 2013, 11:27 PM
Hate the Glock trigger and disassembly

el Godfather
February 17, 2013, 01:06 AM
Trigger may be questionable, but disassembly can not get any simpler.

Jaymo
February 17, 2013, 04:18 AM
I voted G19, but nobody cares what I think.

meanmrmustard
February 17, 2013, 06:41 AM
Hate the Glock trigger and disassembly
What!:eek::confused::eek:

Confederate
February 17, 2013, 12:10 PM
I would not take number 3. I hate the number 3.
Number 3 is the Sig Saur Elite 226 and has all the charm as something made by an Erector Set. I have the 226's .45 brother, the 220 (the non-Elite), and if you think of it like raw broccoli, it would be an apt metaphor, in my opinion. The guns are ultra reliable, accurate tools that can last a lifetime; however, where most 9mm go "clink," the Sig Saurs go "clunk!" I also found that the hammer drop feature frequently bites my thumb. On the other hand, so to speak, the Sigs are easy to take down clean and reassemble. I love admiring the craftsmanship of my other handguns, but my Sig remains in a zippered case in my safe, oiled and ready for whoever I will it to. Again, good gun; however, it's like broccoli. Raw broccoli. Very good for you, but it isn't about tasting great.

The Elite models are somewhat better, but in my view, they're just more of the same...and the safety still tends to bite. But the appeal is a minor improvement!

http://crosshairsusa.net/prod_images_blowup/Sig_P220.jpg

http://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/P220-Dark-Elite-Hero-Detail-L4.jpg

The P220 Elite Dark

osteodoc08
February 17, 2013, 12:17 PM
I'd get rid of the H&K, just never been a fan.

If only two, I'd KEEP the DW and Sig

Bushpilot
February 17, 2013, 02:22 PM
The Beretta 92 would be the one that I would probably want the least. I've never shot a 92 that was anything other than mediocre accuracy wise and I'm not just talking about wore out M9's. I don't like the way the barrel fits in the front of the slide on 92's, it's usually a sloppy fit. I'm not a real big fan of Glocks either but the Glocks I've shot would outshoot the 92's, even with the Glocks trigger...

el Godfather
February 17, 2013, 02:58 PM
Given the strong sentiments against H&K customer service it is amazing that P30 is still number 2 favorite.

CZguy
February 17, 2013, 05:31 PM
I voted G19, but nobody cares what I think.

As a general rule, I think your Mom and dog care what you think. After that you may be right.

I too voted for the Glock 19.

bill3424
February 17, 2013, 05:36 PM
I wouldn't take an HK. Parts are too hard to find, fairly pricey. Been there, don't that. I had to wait forever for night sights for my P30's.

OregonJohnny
February 17, 2013, 10:27 PM
disassembly can not get any simpler.

Well, actually it can. I have Glocks, Berettas, 1911s, XDs, Sigs, etc. None of them are as easy to take down as the Beretta 92FS. It's the only gun that I can disassemble and reassemble 1-handed. You just push the takedown button on the right side of the frame, while swinging the takedown lever down on the left. The gun can be in battery or not. No pulling the slide back necessary. No trigger pull necessary.

All other semi-automatics I've ever owned or shot take 2 hands, and a few more steps than the Beretta to take apart - including the Glock.

Warp
February 17, 2013, 11:29 PM
Well, actually it can. I have Glocks, Berettas, 1911s, XDs, Sigs, etc. None of them are as easy to take down as the Beretta 92FS. It's the only gun that I can disassemble and reassemble 1-handed. You just push the takedown button on the right side of the frame, while swinging the takedown lever down on the left. The gun can be in battery or not. No pulling the slide back necessary. No trigger pull necessary.

All other semi-automatics I've ever owned or shot take 2 hands, and a few more steps than the Beretta to take apart - including the Glock.

That is easy.

But Glocks extremely easy to disassemble, especially just for field stripping. Yes, you need to pull the trigger if it is 'cocked'. You don't really have to pull the slide back though, just a little tiny bit of pressure relief and maybe a tenth of an inch of travel, if not less, will do it.

