Shoulder Holster

PDA

zhd
February 14, 2013, 01:22 AM
Looking for a good comfortable shoulder holster. Never had one so what is good, what is junk? Price is not a factor as I will pay for quality and comfort. For Sig P226 and P239 or G17

If you enjoyed reading about "Shoulder Holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Water-Man
February 14, 2013, 02:17 AM
Galco Miami Classic.

sourdough44
February 14, 2013, 03:33 AM
Check out the 'Air Marshal 3' holster, maybe a bit different.

JTQ
February 14, 2013, 09:19 AM
You won't be able to use the same holster for all three of those pistols.

Alessi http://www.alessigunholsters.com/shoulder-holsters/

Andrews "Monarch" http://www.andrewsleather.com/traditional.htm

High Noon http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Belt_Holsters/Inside_The_Waistband/Magazine_Carriers/Pocket_Holsters/shoulder_rigs.html

Mitch Rosen http://www.mitchrosen.com/product_line/product_line.html

As with most things in life, you get what you pay for.

SharpsDressedMan
February 14, 2013, 11:18 PM
Alessi. You won't even need to fool with a retention strap with the SIG's....just draw! The Glock Alessi has a different retention, due to it's trigger and triggerguard design.

bill3424
February 16, 2013, 12:28 AM
I love my Del Fatti. I don't know if he's taking orders, but it's super nice.

CZ223
February 16, 2013, 07:26 AM
That is sold by Dillon. Mine is for my 1911's but I am going to get one for my Glocks. It is pretty comfortable adn, at $150, I doubt it can be beat. I had a Galco rig years ago and did not like it. Also, Desantis makes the New York under cover which has wide shoulder straps that look very comfortable for $170.

mtrmn
February 19, 2013, 09:28 PM
Once you use an Alessi with the pull-through retention system you'll never want any other kind.....worth every penny.

welshdude
February 27, 2013, 11:36 PM
Hard to go wrong w/t suggested Galco Miami classic.

www.barsonyholstersandbelts.com has leather SHs for under 100.00. Mine is a nylon vertical RHD as I CC on my bicycle and the horizontal holster is at a bad angle if I ever have to draw while moving. It works well for winter riding, but the imprint is just too big for mild weather.

There is a T-shirt made w/a padded holster/strap for about 30.00. One can purchase it in sleeved or sleeveless. Saw it on youtube. Fits under a loose shirt.

Billy Shears
February 28, 2013, 12:28 AM
Before you spend your coin, I suggest going to your local gun shop and seeing if they will let you try a couple on. They tend to be more expensive than belt holsters, and it would be a real shame to spend the money and find you can't conceal well with it. I can't use horizontal rigs for anything but compact guns. I am average size (5'9" and 165-170lbs), not small, but I still find that any gun with a 4" bbl or longer will not conceal well in a horizontal rig. The muzzle prints through at the back of my jacket. I can use vertical rigs though. This is the sort of thing you'd want to find out before spending your money.

bill3424
February 28, 2013, 11:49 AM
I'd make sure a shoulder holster is what you need. They do have their place, but also have their cons as well.

Alessi, Galco, Del Fatti are some really good options.

45Fan
March 3, 2013, 01:52 PM
I have a Galco Jackass rig for my 1911. It isnt a bad setup, though I wish the straps were a bit wider over my shoulders.
The one thing I would suggest before buying a shoulder rig, make sure its something that you will use. I thought is would be the best method to carry a bigger gun, but have found that I tend to favor IWB carry with a good holster and belt, even for my full size 1911. The shoulder rig tends to get left in the closet, until hunting season, or occasionally when I am on my motorcycle.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shoulder Holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!