Joe Biden on home defense ...

PDA

ID-shooting
February 19, 2013, 09:00 PM
Just saw on Biden NBC news. Did he really just tell me to discharge a gun in city limits to scare criminals away?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/02/19/biden-double-barrel-shotgun/1931223/

If you enjoyed reading about "Joe Biden on home defense ..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KTXdm9
February 19, 2013, 09:01 PM
Biden takes the cake for dumbest politician award.

mjkten
February 19, 2013, 09:06 PM
He does say the darndest things...there was a tv show of that name years ago where young children were featured saying cute and precocious things. But Joe Biden is a grown up, sort of, and should know better. I don't think he ever will. He is an idiot, and is surrounded by idiot enablers. According to the lame stream media, he is probably the best...vice...president...ever! (rant over)

jerkface11
February 19, 2013, 09:07 PM
They'll run him for president in 2016. And with our luck the GOP will run Chris Christie.

JFrame
February 19, 2013, 09:11 PM
They'll run him for president in 2016. And with our luck the GOP will run Chris Christie.

The way Chris has been going, I'm wondering if he'll challenge Biden and Hillary for the Democrat ticket.

Queen_of_Thunder
February 19, 2013, 09:11 PM
Yes that is what he said. During his statement I was thinking about how a 110 pound woman reacts to the recoil of a 12gauge and how much easier it is to use an AR instead of a shotgun.

BemidjiDweller
February 19, 2013, 09:12 PM
All of those items he listed as "you cannot buy" (besides the "F-15", I don't know if you can) you can buy.

SleazyRider
February 19, 2013, 09:12 PM
Turned on the news just a short while ago and picked up a few pointers on home defense offered by none other than Joe Biden hisself. “If you want to protect yourself get a double barreled shotgun,” Biden said, as he related advice he once gave to his wife Jill, as their home in Delaware was in a secluded area. “Jill, if there is ever a problem, walk out on the balcony, flick that double-barreled shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house. I promise you, whoever is coming in is not going to.”

I'm not quite sure how to take this advice, him being the Vice President and all, but it seems to me that firing two shots (presumably in the air) from a double-barrel shotgun kind of leaves one with their pants down, and flys in the face of many of the common sense strategies we've discussed here on THR.

What say you?

plodder
February 19, 2013, 09:17 PM
Up until now I have never believed a single statement that ol' plagarist Joe ever said. Even as stupid as this quote is, I still don't believe him.

jamesbeat
February 19, 2013, 09:18 PM
I'll keep my 5+1 pump thanks, and the first shot I'd fire would be at a violent intruder.

Emptying your gun into the air seems, well, indescribably dumb.

Torian
February 19, 2013, 09:19 PM
That idiot will never have to worry about having to defend himself or his family for the rest of his life.

Thank the taxpayer for that one.

Impureclient
February 19, 2013, 09:19 PM
At least some idiot will have a excuse why he fired wildly into the air.

On another note. If I didn't see that video with my own two eyes, I wouldn't have believed a Vice President of the U.S. could be so dense to say something like that.

sleepyone
February 19, 2013, 09:23 PM
For a liberal, that is sound home defense advice. You see, if the person does leave after emptying both barrels, then no one is harmed. If, however, the person(s) do invade your home then you won't have to struggle with the tough decision of whether or not to shoot the poor victims who have been so oppressed by the nasty, white, rich guys that they were forced to break into your home to eat and then rape your wife and children after they have filled their bellies on your food.

Hunter125
Didn't a guy just get arrested for firing warning shots at theives?

breakingcontact
Not only do I not want the government giving me home defense advice, I don't want them giving those less informed who actually listen to Shotgun Joe, BAD home defense advice.

Very upset over this. Don't get me started on the clown reading the question.

This is why the NRA shouldn't and can't give up an inch.

SuperNaut
February 19, 2013, 09:24 PM
I'll bet $100 that what he suggests is illegal in his home state.

JFrame
February 19, 2013, 09:24 PM
Can I take this as an endorsement by the current vice president that, if I ever feel threatened, I should go outside and discharge two shots from one of my 12-gauge shotguns?

