This would give Sarah Brady a heart attack!

PDA

JamisJockey
March 11, 2004, 09:55 AM
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Mar/20043112268363362033797.jpg
My son, 5months, meets a shotgun for the first time. It was everything I could do to get his attention for the photo...he was fascinated!
Anyone know if drool contributes to rust?
:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "This would give Sarah Brady a heart attack!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TXBera
March 11, 2004, 10:02 AM
Not if you use the right oil:p

7.62FullMetalJacket
March 11, 2004, 10:26 AM
Shotgun shells make great teething devices ;)

Werewolf
March 11, 2004, 10:29 AM
This would give Sarah Brady a heart attack!

If only....

PATH
March 11, 2004, 10:48 AM
Great shot. I think you'll be needing to purchase another shotgun in a few years time.:D

brookstexas
March 11, 2004, 10:50 AM
I thought this might be a donation type thing....
BT

Triad
March 11, 2004, 11:07 AM
I'm sure he'd take donations.

Atc1man, don't you think you should start him out on something smaller? Maybe a nice 28 gauge.

Gus Dddysgrl
March 11, 2004, 11:34 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!! That's a great shot. I hope Jon let's me do that when we have kids. heehee. That'll be fun.

JamisJockey
March 11, 2004, 11:38 AM
Great shot. I think you'll be needing to purchase another shotgun in a few years time
I've been keeping my eyes open. This payday I'll be checking my favorite gun shops again for either a .410 or .20 single shot...unless I see a centerfire rifle that speaks daddy's name :evil:

CB900F
March 11, 2004, 11:05 PM
ATC;

The first gun I had was a 20 single, it's a great choice. I was about 10 years of age at the time my dad got it for me. Several of my friends also had shotguns & most were .410's. I can remember having a LOT more sucess with the 20 than they did with the .410's. The .410 is called an 'experts gun' for good reason.

900F

Moparmike
March 11, 2004, 11:07 PM
"The Marines train their recruits young. This little tyke is preparing for guard duty. He will upgrade to a Kevlar walker when his training is complete."

"RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!"

"Citing a commonly used phrase used by gun-control activists, Little Johnny's parents decide that he should have a part in Homeland Defense, "for the children."

"Papers, please." :p

"Today's youngster needs proper armmament when going through his local neighborhood. Taking a page from the M-2 Bradley, a large wheel base is an attribute of this vehicle, as well as a multi-shot hard hitting weapon, capable of hitting targets beyond 100yds, depending on the ammo used. Go gettem' soldier!"

4v50 Gary
March 11, 2004, 11:14 PM
Family baby joins in repelling boarder drill

Kinda tough for teething, isn't it? ;)

George Hill
March 11, 2004, 11:41 PM
"This would give Sarah Brady a heart attack!"

Feh...
She doesn't have one.

deputy tom
March 12, 2004, 02:17 AM
Only 5 mos old and already shows correct firearms safety!(finger out of trigger guard) Excellent.tom.;)

cracked butt
March 12, 2004, 02:22 AM
Just have to spray paint the exersaucer flat black to make him look tactical.:D

The_Antibubba
March 12, 2004, 03:10 AM
Get him a break-open .410. Then you can tell everyone he's a breech baby! :D

artherd
March 12, 2004, 05:16 AM
That's a great (and very cute!) pic. And I think it's wonderful that you've decided to expose your children to firearms at a very young age. They will have the benefit of having grown up with them, so they will not be a mystery or potential attractive danger.

I couldn't help but noticing something more than a little sad though. (and this is a commentary on the laws, not your parenting, just to be clear.) In California, your shotgun is technically 'loaded' (because ammunition is touching the firearm. Retarted, I know.) And, also technically, since your kid is handling the 'loaded' gun, you're probally guilty of a felony just for letting that happen.

Yeah, it's that retarted out here (and in many other states for that matter.)

Personally, the gun is two things:
ALWAYS loaded for the purpose of safe handling.
(and really, not loaded untill a round is chambered.)

If you enjoyed reading about "This would give Sarah Brady a heart attack!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!