Should I buy it?

PDA

alfon99
February 18, 2013, 10:27 AM
Hey, there's a friend of mine, that is asking 500$ for a m3 grease gun. Here in my country they are legal, there is no tax or any kind of fine to own submachine guns. I think it is too cheap, I don't know if my friend is crazy or something, but he shooted it in his backyard to show us how it works.
What do you think?

If you enjoyed reading about "Should I buy it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Landric
February 18, 2013, 10:52 AM
In the US a transferable grease gun is a $18k+ item. I would absolutely buy one for $500 that was legal. Jump on it, the grease gun is simple and crude, but they work. Basically the US answer to the British STEN.

12Bravo20
February 18, 2013, 10:57 AM
I was issued a M3 while in the US Army. Definitely nothing fancy but they work. I don't know what the going rate is in Uruguay is for one so can't help on that. I would love to own one myself.

AlexanderA
February 18, 2013, 03:15 PM
Buy it. See if you can find a wire stock from an M3A1, so that you don't have to carry around a separate magazine loading tool.

Shadow 7D
February 18, 2013, 03:23 PM
other than being expensive to feed (remember it can eat 500 in ammo in less than an hour)
what's not to like
it came from a time when they needed CHEAP, quick reliable weapons
compared to the time and COST of a Tommy (M28) a M3 was basic plumbing pipe, stamped parts...)

rondog
February 18, 2013, 03:28 PM
Didn't they also have a slightly slower cycle rate than the Thompson, helping with accuracy and ammo conservation? Seems like I read that or saw it on TV.....

Prince Yamato
February 18, 2013, 06:56 PM
Get it!

alfon99
February 18, 2013, 07:26 PM
Ok, so I guess I'll buy it. Pics when I get it. Thanks for the answers!

dogrunner
February 18, 2013, 09:41 PM
Cyclic is about 450.............buddy has one & honestly, one could easily shoot a semi of different design faster..........Downside is that single position feed mag.....wear your thumb out topping it up. Friend's piece is actually surprisingly accurate even with that heavy long bolt travel. Utterly reliable tho.

Sounds like your country has some sane gun laws, tell us about 'em!

Y'know, I recall finding an M/3A1 when I was stationed in Alaska........thing had been flattened by an M60 during a winter maneuver.......had a most interesting configuration, kinda like an oddly drawn letter "U". Wish I'd kept the thing!

bill3424
February 18, 2013, 10:15 PM
Yes, buy it!

medalguy
February 19, 2013, 01:21 AM
Buy it and we'll all come down and help you eat up some ammo. :D

Mp7
February 19, 2013, 07:13 AM
It`s the finely crafted american version
of the Heckler & Kock Mp5 ... of that era :-)

(With your laws i`d get a MP5K.)

Dr. Sandman
February 19, 2013, 10:38 AM
yes. Yes. YES!

If you enjoyed reading about "Should I buy it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!