Can I get that in writing?

SleazyRider
February 19, 2013, 09:25 PM
On another note. If I didn't see that video with my own two eyes, I wouldn't have believed a Vice President of the U.S. could be so dense to say something like that.
Whew! Glad you saw it too, 'cause I thought for a moment I was in a drunken stupor---and I don't even drink!

ID-shooting
February 19, 2013, 09:26 PM
I'll bet $100 that what he suggests is illegal in his home state.
I bet that it is illegal in almost every state to discharge a firearm in and around occupied dwellings.

ID-shooting
February 19, 2013, 09:27 PM
Can I take this as an endorsement by the current vice president that, if I ever feel threatened, I should go outside and discharge two shots from one of my 12-gauge shotguns?

Can I get that in writing?

I posted the text version lol

SigSour
February 19, 2013, 09:32 PM
I watched this earlier and almost couldn't get by the interviewers voice.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50141354n

Cesiumsponge
February 19, 2013, 09:33 PM
Did he just suggest everyone get a firearm with the capacity of two rounds, then fire both rounds into the air within city limits?

What do you do when they aren't scared off?

ccsniper
February 19, 2013, 09:34 PM
That idiot will never have to worry about having to defend himself or his family for the rest of his life.

Thank the taxpayer for that one.

+1....

FitGunner
February 19, 2013, 09:37 PM
It's sad when the vice president, who is the chair of a committee to reduce gun violence, advocates for the unsafe, irresponsible, and potentially deadly use of a firearm.

JFrame
February 19, 2013, 09:38 PM
I posted the text version lol

...True! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/biggrin.gif

Nickel Plated
February 19, 2013, 09:39 PM
Well firing shots into the air would be fine for Jill. She's the Vice President's wife and all. She's exempt from laws.

22-rimfire
February 19, 2013, 09:39 PM

I probably won't either and I have no secret service.

wyohome
February 19, 2013, 09:40 PM
If I were the burgler, I would not go outside with all that shootin' going on.

TCB in TN
February 19, 2013, 09:41 PM
If a double barrel shotgun is so effective then why does he not have the SS get rid of all of their "assault rifles" and protect he and the President with double barrel shotties?????

He is a complete @ss hat!

blaisenguns
February 19, 2013, 09:41 PM
Biden suggests using a double barrel shotgun to defend yourself. He suggests doing so by firing both rounds into the air.

First: You just disarmed yourself. Try to reload that fast enough, before you are attacked.

Second: You just let loose a pound of lead that may or may not harm someone or destroy property.

Third: I want my AR 15. It is my right, and does a better job of defending me then two rounds discharged into the air.

Fourth. If I fire two warning shots with the AR, I still have 28 more for actually defending myself.

I hate Joe Biden :banghead:

JayBird
February 19, 2013, 09:48 PM
Well shooting into the air first maybe the 'new' thing to do.....that is if you are trying to take out the government drones flying over your head. ;)

TarDevil
February 19, 2013, 09:49 PM
...and all in his typically condescending manner.

Airbrush Artist
February 19, 2013, 09:53 PM
He's a heartbeat away from being president,That my friends is scary...

holdencm9
February 19, 2013, 09:55 PM
Out. Of. Touch.

With reality.

How can a politician--or anyone, really, for that matter--be so dense and condescending all at the same time.

Okiegunner
February 19, 2013, 09:58 PM
Joe,

Please, please, please seek your party's nomination next time around. I (and probably others here) will contribute to your campaign During the primary.

Guys, we could only hope that "Lunch-Bucket" Joe could get the nod. Just how bad would an opponet have to be in order to get beat by Joe? Does the word "buffoon" come to mind?

Since there are a few attorneys here, I'll ask...Since the VP has publicly stated his "firing the shotgun" policy; could someone use the "Biden" defense if arrested for this?? (OK, just joking alright?)

ID-shooting
February 19, 2013, 09:59 PM
What is it with V.P.s and shotguns? Last one I wouldn't go hunting with for a million bucks, this one wants us tossing lead shot all over town, sheesh

Time to rethink not getting a metal roof on the house...

