Need to find a hog hunting spot near DFW

PDA

griff383
February 13, 2013, 07:31 PM
I have been trying since we moved to DFW a few years ago to get out and do some real hog hunting. I have been out a few times but its been on land that doesn't see much hog action so we were mostly knocking coons and other critters off the feeders. Now my father in law is coming next week and I would like nothing more than to get him out and have him get a hog. He is a very avid (and safe) hunter in Minnesota so making an opportunity for him here would be awesome.

I have seen some people charging an arm and leg to be allowed on their land, I have no problem paying someone for the use of their land but not sure that I am on board with some of their pricing models. I understand that a land owner has alot to protect and some use high prices to keep the rif raff out. If someone owns land or has a contact I would really appreciate help making this happen. Any information anyone can share would be greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need to find a hog hunting spot near DFW" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
adelbridge
February 14, 2013, 02:28 PM
going rate in south texas is about $100-$200 per day/night hunt. The cost of fuel and corn does add up not to mention time. I have done a lot of day leases and the guys that charge $100 per hunt tend to break even and use the proceeds to pay down their own hunting costs. I have had good luck using local classifieds and craigslist to find day hunts. Check out Texashuntingforum.com for ideas as well.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need to find a hog hunting spot near DFW" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!