Interesting patent

PDA

HUnter58
February 21, 2013, 03:28 PM
http://worldwide.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?CC=US&NR=2005016050&KC=&FT=E&locale=en_EP

If you enjoyed reading about "Interesting patent" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DaveP (UK)
February 21, 2013, 03:41 PM
And in the flesh?
http://www.westlakeengineering.com/4640/4694.html

Speedo66
February 25, 2013, 09:47 PM
The Westlake Matchmaster, as depicted there, may be a great shooter, but it is definitely in the running for "World's Ugliest Pistol". :eek:

MCgunner
February 25, 2013, 09:54 PM
I'm guessing it's legal in some sort of muzzle loading competition, otherwise, it's the answer to a question never asked. I think I'd rather just shoot my .38s from a metallic cartridge with my handloads.

Prairie Dawg
February 25, 2013, 11:23 PM
I think they sell them in England, where (I assume) they can't shoot cartridge handguns.
--Dawg

DaveP (UK)
February 27, 2013, 04:50 PM
We can shoot cartridge revolvers, as long as they are 24" LOA. Long barrel and non detachable "arm support" sticking out the bottom corner of the grip.
Oh - and you cant lend or borrow one - its buy to try.

Thats why there was an upsurge of interest in BP revolvers.
Some owners found the cleanup routine not to their taste, hence the Westlake approach.
HTH!

Patocazador
February 27, 2013, 05:20 PM
It looks just like my Howell's conversion cylinder only retro-engineered to fire without a cartridge case.

McGunner said it best, "it's an answer to a question never asked."

rcflint
February 27, 2013, 09:19 PM
But the question WAS asked, especially in England. Also asked by some Americans wondering about smokeless in a cap & ball.

Patocazador
February 28, 2013, 10:39 AM
But the question WAS asked, especially in England. Also asked by some Americans wondering about smokeless in a cap & ball.
At those prices (385 and 550 lb. sterling) just buy 2 conversion cylinders to shoot cartridges and get change back. Current exchange rate is 1 British pound = $1.52 US. (385 lb=$585.20)(550 lb=$836.00 US)

YumaKid
March 1, 2013, 11:14 PM
The problem with that is THEN they have "made" a gun which fires metallic cartrtidges, and THEN they have to secure a supply of the required metallic cartridges.

Both of which are illegal in a British "civilian's" hands. Hopefully, that won't happen to we 'Muricans in the present or future politics.

If you enjoyed reading about "Interesting patent" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!