Bianchi?
February 19, 2013, 10:02 PM
All of those items he listed as "you cannot buy" (besides the "F-15", I don't know if you can) you can buy.

I recall seeing an article stating that, provided you have the cash, you can buy an "F-15", but it won't come with armaments.

skeeziks
February 19, 2013, 10:09 PM
Someone needs to physically shove a copy of the Constitution into Bidens hands and demand he show exactly where it states that it allows for the Govt. to "set limits on weaponryfor the public good."

SidRon
February 19, 2013, 10:11 PM
Even if a double barrel shotgun were suitable for home defense it would not be suitable for defense against a tyrannical government or a foreign occupying force and therefore is not suitable for maintaining the security of a free state.

gym
February 19, 2013, 10:13 PM
He really has to be one of the stupidest men I ever heard speak.

miles1
February 19, 2013, 10:13 PM
Halt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or I will shoot my ceiling out!

ApacheCoTodd
February 19, 2013, 10:16 PM
I don't get it. If shotguns are the warm fuzzy teddy bears of the firearms world that they want to portray them as - why do all those restriction to their manufacture, sale, configuration, use and modification exist?

JonnyGringo
February 19, 2013, 10:16 PM
I suppose we should also load said Double with blanks so no one downrange is unintentionally injured.

:banghead:

gym
February 19, 2013, 10:17 PM
Can't they reign him in, he realy makes everthing he gets involved in worse. And that phoney smirk really rubs folks the wrong way, as if he's looking down at everyone, "Oh I forgot, he is".

TarDevil
February 19, 2013, 10:20 PM
I recall seeing an article stating that, provided you have the cash, you can buy an "F-15", but it won't come with armaments.

You in fact cannot.

skeeziks
February 19, 2013, 10:26 PM
Well I know for a fact I can buy a Mig 21...and Arnold owns a Tank.

We can Legally own most of the items Biden mentioned.

JohnM
February 19, 2013, 10:26 PM
Halt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or I will shoot my ceiling out!

ROFLMAO That was funny.

Poor ole Joe, ya gotta wonder.
Do his kids laugh at him too?
:D:D:D:D

Deanimator
February 19, 2013, 10:29 PM
If Joe Biden's got the answer, it must be a REALLY stupid question...

TarDevil
February 19, 2013, 10:37 PM
Well I know for a fact I can buy a Mig 21...and Arnold owns a Tank.

We can Legally own most of the items Biden mentioned.
Yes, you can legally own one, but you cannot go to Northrup or Boeing and buy one. You are welcome to go abroad and buy US military jets (Art Nalls did so with a Harrier, but the US isn't happy with him).

You may also buy other jets that are already civilian owned.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programing...

Akita1
February 19, 2013, 10:43 PM
Hillary Rodhead will smoke 'ole Joe in the primaries. It will be either Jeb, Jersey Santa or Rubio vs. Hillary, IMHO. And perhaps Bloomberg the morality legislator will run as an independent and split the lefty vote!

zorro45
February 19, 2013, 10:54 PM
I would suggest that he and his wife take the NRA Home Protection course so they can take care of themselves within the bounds of the law and common sense when his term runs out and he becomes responsible for his own security. (I also think it is dumb that the President's protection runs out after 10 years, I think it should continue for life. )

bds
February 19, 2013, 10:58 PM
I never imagined I would say this but I am going to start praying good health for the president ... :eek:

I think The Tonight Show/SNL should do an entire episode as to why discharging both chambers of a double barrel shotgun is a bad idea for home defence in various towns/cities across the nation ... from Alaska, Hawaii, LA, Detroit, etc. with different consequences. :D

jamesbeat
February 19, 2013, 11:06 PM
And perhaps Bloomberg the morality legislator will run as an independent and split the lefty vote!

I'm going to bed shortly, and will now have nightmares :(

As a Long Islander, believe me, it's bad enough having him as the King of New York State, let alone the King of America!

htr230
February 19, 2013, 11:14 PM
He's an idiot, as he has proven time and time again.

Ignition Override
February 19, 2013, 11:41 PM
skeeziks:
You might also check into the Let-39 trainer, no pun intended.
Lots of the components were imported in the 90s.

