Old Buck General

PDA

red rick
February 17, 2013, 10:36 AM
I picked up this old Buck 120 yesterday for a song. I already have a newer one but I couldn't pass up a deal. I think it was made around 1983 and shows very little use. The man I bought it from said he never used a stone on it, but did use a steel once. It has a few slight scratches on the blade and at the top of the handle and the case has a few scratches on it, but I think that it is in VGC for 30 years.

If you enjoyed reading about "Old Buck General" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JimStC
February 17, 2013, 11:32 AM
Nice looking knife. Great condition.
Thanks for the pictures

Jim

Gordon
February 17, 2013, 12:55 PM
Very nice knives BUT careful with the tip, I've seen more than a few broken off prolly from abuse.

oldbear
February 18, 2013, 08:44 PM
red rick, nice get. At one time wasn't that model called the "River Bowie"?

rcmodel
February 18, 2013, 09:29 PM
Always called the "Buck 120 General" for as long as I have been aware of them being made.

rc

VA27
February 18, 2013, 10:55 PM
I have a soft spot for the General. I sold my first one in a fit of madness, but managed to pick up a replacement in a pawn shop for 40 bux.

Geddinight
February 19, 2013, 11:27 AM
That is a nice General. It's too bad Buck stopped making them. They are a fine knife. Congratulations on getting it for a song.

If you enjoyed reading about "Old Buck General" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!