So in all seriousness.....

PDA

CoyoteSix
February 23, 2013, 02:39 AM
Stoeger's double defense SxS and O/U look kind've appealing. Wonder if our VP has a couple? :D

If you enjoyed reading about "So in all seriousness....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Inebriated
February 23, 2013, 03:04 AM
They LOOK somewhat appealing... But every single Stoeger I've used has had light primer strikes. That'd be four Stoegers, 3 O/U's and 1 SXS.

I honestly would not trust one in a defensive role. Maybe some folks have had better luck, but I don't trust them for anything more than the casual round of skeet. Good price and decent quality guns, but the reliability doesn't seem to be there in my experience. Which is a shame.

Virginian
February 23, 2013, 07:48 AM
The double trigger extractor model Stoeger SxSs have proven quite tough and reliable, although less than elegant. The single trigger and ejector models have had lots of problems. Seems to me they started with the wrong model, but that way they could hang a higher price tag on it.

foghornl
February 23, 2013, 01:11 PM
The veep DOES have SS

(US) Secret Service

Hunterdad
February 23, 2013, 01:56 PM
Deleted

ZVP
February 24, 2013, 12:22 PM
I bought a used 20Ga Uplander at a Hock Shop and it has very good primer strikes. Maybe I just got a good one or maybe certain versions are better?
I especally like the straight wrist as it gives me a different hold for the rear trigger. I can move the hand just a bit and the gun still lines up perfectlly centered.
As the bird flies away into range for the left barrel you have plenty of time to adjust your hold again. I don't believe the average shotgunner who says he dosen't change hold for thoselong shots. Heck I even re-set with a pump... I have owned a SxS in the past (Savage) and it didn't fit or point as well as this Stoger does! A really nice gun for the $. I just wish the guy who Hocked it would have included the .28 ga tubes. Mine only came with the 20 ga set.
As with all purchases you get differing opnions.
I think this little gun will double nicely as a Fun gun also a good H/D double.
Heavilly loaded 20 ga ammo is hard to find though.
ZVP

CoyoteSix
February 24, 2013, 01:09 PM
My fiance owns the Stoeger 12g coach gun, If the "tactical" versions aern't too reliable I'll just by myself the plain Jain version. I like wood and blueing better anyway. :D

Hunter125
February 24, 2013, 01:15 PM
The veep DOES have SS

(US) Secret Service

That was my thought. He said he told his wife to use a shotgun, but no one would ever get close because they have the SS 24/7.

For the OP, I like the short Stoegers, without having ever shot one, but I would rather have a pump of the same length with more capacity.

If you enjoyed reading about "So in all seriousness....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!