MO Bullet IDPA #4-XD

PDA

birdshooter
February 13, 2013, 09:19 PM
Has anyone used this bullet in their 625 for IDPA? It looks like they would slide in the chambers pretty well during reloads. What load do you like to meet power factor requirements?

I've shot a ton of MBC bullets and these caught my eye. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

If you enjoyed reading about "MO Bullet IDPA #4-XD" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dickttx
February 14, 2013, 03:26 PM
I don't shoot for anything but plinking but the Cowboy #4 is the same bullet at BNH 12. It is shown as a 45 Colt bullet. It is the only thing I use in my 45 ACP's. I have also shot them in my 45 Colt Blackhawk. Very nice bullet. Never any feeding problems. And loaded, it looks mean.:D

birdshooter
February 14, 2013, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the reply. I will pick some up and give them a try.

ljnowell
February 14, 2013, 04:57 PM
I have shot nearly all of the MoBullet lineup except that one. I did, however, buy some of those just this week to load for my wifes XD45. Its a nice looking bullet for sure. Its also got a nifty crimp groove, so I may stock up big time and use them in my 45 colt too.

I wonder how much 2400 I could cram under one of those in my blackhawk?

dickttx
February 14, 2013, 05:13 PM
I seat them to where you can BARELY see the top of the crimp groove--about 1.195--with 5.0 or 5.3gn of HP38. Shoot very well in my ACP's and very accurate. I went a little higher on the charge starting out but they seemed to scatter a little bit, so I came back to 5.0 or 5.3gn.

If you enjoyed reading about "MO Bullet IDPA #4-XD" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!