I'm sure there are others that are easier to take down, but that certainly doesn't make it difficult to disassemble a Glock. Anybody who thinks otherwise is obviously extraordinarily bias towards or inexperienced with Glocks. JMO

I would say the same thing if anybody claimed an AR15 was hard to field strip.

el Godfather
February 18, 2013, 12:01 AM
Try comparing removing the barrel-associated parts disassembly. FS is little tricky to remove the block. Glock doesnt have it. Simple.

B!ngo
February 18, 2013, 12:39 AM
Nice list, nice post. There are few there that I really 'love', but hard to find one that I just don't like. The Beretta 92 finally hit the dirt. I know it's a great, ruggedly dependable and increasingly historic piece. But it just has never 'done it' for me. To show all work, I'm a huge 9mm fan, being convinced that with modern cartridge design there's no need to carry any 'bigger hitting' rounds with the commensurate trade in magazine capacity. And the 92 is a solid remarkable sidearm. Few ever complain about it reliability.
But all that considered, it is just such a plain and boring machine. One that many, same as I, finds it to be rather low on their top-of-anything list.
BTW, as a left-hander I really find the design of the Sig totally unusable to be with it being designed to be well-managed by the other 90% of the market. But as much as I'd like to vote it off of the firearms island, I have too much respect for the poise, construction and durability of it to let it go.
Thx,
B

el Godfather
February 18, 2013, 12:53 AM
B!ngo
I am ambidextrous and can understand the Sig Sauer issue. However, if I was simply left handed I would have skipped the Sig Sauer and sent it off the island, and retained the beretta instead- unless we are talking Sig Sauer 1911 with ambi safty, but that would have very tough time measuring up to Danny Boy on the list.

February 18, 2013, 12:15 PM
I was amazed by the above negative comment about the H&K factory service: "Think about Factory Service". I don't have to "think" about it, I've got actual experience. It was fast, exactly what I wanted, and done at a good price too. What's not to like? I had the operating lever on my USPc replaced with the ambidextrous one. No problems since then with the work either, and it's been awhile.

900F

Same here. Every time I've dealt with HK they've done me right and been awfully nice about it, too. If anything, it (the customer service) would be the reason that I'd buy another and is why I already have six of them.

Fishbed77
February 18, 2013, 01:35 PM
I find it strange that so many folks have voted for the Walther P99. (Hint - It's a better pistol than the Glock 19 or Beretta 92, and at least the equal of the HK P30).

I guess not as many folks have experience with it to know what they are missing.

mnhntr
February 18, 2013, 02:31 PM
never cared for any of the Berettas

Greg528iT
February 18, 2013, 02:57 PM
Watching "The Walking Dead" they did a close up of the front of a glock 19, and my wife asked. "why is that gun so square and ugly"

el Godfather
February 18, 2013, 03:50 PM
Very very rare to see that Glock loses in a poll. I gues Glocksters could not manage the inverse poll, and may be (just may be) some anti Glock boys have voted it out out sheer dislike. I guess that is how one would vote in poll any way.

SwampWolf
February 18, 2013, 05:24 PM
No Glocks for me; I can't stand the trigger. But then (for general self-defense use), I much prefer traditional da triggers; a configuration many other shooters detest. For target (Bullseye) competition, only a fine sa trigger will do for me; not something the Glock trigger is meant for.

meanmrmustard
February 18, 2013, 06:21 PM
That is easy.

But Glocks extremely easy to disassemble, especially just for field stripping. Yes, you need to pull the trigger if it is 'cocked'. You don't really have to pull the slide back though, just a little tiny bit of pressure relief and maybe a tenth of an inch of travel, if not less, will do it.

I'm sure there are others that are easier to take down, but that certainly doesn't make it difficult to disassemble a Glock. Anybody who thinks otherwise is obviously extraordinarily bias towards or inexperienced with Glocks. JMO

I would say the same thing if anybody claimed an AR15 was hard to field strip.
Agreed.

