Magpul MBUS Sights

PDA

tkthorn
February 22, 2013, 11:23 AM
I picked up a Sig 522 that comes without any irons. Though I have put optics on it I would like some backup sights in case the optics fail. Being a Toolmaker I machined up a dovetail to picatiny adapter for the front that matches the hight of the Sigs rail. I got a good deal on Ebay on a set of front and rear Magpul MBUS flip up sights for 18.00 new in the package. The only thing is they were dark earth tan color. My question is would that look funny on an all black rifle ? I thought about getting a can of flat black Krylon fusion paint for plastics and making them match a little better, but am not sure about this ? What would you do ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Magpul MBUS Sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Outlaw Man
February 22, 2013, 03:13 PM
It might look a little out of place if they're the only FDE on the rifle.

Personally, I'd leave them alone, but I can't see how Krylon Fusion would be a bad option. It's certainly less expensive than getting any of the gun-specific finishes since you need so little.

Hacker15E
February 22, 2013, 06:34 PM
At that price, you probably picked up a PTS or counterfeit set of sights.

Lemann
February 22, 2013, 06:56 PM
my bet would be be on PTS sites. for 90% of people and what they use their AR for it will be fine though. and the 10% that use their AR for other reasons have better budgets and dont shop for gun parts/accessories on Ebay. :cool:

tkthorn
February 22, 2013, 09:49 PM
That's exactly what I got, PTS! Just figured that out today! Thought it was too good to be true, but it was not listed as PTS! At least Im not out much. I was shopping on Ebay for sights only because this was for a .22lr Sig 522 not my AR.

If you enjoyed reading about "Magpul MBUS Sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!