USAF_Vet
February 19, 2013, 11:47 PM
And perhaps Bloomberg the morality legislator will run as an independent and split the lefty vote!

We could only hope. A split vote for the left would give the GOP candidate the White House in a landslide. Imagine if it would have been a 49-51 split in a 2-party system. Now take that 51% lefty vote and split it between two candidates. The GOP vote wouldn't come off that 49% much at all, but now the left wing votes are split between candidates, which might be something closer to 30% and 21%, or whatever the split may be.

Please let Gloom&Doomberg run as a 3rd party.

breakingcontact
February 19, 2013, 11:56 PM
What do you do when they aren't scared off?

Did you not hear sir? It's a double barrel shotgun! Apparently, just having 2 barrels is better than racking a pump even.

Out of touch is the correct answer, plus being disingenuous.

22-rimfire
February 19, 2013, 11:59 PM
Biden has also said that racking the slide on a pump shotgun is a good home defense tactic since the sound is somewhat "universal". I wonder if he realizes there aren't so many double barreled shotguns anymore, their over and under (vs side to side).

JVaughn
February 20, 2013, 12:05 AM
Didn't Joe Pesci do a similar stunt in "My Cousin Vinny?" Only, with a revolver.

barnbwt
February 20, 2013, 12:11 AM
Wait, Biden said this nonsense again?! After the pillorying and mockery the last time he gave self-defense advice!

And I'm sure the double-barrel shotty would serve his wife just fine if three rounds were needed. Granted, there's a good chance she may be as skilled a Fudd as her hubby and be able to reload very fast, but still. Maybe they will settle for what is probably a Purdey she's left holding after missing twice (easily possible at close quarters) and call it a day :uhoh:

Racking a shotgun? Okay, but only so long as it's not a scary looking shotgun with an 8 round tube or pistol grip. I wonder what Joe thinks of the black/rails SxS or lever gun from Mossberg--though I'm sure the Turnbull AR-15 is okay in his book.

These people live (and die) by contradictions, don't they?

TCB

Bartholomew Roberts
February 20, 2013, 12:20 AM
No one’s banning guns,” Biden answered.

Is he really that dense? The commission he chaired recommended banning guns. The President demanded banning guns. Around 30 prominent Senators in his own party are sponsoring a bill to ban guns and the Senate Majority Leader has promised it will get a floor vote! That is the most shameless lie I've ever seen from a politician.

labhound
February 20, 2013, 12:32 AM
Biden is what makes Obama look smart! :banghead:

r1derbike
February 20, 2013, 12:51 AM
L-39s are air conditioned, and make very good trainers. What? Oh, I can't say that. Dasvidaniya.

Uncle Joe seems to belong on old Petticoat Junction shows. Where does he come-up with this stuff? Astounding!

22-rimfire
February 20, 2013, 12:54 AM
This article is actually a bit better than the USA article detailing Joe Biden's receipe for home defense with a double barrel shotgun. The noise will scare away any intruder. Of course, the intruder might just decide that both barrels were empty on the shotgun and it was time to attack.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/19/joe-biden-guns_n_2719330.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-sb-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D272362

danez71
February 20, 2013, 01:17 AM
Joe has been pro double barrel since early this year saying its better than an AW for HD.

Hes just looking out for y'alls best interest.... ;)

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/24/biden-its-harder-to-use-an-assault-weapon-than-a-shotgun/

http://www.nationaljournal.com/biden-buy-a-shotgun-if-you-want-to-feel-safe-20130124

slumlord44
February 20, 2013, 01:19 AM
I saw him on the news this afternoon. Dumbest guy in the world. Illegal in any incorperated area. May be legal where he lives but not so much in Chicago. Makes a lot of sense for a woman to exit a perfectly safe house and go out on an exposed deck, then empty you gun in the air. My first shot would be center mass to the chest. Actualy a shotgun is a fine choice for home protection. Mine is an A5 Browning loaded with #8 birdshot. Deadly at inside the house ranges and not as likely to go through walls. He also rambled about rich guys should not be able to buy fighter jets. You can buy the jet, the armament is another matter. I am thinking that with todays mindset, the AR would actualy be more intimidating than the shotgun. I think either would not be a bad choice. In a home invasion the shotgun may be better. Society collapse I would want the AR, a 1911, and a shotgun.