Matter of fact, if you use the top of a boot to pull the slide back a bit, you can disassemble a Glock one handed.

Why would you do this? I don't know, but if you have a wounded arm and need to gain access to the gun...easy peasy.

el Godfather
February 19, 2013, 03:06 AM
In a straight popularity poll i doubt Sig Sauer would out vote Glock, but in this sort of poll it is evident that very few people willing to let go of Sig Sauer 226 Elite.

Chris-bob
February 19, 2013, 03:21 AM
I hate the Glock. Just don't like them.

2ndamd
February 19, 2013, 04:06 AM
Suprised by results
HK hates you.
So, i hate them back.
Over priced imho.

el Godfather
February 19, 2013, 04:35 AM
Why does this impression prevails that H&K hates you??

kozak6
February 19, 2013, 05:59 AM
Glock ergonomics don't work for me. They don't fit my hands.

And if I ever had a change of heart (or hands), it would be the easiest on the list to replace.

Even despite the ban panic, the local shops are still drowning in Glocks.

Tophernj
February 19, 2013, 08:33 AM
I voted out the Beretta. H&K, Dan Wesson V-Bob... Who wouldn't want one? The 226 is an amazing gun. Everyone should own a G-19, and now that the Walther comes with a "normal" magazine release why not. The Beretta just doesn't feel great in hand to me. Too bulky all around.

Good luck in your choice.

C

el Godfather
February 19, 2013, 02:22 PM
"Everyone should own Glock 19" a statement I heard from many individuals.

csa77
February 19, 2013, 03:50 PM
the vbob. a bobbed 1911 is even uglier then the glock.

LawScholar
February 19, 2013, 03:56 PM
I find it strange that so many folks have voted for the Walther P99. (Hint - It's a better pistol than the Glock 19 or Beretta 92, and at least the equal of the HK P30).

I guess not as many folks have experience with it to know what they are missing.

The P99 is a solid, proven pistol. It is not, however, objectively a "better pistol" than the 92FS or G19.

TX Plinker
February 19, 2013, 04:10 PM
I voted for the first... -Puts flame suit on.-

meanmrmustard
February 19, 2013, 06:21 PM
I tend to agree with that.

HKGuns
February 19, 2013, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't take an HK. Parts are too hard to find, fairly pricey. Been there, don't that. I had to wait forever for night sights for my P30's.

Funny, I've called HK exactly once for something I needed and it took around a week for them to ship it to me free of charge. This HK CS BS is just that....BS.

Why does this impression prevails that H&K hates you??

You know the answer to that...."He read it on the internet"......

CZguy
February 19, 2013, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by el Godfather

I tend to agree with that.

There are five or six of us who prefer a Steyr M9 over the Glock 19. :D

el Godfather
February 20, 2013, 12:11 AM
HKGUNs
I had a feeling that its mostly a bs, however, i have had not dealt with them.

meanmrmustard
February 20, 2013, 07:46 AM
There are five or six of us who prefer a Steyr M9 over the Glock 19. :D
Not me.

Hate the trigger, not fond of the sights, and the parts availability for Glock keep me away.

el Godfather
February 20, 2013, 12:22 PM
I find parts and accessories availability for M9 and P99 scarce.

The_Armed_Therapist
February 20, 2013, 01:38 PM
I voted out the Dan Wesson because it would fetch the most $$ to use for other things. My second choice would be the P99. With the HK, the Sig, the Glock, and even the Beretta, there is some redundancy, and the P99 is my least favorite.

MasterSergeantA
February 20, 2013, 02:05 PM
I have all but the HK. The VBob is my favourite, but that is probably because I have carried some variant or another of the 1911 for a little over 45 years. I voted out the Beretta for many of the reasons listed above. On the other hand (where there are also five fingers) I like the Taurus PT-92 because of the differences between it and the 92FS.

el Godfather
February 20, 2013, 03:40 PM
^main difference slide v frame mounted safety.

