Dolphin and Google Browser on Android Devices Blocking Gun Related Images?

PDA

dsm
February 21, 2013, 03:14 PM
Anyone else experience gun related images being blocked with using Dolphin and Google Browser on Android devices? For example, the 1911 Kaboom thread in the reloading forum, the images are blocked in the original post when I use Dolphin/Google. They are not when I load the same thread in Firefox or Opera!

I just recently noticed when I visit threads with images posted, some do not load. They return an empty box with a question mark. It happens on many gun related forums. It just started this past week.

The reason I say Dolphin/Google is to blame, I load the same exact page using Firefox or Opera, all images load perfect. Try again on Dolphin, same images are blocked.

With all the anti-gun stuff going on, I wouldn't be surprised.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dolphin and Google Browser on Android Devices Blocking Gun Related Images?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Indifferent
February 21, 2013, 03:19 PM
Working for me. Motorola RAZR M running Google Chrome.

dsm
February 21, 2013, 03:30 PM
I'm running a version of Android that is not compatible with Chrome, just the default Google Internet Browser.

Trung Si
February 21, 2013, 03:40 PM
I run Google and have never had a Problem.:what:

ZeSpectre
February 21, 2013, 03:41 PM
Check your settings, somewhere in there is a setting that will limit the size of images downloaded (unless you request them by tapping the "?"). We tend to put some pretty high res stuff up here <grin>.

dsm
February 22, 2013, 12:31 AM
Its not a resolution issue. It seems like certain images that are hosted on photobucket do not load. I can view the photbucket image using opera fine. Copy and paste the same exact photobucket image in dolphin, does not load.

I did a factory reset thinking it may fix it. Nope, did not work. I can maybe reflash my ROM next...

dsm
February 22, 2013, 12:43 AM
I'm going to try an older version of dolphin.

SerenityNetworks
February 22, 2013, 12:46 AM
I use Dolphin almost exclusively and have not noticed an issue. Can you post a link or two where you have seen the issue and I'll see if I observe the same.

(For the forums I use Tapatalk.)

NRA Life Member
------------------------
"There are some ideas so preposterous that only an intellectual will believe them." - Malcolm Muggeridge

dsm
February 22, 2013, 07:45 AM
It seems like the pictures hosted by photobucket is the problem...even other images unrelated to gun stuff. I don't know...I tried just about everything.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=703863

ZeSpectre
February 22, 2013, 11:12 AM
Yup, testing your link I get the same effect in Dolphin on both phone and tablet. Interesting. Am investigating further because I'm curious.

dsm
February 22, 2013, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I think there is something up with Dolphin(Mobotap) and Google blocking images hosted by photobucket. It worked a week ago. I am not sure if this is on purpose or an accident that they don't know about.

I tried a really old version of Dolphin, same thing happens.

dsm
February 22, 2013, 04:13 PM
Another funny thing is, I can't click on the blessed boxes. Wonder if photobucket is doing something and dolphin is unable to interpret? I dunno...

gman82001
February 23, 2013, 12:00 AM
Ok so its not only me .... 3 days now I can't see much of anything Linked from photo bucket

dsm
February 23, 2013, 12:51 AM
Well, I figured it out. To fix the problem, download the beta version that is currently available. I think the problem was with HTML5 support in the current version. The beta version has up to date support...alteast it seems like it. I no longer have to copy and paste URL's to Opera!

dsm
February 23, 2013, 01:02 AM
Works...

If you enjoyed reading about "Dolphin and Google Browser on Android Devices Blocking Gun Related Images?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!