PapaGrune
February 20, 2013, 01:23 AM
"Jill be careful and not hit your Secret Service Detail" "Shooting will let them know there is trouble" :what:

InkEd
February 20, 2013, 01:27 AM
Joe Bidden is the biggest idiot with NO idea about firearms.

Big_John1961
February 20, 2013, 01:41 AM
Yes, Barry, Joe and all of their political cronies are afforded an armed security force, but they clearly deem our right to defend ourselves and our families with firearms unnecessary. Hypocrisy at its worst.

radar1972
February 20, 2013, 02:04 AM
Considering Biden's track record for goofy remarks, it is painfully obvious that he just makes stuff up on the fly.... a blabber who just can't resist the urge to pontificate.

RetiredUSNChief
February 20, 2013, 02:30 AM
It's sad when the vice president, who is the chair of a committee to reduce gun violence, advocates for the unsafe, irresponsible, and potentially deadly use of a firearm.

What he said.

“If you want to protect yourself get a double barreled shotgun,” Biden said, as he related advice he once gave to his wife Jill, as their home in Delaware was in a secluded area. “Jill, if there is ever a problem, walk out on the balcony, flick that double-barreled shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house. I promise you, whoever is coming in is not going to.”

What say you?

I say Joe Biden must be advocating a one-round limit per barrel for firearms, then. He certainly left out my Remmington 870 pump with this statement. I guess I need to install a magazine plug so I can't load more than one round in the magazine.

Dork.

Deus Machina
February 20, 2013, 03:21 AM
I'm not as big a critique of the current administration as many here, but in this regard...
Let's put it this way: Joe Biden is to Barack Obama as North Korea is to China.

One may be doing something underhanded, but they still get to cover their face when everyone has to ask *** the other was thinking.

tactikel
February 20, 2013, 03:27 AM
Wait, did Joe just instruct his Wife to release a toxic substance, known to cause birth defects, into the environment? At the same time he wants her to add several hundred milliliters of toxic gas to the atmosphere :what:. I hope he catches heck from the EPA, the Sierra Club, and the NY Times. :barf::barf:

Justin
February 20, 2013, 03:30 AM
Let's face it.

A dimwit like Biden is unfit for a job with the responsibilities that come with manning the drive-through window at a Taco Bell.

As a result, it's only fitting that he'd find a lifelong career in politics.

Capt. Blackadder
February 20, 2013, 03:30 AM
Is he really that dense? The commission he chaired recommended banning guns. The President demanded banning guns. Around 30 prominent Senators in his own party are sponsoring a bill to ban guns and the Senate Majority Leader has promised it will get a floor vote! That is the most shameless lie I've ever seen from a politician.

Yeah. The anti-gunners always say that they aren't banning guns and then they go on to try to ban guns. Just look at Senator Feinswine's bill: http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/files/serve/?File_id=9a9270d5-ce4d-49fb-9b2f-69e69f517fb4
They also call their bans "sensible" and "reasonable" when they are about as reasonable as slavery and segregation. To think that my grandfather risked his life fighting oppression and totalitarianism in WWII and Korea, and was sprayed down by high pressure hoses fighting for civil rights for every American only to have the so called "progressives" "progress" our nation into the toilet. :cuss: I don't care if Biden runs in 2016 or not, no one with a D after their name is getting my vote unless they support the ENTIRE Constitution.

Kiln
February 20, 2013, 04:33 AM
Biden is what makes Obama look smart! :banghead:
Exactly. It is like when a moderately attractive woman surrounds herself with absolute dogs. It makes her look like a goddess.

It can also be applied to men, so as not to sound like a sexist pig AKA a Colorado Democrat.

FROGO207
February 20, 2013, 08:40 AM
So what did you all expect. Intelligence???:what:

DeadMoneyDrew
February 20, 2013, 10:29 AM
LOL. Did Biden just say that he told his wife to respond to a threat outside their home by opening the door and going outside? Does that man ever think before he opens his mouth?