Fishbed77
February 20, 2013, 03:51 PM
The P99 is a solid, proven pistol. It is not, however, objectively a "better pistol" than the 92FS or G19.

Better ergonomics, better trigger, better fit & finish, ability to comsume almost any ammo (including lead), and no problems popping up with generational changes, compared to the Glock.

Lighter weight, better trigger, arguably more reliable, and no "backward" slide-mounted safety/decocker, compared to the 92FS.

Yep - it all adds up. The P99 is a better pistol than the G19 or 92FS! ;)

Archie
February 20, 2013, 04:05 PM
None of the above.

None of them appeal to me, but for different reasons.

I'm rather ambivalent about poly framed pistols. I don't 'hate' them, but don't particularly care for them, either. Nor do I like the controls on any of the pistols named. The Beretta and SIG in question have grips too large for my hands (especially firing one handed) and I have no desire for a full sized 9x19 chambered handgun.

I don't know if that adds anything to the database, but there it is.

el Godfather
February 21, 2013, 03:20 PM
I think i rather see generational changes than completely new design that I may or may not like. With generational change the main concept remains static and improvements are made.

alienbogey
February 22, 2013, 01:43 AM
I was glad to see a Glock on the list so I could vote it out.

Don't like 'em. Never have, never will.

el Godfather
February 22, 2013, 05:36 AM
As poll is nearing its conclusion, Sig and HK seem to have taken the day. Glock to surprise has been voted out.

Was it a chance for anti Glock to hit the poll or is there something about the rest of the pistols in the list that truly out class Glock? A question remains to be discussed.

ExTank
February 22, 2013, 03:12 PM
Are you going to put up another poll with the "winners" from this one? Narrow it down some?

el Godfather
February 22, 2013, 05:04 PM
^Extank
How is that possible?

ExTank
February 22, 2013, 07:41 PM
Well, Glock got voted out. So you put up a poll with the other 5 and see what happens.

FireInCairo
February 22, 2013, 10:36 PM
Glock 19's are not comfortable in my hands at all.

el Godfather
February 23, 2013, 04:36 PM
Your are not confirtable with Glock 19 in your or did i read it correctly that Glock does not feel comfortable. Lolz

1 old 0311-1
February 23, 2013, 07:03 PM
Glock's time has come and gone.

el Godfather
February 24, 2013, 03:41 PM
The Beretta 92 seems like an oversized pistol for 9mm. Too bad they dont have 45 in it.

el Godfather
February 25, 2013, 05:29 PM
Poll at it near conclusion and it seems like most active voters have voted out Glock; whereas sig 226 and P30 are the top two choices respectively. I doubt there are much folks left who could change this result.

KenW.
February 25, 2013, 06:03 PM
None of them fit into my accumulation plans................................:evil:

GI_Jared
February 25, 2013, 08:34 PM
I wouldn't buy a Sig Elite series. The short reset trigger is sweet, but the quality of the American made Sigs is not that great. I would try to find a German made 226 and then get the short reset trigger installed in it.

45bthompson
February 25, 2013, 08:44 PM
Hk hates me

el Godfather
February 27, 2013, 12:55 PM
At last the poll conlcuded with Sig Sauer as clear winner. With extremely good showing by H&K P30 as runner up.

Sig Sauer 226 Elite 23 4.82%
H&K P30 44 9.22%
Dan Wesson VBob 76 15.93%
Beretta 92FS 97 20.34%
Walther P99 98 20.55%
Glock 19 139 29.14%

Glock 19 to my surprise is VOTED OUT!

I was was suprised that Vbob lagged behind Sig Sauer and H&K, when it was the only 1911 on the list.

lawboy
February 28, 2013, 01:51 AM
What ColtPythonElite said in post #10.

CZguy
February 28, 2013, 02:54 AM
For your viewing convenience Post #10

I will pass on them all.

If you enjoyed reading about "Which one you do NOT want?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!