Impeach the Governor of NY

PDA

HKGuns
February 15, 2013, 10:23 PM
CLick (http://impeachandrewcuomo.com/)

New York residents, if you haven't signed this petition yet for your treasonous Governor you should do so ASAP.

I'm not sure how many signatures it takes, but there are only 22,000 right now and I'd think with a population as large as that State there would be a huge number more based on his assault on your 2nd amendment.

I've not seen this posted yet, but given what has already happened in NY I would think there would be a lot more in the news than there is in NY. I'm not a resident or I would have signed already.

If you enjoyed reading about "Impeach the Governor of NY" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joeschmoe
February 15, 2013, 11:00 PM
CLick (http://impeachandrewcuomo.com/)

New York residents, if you haven't signed this petition yet for your treasonous Governor you should do so ASAP.

I'm not sure how many signatures it takes, None. There is no such method of removing a governor with online petitions. Internet fantasy. but there are only 22,000 right now and I'd think with a population as large as that State there would be a huge number more based on his assault on your 2nd amendment.

I've not seen this posted yet, but given what has already happened in NY I would think there would be a lot more in the news than there is in NY. I'm not a resident or I would have signed already.

The residents of NY voted for him and they got what they deserved. Every NY'er should be ashamed. (I was born in NYC).

Don't like it? Then vote. Online petitions mean nothing.

HKGuns
February 16, 2013, 10:02 AM
Well aren't you a ray of sunshine. I find it difficult to believe NY has no way to remove a Governor from office, thanks for your input.

xXxplosive
February 16, 2013, 10:04 AM
I like the idea.....Cuomo and others like him need to go if this is ever going to be set right.....IMO.

Billy Shears
February 16, 2013, 10:30 AM
Well aren't you a ray of sunshine. I find it difficult to believe NY has no way to remove a Governor from office, thanks for your input.
You are right to find it difficult to believe; there is a way: impeachment. It's been done once, to William Sulzer in 1913.

Now unfortunately, you first have to make a case that Cuomo as committed an actual crime, as defined by statute (Sulzer's was perjury and fraud), which it seems highly unlikely anyone will be able to do. Then, you will have to get the legislature -- the same legislature that actually passed this ridiculous bill by a large margin -- to vote to impeach him. Something tells me that's not ever going to happen.

So while there is a mechanism in place for removing a governor of New York, it's not one you are going to be able to make work for you in this case. I'm afraid Cuomo's going to be in office until he loses an election.

Sav .250
February 16, 2013, 10:44 AM
You don` live there but your beating the drum for impeachment. He did the politicial correct thing at the time. When his time comes ,he`ll get an up or down vote on his actions.
Kind of reminds me of the old westerns. Where a guy is leading the towns people in a lynch mob, yelling "lets lynch him." Then says, I didn`t bring a rope . Did anybody else bring one?

hso
February 16, 2013, 11:17 AM
Billy Shears is correct, there is a formal impeachment process in NY that could be used to remove Governor Cuomo IF he'd committed a crime covered under the law.

Mr. Riess has created the impeachgovernorcuomo site to focus attention on the opposition to the actions by the Governor and NY Legislature. It doesn't actually serve as any part of the impeachment process, but it is a way to focus real interest in opposing the draconian law rushed through the House and Senate.

Well aren't you a ray of sunshine.

BTW, shining a light on mistaken ideas is a ray of sunshine and is to be praised.

We already have a thread on NY running and there's no point to this one running parallel to it, but I'll add the info on the Riess site to it. http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=693199

If you enjoyed reading about "Impeach the Governor of NY" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!