Baldman
February 20, 2013, 10:36 AM
I guess we now know what the administration really wants the mag limit to be, 2. What a clown.

22-rimfire
February 20, 2013, 10:43 AM
I thought the same thing... "mag limit" =2. Maybe the double barrel shotgun was a carefully selected firearm brought into this debate by the VP.

floydster
February 20, 2013, 10:57 AM
And this gentlemen is why our country is as screwed up as it is.

Smokeyloads

Trent
February 20, 2013, 11:01 AM
This guy is a supreme moron.

Everything he said was DEAD WRONG.

And this is our "Gun Safety Czar"???

Can't we impeach people for stupidity? He's giving Americans REALLY unsound and REALLY dangerous advice.

c.latrans
February 20, 2013, 11:21 AM
LOL at PapaGrune.

Imagine the scene...1 am in Deleware, Jill standing on the balcony in her house coat, sans makeup and hair, smoke curling out of the muzzles...with the Secret Service in energy drink hyper drive scurrying around below...black SUV's and laser dots flying EVERYWHERE...would not want to be the neighbor that opened my blinds to see what the racket at "Crazy Joe's" place down at the end of the cul-de-sac was about this time!

Carl N. Brown
February 20, 2013, 11:32 AM
Double barrel shotgun--double barrel death dealing machine--easier to use and more effective than even an AR15 with a 30 round magazine. The double barrel shotgun that makes an AR15 look like a fuzzy teddy bear by comparison. If AWs deserve to be banned, how about this more effective killer, the boomstick that scared Deadites back to Hades in Army of Darkness?

VVelox
February 20, 2013, 12:18 PM
I am sorta expecting a follow up on this soon where he tells us bird shot makes a great defense against grizzly bears.

ApacheCoTodd
February 20, 2013, 12:24 PM
This man is #2 in line. Pun intended.:evil:

umadcuzimstylin
February 20, 2013, 12:36 PM
Not only is it wrong that a shotgun is easier to use than an AR-15 but suggesting shooting it into the air is illegal; it's a felony where I live. He thinks we only need two rounds and we should use them as warning shots hoping you scare the bad guys away that have superior guns. That is just insane!

XD 45acp
February 20, 2013, 12:42 PM
The bad part is, Where I live, you set off a shotty in the air, you will get charged with Reckless discharge of a firearm in a residential zone reguardless of whether you was scared or not. Uncle Joe is a dip. Plus, ya'll know as well as me, what goes up.... so, just safety sake you are gonna rain the hell out of somebody or something... And trust me, my neighbors isn't gonna care if Hitler himself was stalking you if you rain their new car with a crapload of shot.

KMatch
February 20, 2013, 12:50 PM
Question1: once your 2 shots are used up, the BG who may be stuck leaving by the only exit which you're now blocking with an empty piece of wall decoration - will he be shooting in the air as well?

Question 2: if firing in the air was affective, why is there such a need for cops to unload into BGs rather than simply firing in the air until the BG submits?

r1derbike
February 20, 2013, 01:35 PM
He's been watching too many rebel victory videos from the middle east.

So. That explains why all the dead birds are falling out of the sky here in AR. Had everyone baffled. Just wish he used birdshot so there was more left to eat.

XD 45acp
February 20, 2013, 01:52 PM
He's been watching too many rebel victory videos from the middle east.

HAHAHAHA, yea, he told Jill to make that Jihad LOLOLOLOLOLO Sound after she shoots !!:neener:

SleazyRider
February 20, 2013, 02:35 PM
LOL. Did Biden just say that he told his wife to respond to a threat outside their home by opening the door and going outside? Does that man ever think before he opens his mouth?
Quite frankly, I don't believe said conversation with Jill really took place. It does not have the ring of truth. I believe Joe invented a parable of sorts, to relate to the common man in a folksy sort of way. Like Jesus, maybe.

