Ohio AWB proposal?

PDA

Mr.454
February 15, 2013, 05:41 PM
I have been hopeful that no one would bring up the idea of an AWB in Ohio but here she is. Not the best public speaker I have ever heard hopefully her lack of eloquence keeps her from being taken seriously. It's only a place holder bill so far but I don't care it ticks me off just the same.

http://www.ohiosenate.gov/smith/press/senator-smith-introduces-legislation-to-protect-ohioans

If you enjoyed reading about "Ohio AWB proposal?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MachIVshooter
February 15, 2013, 06:12 PM
oops. wrong thread

lpsharp88
February 15, 2013, 06:13 PM
I thought we'd be safe in Ohio, but apparently not. How did she come up with 9 round mag limit?

akv3g4n
February 15, 2013, 06:35 PM
She has been very vocal ever since the Newtown shooting. I don't think it has a chance but stay vigilant.

I'd imagine the 9 round limit is to try to ban all double stack semi autos.

glove
February 15, 2013, 07:21 PM
Well when its time to vote make it count. We need change vote them out.:)

rtroha
February 15, 2013, 07:33 PM
All the sponsors of this bill are urban Democrats in safe districts. They can never be voted out.

Luckily, the Ohio General Assembly is controlled by the Republicans and this bill will never see a floor vote.

danoam
February 16, 2013, 08:02 AM
While we can't ignore this piece of legislation, I don't think it stands a snowball's chance of passing. If I recall, I believe Governor Kasich said he would not sign any legislation that infringes on the second amendment.

SharpsDressedMan
February 16, 2013, 08:11 AM
I'm, not in her district, but I sent her a three page letter detailing what the 2nd amendment is REALLY for, and that elected people and bureaucrats that apparently do not understand (or want to undermine) the Constitution, and/or are just power hungry, would be the only ones interested in such an infringement, etc. Thanks to many who post on THR, I borrowed a lot of ideas and language, and thought that it was very sound. Not that she will waffle, but any time a glimpse at the truth of the matter is presented, it plants a seed in one's head. May never grow very much, but it might weaken her resolve a bit.

miles1
February 16, 2013, 08:31 AM
It has %0 chance of passing.Not worried about it or her.She is a obamaholic since her election to office and this bill won't get far.

Our govenor is pro 2A and has stayed firm on supporting gun advocates.

Deanimator
February 16, 2013, 11:20 AM
An AWB has about as much chance in Ohio as a lucid thought has in Joe Biden's head.

D.O.A.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ohio AWB proposal?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!