More Quickload questions

PDA

leadchucker
February 20, 2013, 06:56 PM
The Neconos site is not very helpful about my questions. A search of the threads here and elsewhere didn't turn up any answers. For a hundred and fifty bucks, these are things I gotta know.

If you have a bullet that is not in the database, is there a provision for adding it?
Can you correct for barrel porting/muzzle brakes/suppressors/semi gas ports?
Can you correct for variations in bullet jump, or revolver cylinder gap?
Can you correct for hotter or weaker primers?
Can you correct for ambient temperature variations?
Will it work on Win 7/64?

If you enjoyed reading about "More Quickload questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kelbro
February 21, 2013, 08:29 AM
Bullets, yes. You can create one.

The other items that you mentioned are not check boxes in the program but you can compensate for them. It takes some study and playing around with the program to be able to do it but you can do it.

Newest version runs on up to Win8.

ArchAngelCD
February 21, 2013, 08:58 AM
I don't own a copy but I have heard a lot of complaints about the program when you try to sway from the templates they supply. This is why I haven't bought a copy yet. (and the fact I'm mostly cheap) I will be very interested in the answers posted here.

kelbro
February 21, 2013, 10:34 AM
Cylinder gaps are hard to model in any internal ballistics calculations.

I have been using the program for about 10 yrs. No complaints here. Very good tool for handloaders.

If you enjoyed reading about "More Quickload questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!