Remember the Alamo!

PDA

vito
February 23, 2013, 11:38 AM
177 years ago today the siege began at a small mission complex in what is now San Antonio, Texas. The heroes of the Alamo knowingly gave their lives for freedom and liberty, and by so doing gave General Sam Houston the time to prepare for what later was called the Battle of San Jacinto near present-day Houston that destroyed General Santa Anna's army and allowed for the creation of the Republic of Texas. I hope everyone reading this today will pause for a moment and remember these great patriots to whom we are all indebted. I doubt that there will even be a mention of this anniversary by the major new media, but we should never forget these heroes and what they accomplished during that fateful week. Remember the Alamo!

If you enjoyed reading about "Remember the Alamo!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Certaindeaf
February 23, 2013, 12:05 PM
Thanks for bringing that to our attention. True story.

jimmyraythomason
February 23, 2013, 01:54 PM
IIRC,today is also the anniversary of the raising of our flag on Mt.Suribachi(Iwo Jima)by U.S.Marines in 1945.

Certaindeaf
February 23, 2013, 02:16 PM
I dug out my old Trailmaster. It could probably use a stropping.

Certaindeaf
February 23, 2013, 03:27 PM
I see now that it needs more than mere stropping though it'll kinda shave down to/through the bone.. its been around. I found an old mouse pad and have a sheet of 1500 grit for the concavity/depravity goodness. Then the charged strop.

Jorg Nysgerrig
February 23, 2013, 03:48 PM
Remember the topic of the forum!

(Doesn't quite have the same ring, does it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Remember the Alamo!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!