He reminds me a lot of my Uncle Frank, about whom my folks cautioned me when we saw him at family picnics and such. "Humor him when he gets like that," they advised, "and let him talk." He was a jolly yet hapless old feller who simply couldn't get anything right.

BBQJOE
February 20, 2013, 02:35 PM
Always make sure when you think there are bad guys outside, to step out on the porch, and make yourself an easier target.

Why can't our government get ANYTHING right?:cuss:

Shanghai McCoy
February 20, 2013, 02:41 PM
If I shot twice into the air off my back porch nobody would care.
It's nice to live in the boondocks...:D

THe Dove
February 20, 2013, 02:48 PM
Thanks Jose'! But there are no double barrel shotguns on the shelves anymore...... Now what do I do?

The Dove

Trent
February 20, 2013, 03:03 PM
If I shot twice into the air off my back porch nobody would care.
It's nice to live in the boondocks...:D

I shot 10 rounds of 9mm off my back deck this morning checking a handload, the only creatures that noticed were my neighbors outdoor dogs.

I talked to my neighbors about 15 minutes later, they were indoors and didn't even hear the gunfire.

JRH6856
February 20, 2013, 03:19 PM
The government may be able to ignore the Bill of Rights, but it can't ignore the law of gravity. What goes up (shotgun pellets) must come down. Somewhere. And hit something. Or someone. What the Vice President is saying is, "If you feel threatened, go outside, shoot at your neighbors and hope you don't hit them."

joeschmoe
February 20, 2013, 03:37 PM
While someone is trying to break in, Joe says;

Open door
Unload your weapon

Where was the defensive part? (aka "How to become a victim")

Isn't this an argument for why we need higher capacity guns? How will Jill defend herself now with an empty weapon? If she had an AR she would still be armed. AR has less recoil, less wall overpentration, easy to mount lights and of course more capacity.

Will Jill's squad of SS agents be reponding with SxS's or AR's?

DeadMoneyDrew
February 20, 2013, 03:46 PM
Quite frankly, I don't believe said conversation with Jill really took place. It does not have the ring of truth. I believe Joe invented a parable of sorts, to relate to the common man in a folksy sort of way. Like Jesus, maybe.

He reminds me a lot of my Uncle Frank, about whom my folks cautioned me when we saw him at family picnics and such. "Humor him when he gets like that," they advised, "and let him talk." He was a jolly yet hapless old feller who simply couldn't get anything right.
Oh yes, he's just like the nutty uncle of the family. I'm sure he meant this as a folksy story. Having lived in Delaware for 7 years now, I'm used to hearing such silliness from the Biden family. The least he could do is attempt to make half an ounce of sense.

TarDevil
February 20, 2013, 04:22 PM
He's getting hounded pretty hard by the press over this.

THe Dove
February 20, 2013, 04:26 PM
^^^^^

He earned it!

The Dove

browneu
February 20, 2013, 05:01 PM
I think he watches too much TV. This sounds like something from Hollywood.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Delawarean
February 20, 2013, 06:13 PM
I've driven by the Biden house many times. I used to live 10 minutes away.

He does live in the "woods", however there are other houses pretty close by. Shooting randomly into the woods is not wise in such a densely populated area as northern Delaware.

It is illegal in the city of Wilmington, btw.

breakingcontact
February 20, 2013, 11:49 PM
Where are the members of this board that voted for Shotgun Joe and Obamer?

Defend his statement, you helped put him in office.

Same goes for any of you who didn't vote.

SMH.

22-rimfire
February 20, 2013, 11:56 PM
I think Rush Linbaugh has figured it out. He says that Biden and Obama don't take ownership of any new legislation, especially Obama. Everything happens in another building (House and Senate). In the mean time, he speaks what he believes supports the little guy even if it doesn have a snow balls chance of passing. Gun control may be slightly different. It is something he believes in. If something passes that he likes... it is because of him. If it is something that does not pass either the house or senate, it is the GOP's fault.

Tomcat47
February 21, 2013, 12:03 AM
(Firearms Safety Class) .... Listen to this talk and tell us how many things this man told you to do incorrectly with a firearm...

