Dilemmas, Dilemmas - 1911s

PDA

PokeyOkie
February 16, 2013, 06:37 PM
I was all set to buy a Cimarron Firearms High Luster 1911 because I have alwasy liked the looks of the original 1911s and then I spot the original Colt 1911A1s that Sarco has from Argentina. I have a 1991A1, and 1943 Ithaca and a Norinco. So I'm trying to chose since I only have permission for one. Has anyone seen the Sarco 1911s? Are they garbage or diamonds in the rough (something I have a soft spot for).

If you enjoyed reading about "Dilemmas, Dilemmas - 1911s" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Coyote3855
February 16, 2013, 08:00 PM
Haven't seen the Sarcos, but if I had $500 around I would prefer the original Colt to a Cimarron replica.

Oro
February 16, 2013, 09:29 PM
I saw a post from someone (another site) that bought three or four of them. He was very disappointed in the condition. The photos I've seen of them look VERY rough. I own one of them, but imported 20 years ago or so and I do enjoy it very much. But I think the Sarco ones currently on offer are not a value.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dilemmas, Dilemmas - 1911s" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!