9mm case has burnt powder outline

PDA

GKNeville
February 21, 2013, 05:38 PM
Shooting my CZ 75B with Blazer 115 grain factory loads today. Every ejected case had burnt powder on it that mirrored the shape of the ejector port. The rest of the case was clean, except for the outline that appeared to be in the shape of the ejector port. The gun functioned well. Any theories of this one anyone? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm case has burnt powder outline" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
February 21, 2013, 05:47 PM
Yes, the case is not expanding and sealing the chamber fast enough so you get blow-by sooting the case.

I doubt it is the exact shape of the ejection port.
More like it is just getting blow-by on whichever side of the chamber has the most gap before the case expands.

To find out for sure, mark a case with a sharpie pen and place it straight up in the chamber.
Then see where the soot is on the case in relation to the mark after you shoot it.

Change ammo brands to something with softer cases, more power, or cleaner powder and you probably will not see it again.

rc

BlindJustice
February 21, 2013, 09:57 PM
Blazer - is it aluminum or brass cased?

R-

BCRider
February 23, 2013, 01:54 PM
Sooting up the ouside of the casings isn't uncommon by any means. Some guns do it almost all the time with all types of ammo and others will only do it with certain ammo loads.

Either way it's not a big deal.

The Lone Haranguer
February 23, 2013, 02:09 PM
Blazer can be aluminum- or brass-cased. Some guns don't "like" the aluminum.

BlindJustice
February 23, 2013, 03:25 PM
yeah, I have a CZ 75B which is uber reliable with
everything 'cept Blazer ALuminum so I don't buy
that stuff. brass case only for me

R-

BCRider
February 24, 2013, 01:40 AM
Oddly enough my own CZ's both shoot the aluminium cased ammo fine. And the empties I've checked had no sign of sooting on the outside.

ljnowell
February 24, 2013, 03:07 AM
Im willing to bet that those 115gr factory ammo were underpowered enough to let the gas blow back and scorch or soot the case.

chris in va
February 24, 2013, 05:11 AM
I noticed my CZ 97b does it with my latest loads of Bullseye. Half the case has soot on it.

oldcelt
February 24, 2013, 03:04 PM
This happen all the time when I shoot reduced loads in rifle or handgun. Not a problem, there is no serious gas leakage.

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm case has burnt powder outline" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!