Pistol Duel in Mexico....

PDA

itgoesboom
March 11, 2004, 02:10 PM
Article here (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=2&u=/nm/20040311/od_nm/life_mexico_duel_dc)

So I guess a .22 will kill you just as dead as a .45

I.G.B.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pistol Duel in Mexico...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Tejon
March 11, 2004, 02:18 PM
Those that enter into combat have already lost.

OEF_VET
March 11, 2004, 02:36 PM
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Two Mexican peasant farmers, cousins age 70 and 85, argued for years over water rights and finally faced off in an old-fashioned pistol duel that killed both, a judicial official said Wednesday.
Manuel Orozco and Candelario Orozco, who were also brothers-in-law, shot each other dead in the middle of a field Monday night in the western state of Jalisco.

Hmmm, cousins AND brothers-in-law, maybe that helps explain the obvious lack of common-sense? Maybe the gene pool was a tad shallow? Can we say Darwin awardees?

Frank

Jim March
March 11, 2004, 03:53 PM
They don't qualify for Darwins, they've probably already bred. If not, too late by that time...

Andrew Rothman
March 11, 2004, 04:13 PM
Hmmm, cousins AND brothers-in-law,

Well, if my cousin and I marry two sisters, we are cousins and brothers in law with no inbreeding at all.

Diggler
March 11, 2004, 04:23 PM
So I guess we don't need to start a ".22LR vs. .45" thread now??

I still think the one guy is craziER for choosing the .22!

strambo
March 11, 2004, 04:34 PM
How the heck do you choose carry ammo in Jalisco Mexico, since both .22 and .45 have 100% one shot stops? Personally, I'm in the light weight high velocity camp so it's .22lr for me! :uhoh: I wonder if there were any tests conducted on burros...:D

Diggler
March 11, 2004, 05:06 PM
Jalisco is the traditional home of mariachi music and the distilled spirit tequila, and is known in Mexico for its macho culture.

Mariachi?? Uh oh, maybe it wasn't them... maybe it was El Mariachi, shooting a .22 and .45 behind his back as he dove between them!

Anyone see Antonio Banderas in the area??

:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Pistol Duel in Mexico...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!