Sheilds Tactical leaving California

PDA

Grassman
February 22, 2013, 11:28 AM
Shield Tactical released the following statement on their Facebook page today.

Who didn’t see THIS coming, honestly? :)

Shield Tactical is pleased to announce that we are moving our retail division to Shiner, Texas. We are pleased to have neighbors such as TBRC and the Spoetzl Brewery (home of Shiner Beer). Shipping etc will not be substantially affected.

Out training division will remain in CA until the legislature outlaws everything.

Not much more needs to be said. Except to note that Gov. Rick Perry didn’t return to Texas from his California raid so empty handed after all.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2013/02/21/gun-retailer-abandons-california-for-texas/

If you enjoyed reading about "Sheilds Tactical leaving California" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sansone
February 22, 2013, 11:33 AM
I am pleased and would like to see more business departures from CA (among other states) :rolleyes:

InkEd
February 22, 2013, 11:54 AM
Good for them. I think it is a sign of the times.

This country is very divided right now and not just about firearms. I think sooner or later, a lot of businesses are going to move to states based on political stuff.

Ragnar Danneskjold
February 22, 2013, 12:07 PM
Good. I'm glad to see more and more liberty minded people and businesses moving to Texas. I just hope they don't run out of room before I get there! lol.

Seventhsword
February 22, 2013, 12:10 PM
Welcome to Texas!:D

Wolfebyte
February 22, 2013, 02:05 PM
Sent them a message on their contact form this morning CST.

The owner replied with a Thanks a little after 11 AM CST...

Now.. Magpull and Remington...

fastbolt
February 22, 2013, 02:18 PM
Never heard of them, and I listen to a lot of firearms instructors constantly talking about any number of companies they use for products. Doesn't mean anything other than I've never had reason to hear about them. ;)

Anybody attended any of their training classes? Oriented toward LE or private person firearms enthusiasts?

Hope their business ventures does well in their new state. Probably some competition in Texas. ;)

Outlaw Man
February 22, 2013, 02:23 PM
and Remington...
I've heard second hand from an employee at their ammo plant that they won't make any moves or other drastic changes until someone buys Freedom Group or that issue is otherwise resolved.

I don't know how true that is, but it makes sense.

I'm glad to see these companies making a stand, though!

MICHAEL T
February 22, 2013, 02:52 PM
Good more should move out . Let those that made this mess live in what they made.

GEM
February 22, 2013, 03:43 PM
Tactical Shiner - a good brew. In a camo bottle? I love Shiner - my favorite beer lately.

Welcome to TX.

DNS
February 22, 2013, 04:12 PM
Yep, welcome to Texas, land of the Free!
:)

splithoof
February 22, 2013, 06:23 PM
This is exactly what we need here in California; if tons of major companies, wealthy individuals, corporations, etc. would up and leave, the whole state could plunge into a state of complete chaos and massive financial ruin. We then could go about the start of a major rebuild, sans many of the liberals who got us here in the first place.

falmike
February 22, 2013, 06:39 PM
I sent a thanks and hopes that they would move the training division as well soon. Got a reply a little while later with a thanks and........"it will." :)

Mike

H.m.B
February 22, 2013, 06:45 PM
That sad part is that most of these anti-gun states probably don't really care that gun-related industries leave their states. Sure, they stand to lose money, but in the long run it's a price they're willing to pay to satisfy their anti-gun agendas. Hey, I didn't ask you to leave ... but don't let the door smack you in the back on the way out.

Grassman
February 22, 2013, 07:00 PM
That sad part is that most of these anti-gun states probably don't really care that gun-related industries leave their states. Sure, they stand to lose money, but in the long run it's a price they're willing to pay to satisfy their anti-gun agendas. Hey, I didn't ask you to leave ... but don't let the door smack you in the back on the way out.
I agree with that, they are going down in flames anyway (California) so what do they care. So why give em any more tax dollars??

ball3006
February 22, 2013, 10:11 PM
Wait until they discover Blue Bell..................................chris3

Deltaboy
February 22, 2013, 10:20 PM
Welcome to Texas!

Deltaboy
February 22, 2013, 10:22 PM
Wait until they discover Blue Bell..................................chris3
Yep it is Good Stuff.;)

medalguy
February 22, 2013, 10:36 PM
Good stuff? GOOD STUFF? Hey, it's the BEST!! :neener:

4v50 Gary
February 23, 2013, 12:52 AM
California is like San Francisco. They cheer when someone who makes money leave.

76shuvlinoff
February 23, 2013, 10:54 AM
Somehow I have the vision in my head of a group of disarmed heads sitting in a circle around the bong waiting on their gov't check.

I know leaving the state looks good on paper but after the logical people leave the illogical ones will have no one to left to "fix" and will just follow them.

FitGunner
February 23, 2013, 11:04 AM
Welcome to Texas. You're about to double the population of Shiner. They make a great brew.

Grassman
February 23, 2013, 11:06 AM
Somehow I have the vision in my head of a group of disarmed heads sitting in a circle around the bong waiting on their gov't check.

I know leaving the state looks good on paper but after the logical people leave the illogical ones will have no one to left to "fix" and will just follow them.
That's when we put up a fence along the California border, send em weekly supplies of "grow" material and copious amounts of granola and patchouli oil. Gov. Moonbeam can be their commune leader.

dprice3844444
February 23, 2013, 11:08 AM
better beer in texas,too

DonP
February 23, 2013, 11:58 AM
Gun grabbers are glad to see them go.

In Illinois, I think it was Les Baer a few years back, announced they were moving to Iowa because of repeated attempts to ban the manufacture, sale etc. of so called "Assault Weapons".

The Governor, that's the one out of the last three not currently serving time in a Federal prison, actually said; "Good riddance, the loss if a manufacturer of these killing machines will attract many new residents and businesses seeking a safer environment for their employees and their children." These idiots are guilty of believing their own press releases.

Of course none of what he said happened and people in Chicago are still dieing in record numbers, more so than when Capone was running Chicago.

foghornl
February 23, 2013, 12:46 PM
Now, If we could get Springfield Armory to move to say Cleveland, OH...it would be great. There is A LOT of empty manufacturing space (why we are called the Rust Belt) and highly qualified machinists and other manufactruing folks without work right now.

Ohio is not the most gun-friendly state, but we DO have concealed carry and Hi-Point firearms are made here.

barnbwt
February 23, 2013, 01:06 PM
Funny. "Galt's Gulch" even sounds Texan, now that I think about it :D. Now if only S&W or Remington, or any other big players would let go of the mil-contract teat long enough to move south, we'd get somewhere on this issue.

TCB

Nico Testosteros
February 23, 2013, 06:17 PM
Not more Californians!

If you enjoyed reading about "Sheilds Tactical leaving California" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!