Mossberg 930 Tube extension

PDA

Armchair Warrior
February 19, 2013, 04:42 PM
I bought a Mossberg 930 with a 18 in barrel and a 4+1 magazine tube. I would like to put a longer tube on it without being longer than the barrel. I was also thinking I would like a bracket to support the 2 tubes and possibly have a sling coupler. What are my best reliable choices? Any ideas?
Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg 930 Tube extension" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
EBK
February 19, 2013, 05:33 PM
This interests me as well, I just bought a 590A1 18.5 and would like a flush tube extenstion.

Not sure if I need the +1 or +2 extension

oneounceload
February 19, 2013, 06:24 PM
I was also thinking I would like a bracket to support the 2 tubes and possibly have a sling coupler.

Might try here:

http://www.cdmgear.com/product.html

C0untZer0
February 19, 2013, 07:31 PM
Everything that you want toknow about modifying a 930 can be found on the MossbergOwner's Forum

http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewforum.php?f=14&sid=7c010908cc931399c68afdae8f8e1e54

Hunterdad
February 20, 2013, 06:22 AM
Get a Nordic +2 extension and one if their mag clamps.

Red Sky
February 20, 2013, 11:19 AM
I would recommend Nordic as well, the price is worth it. I'm not sure if you can fit a +3 or not, but a +2 will certainly work as mentioned. You might get the +3 on there if you want it. It may stick out just slightly, but there's no harm in it aside from looks.

You can get the clamp as well if you want, but from my experience it's not necessary. I put a +4 extension on my Auto-5, where I cannot use a clamp due to recoiling barrel, and it took all of 10 minutes to install including the grinding I had to do (you won't) and has worked flawlessly since. Good product and well worth the extra money.

Armchair Warrior
February 21, 2013, 09:02 PM
Do i need a different spring?

breakingcontact
February 21, 2013, 11:01 PM
The Nordic extensions are vastly better than the Choate.

+1 on the mossbergowners forum

Red Sky
February 21, 2013, 11:31 PM
Do i need a different spring?
The Nordic ones come with the spring and instructions on trimming it to proper length. Not sure about the other manufacturers, but you should be able to ask them. If going with the Nordic option, be sure to buy the package/kit, not just the tube - that way you get the spring as well. Retail on the kits is around $75-80. Note also that if you want it quickly you might try ordering from Midway or another retailer. Nordic is a good company but they are swamped right now, took them a couple weeks to get it shipped to me.

Armchair Warrior
February 22, 2013, 04:54 PM
Thanks folks.
It looks like Nordic it is.

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg 930 Tube extension" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!