PS: I hope the kids skip Joe & Jill's house on halloween..........:eek:

InkEd
February 21, 2013, 12:21 AM
If Joe Bidden REALLY believes firing a double-barrel shotgun unaimed up in the air (ala an old "School Marm during an Injun Attack" in a spaghetti western movie :evil:) is all that is needed by anyone for protection, why doesn't he do TWO THINGS.....

1st: Set an alarm for himself for about 5 a.m. (assuming his old crotchy butt isn't already up WAITING for the early bird at IHOP), grab a Stoeger and couple rounds of Club Loads, go out on the White House lawn and do EXACTLY as he advices us to do in an emergency.

2nd: Give all the Secret Service Agents, D.C. Police, NSA, DHS, Military Personel, etc. that patrol/monitor the White House on a daily basis the day off work because....

Ol' Joe and his trusty scattergun GOT THIS MESS UNDER CONTROL! :)

Iramo94
February 21, 2013, 01:00 AM
I think i just found a new signature!

Tomcat47
February 21, 2013, 01:07 AM
And Joe I think a Shotgun is a great home defense weapon......

Unless Tyranny is the Intruder!

hogshead
February 21, 2013, 01:21 AM
Hey Joe I ain't got no balcony will my porch work?
He is the perfect example of the old saying. It is better to keep your mouth shut and look like a fool than open it and remove all doubt.

hang fire
February 21, 2013, 01:53 AM
Yeah Joe, that popping off two shots from your dbl barrel 12, flinging twenty 9mm balls in clusters, in a heartbeat, are just for scaring perps. Those black rifles and pulling the trigger for each shot are the dangerous guns.

basicblur
February 21, 2013, 02:22 AM
Saw the clip (again) tonight on Piers Morgan.

Paxton Quigley was a guest during the segment - somebody needs to have a talk with her PRONTO! :banghead:

Old Joe's advice to his wife reminds me of that old saw 'bout a fellow in the middle of the desert who discovers his tire has a nail in it.
As he pulls it out and watches as his tire rapidly deflates, only then does he realize what an idiot he is...

I'm sure Joe's wife would probably have the same thoughts (hopefully, she's smarter than Joe) after she empties her gun only to discover "wait a minute...they're not running away"! :uhoh:

MadMonkey
February 21, 2013, 02:26 AM
Not buying it. I think the video was cut short, as I'm sure the VP wouldn't let his wife disarm herself in such a situation. Chances are he instructed Mrs. Biden to follow the next logical self-defense steps: urinate and/or vomit on your attacker.

Every night before bed I drink a gallon of water and put a picture of Feinstein next to my bed, just in case.

Posted from Thehighroad.org App for Android

InkEd
February 21, 2013, 10:47 AM
"Shotgun Joe" is such a lizard-skinned (seriously....look at his iguana neck) schmuck.

I wonder if the Democrats will run him for President is 2016? I hope they do.

2ifbyC
February 21, 2013, 10:50 AM
Hey Joe, you didn’t say whether that shotgun should be a side-by-side or an over & under double barrel. My LGS is out of stock on shotguns since you must have influenced many of the masses who recently made panic purchases of shotguns. Also, should I be using bird shot or buck shot when firing into the air like it was the 4th of July?

I’m looking at one of these; it’s an “assault shotgun” but I can take off the flashlight and turn my porch light on instead:

Shanghai McCoy
February 21, 2013, 12:25 PM
I shot 10 rounds of 9mm off my back deck this morning checking a handload, the only creatures that noticed were my neighbors outdoor dogs.

I talked to my neighbors about 15 minutes later, they were indoors and didn't even hear the gunfire.
When my neighbors hear me shooting, they know I'm home...:)

jamesbeat
February 21, 2013, 05:03 PM
Anyone ever wondered about where the 21 gun salute comes from?
It's an old navy tradition.

As a mark of respect and deference, a ship coming in to port would fire all of its cannon.
It was a declaration of intent; cannon take a while to reload, so firing all of your cannon (thus unloading them) was a signal meaning 'we are unarmed, we come in peace'.

Firing both barrels of a SxS strikes me as a similar gesture...

If you enjoyed reading about "Joe Biden on home defense ..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!