nbcnews.com reports successful defensive use?

PDA

Akita1
February 19, 2013, 01:17 PM
Had to see it for myself to believe it, and it was SECOND on the list of "Other Top Stories" behind the Pistorius hearing at 12:15PM EST at nbcnews.com (the first was a suspected SARS-like virus death in the UK):

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/19/17017235-homeowner-shoots-kills-intruder-climbing-through-window?lite

NBC (yes, that NBC) actually reported a story of a successful defense of home with a firearm. Of course it's up to a grand jury but this being TX I'm feeling good about the homeowner's chances.

Hope it was an AR!

If you enjoyed reading about "nbcnews.com reports successful defensive use?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
chris in va
February 19, 2013, 06:47 PM
"Yeah, it's something he would do ... Somebody called me and said my son got shot. That's the reason I'm standing here," said Catherine Pipkins. .

Clearly expecting this to happen at some point.

Deus Machina
February 19, 2013, 06:54 PM
I think the newsworthy part of this, as far as NBC is concerned, is that this is the first time ever that a mother said anything other than "he was a straight-a student turning his life around and had to walk on top of water to even get on the property."

radar1972
February 19, 2013, 06:56 PM
How about that? The mother saying, "Yeah, that's something he would do..." is at the other end of the spectrum of responses we usually see when a son is killed or maimed in the commission of a crime. Typical response is "But he is such a GOOD boy!"

somerandomguy
February 19, 2013, 07:15 PM
I don't believe it...they were hacked. No other explanation...

c4v3man
February 19, 2013, 07:21 PM
Posting stories to the website that quickly gets buried allows them to dismiss claims that they are biased, even though such stories will never see the nightly news broadcast.

Akita1
February 20, 2013, 04:10 PM
Posting stories to the website that quickly gets buried allows them to dismiss claims that they are biased, even though such stories will never see the nightly news broadcast.
agreed C4; at least it's a glimmer of hope…if nothing else.

If you enjoyed reading about "nbcnews.com reports successful defensive use?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!