Min
March 11, 2004, 03:05 PM
In other words...NO BRAINER!

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/2444412

March 11, 2004, 8:44AM

Burglar brandishing screwdriver shot in chest

By S.K. BARDWELL
Copyright 2003 Houston Chronicle

A would-be burglar is recovering this morning from a gunshot wound to the chest, inflicted by his would-be victim.

The shooting happened about 10 p.m. in the parking lot of the Northpoint Apartments at 74 Lyerly.

Houston police said a resident went outside to discover a man breaking into his van. When the suspect threatened the resident with a screwdriver, the van owner shot him once in the chest.

The shooter was questioned by police, but no charges were filed. The wounded suspect's name and condition are unknown. He may face charges, police said.

I wish I knew what caliber was used.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ha! This is how it should be" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Carlos Cabeza
March 11, 2004, 03:10 PM
9mm:neener: :p

Min
March 11, 2004, 03:20 PM
It could be 9mm...I can see that.

I wish these reporters would do us citizens a REAL favor and provide caliber, gun info, as well as where bullet entered the body and where exited. In other words, a full ballistic analysis would be nice. NBC?

Standing Wolf
March 11, 2004, 06:32 PM
He may face charges, police said.

Heck, if the law really comes down hard on him, he might get six months' probation!

idd
March 11, 2004, 08:08 PM
Don't mess with Texas!

I hope that they run the perp's name eventually. How long a rap sheet you think he has?

Bullet Bob
March 11, 2004, 08:21 PM
Hooray for Texas! In many states, the van's owner would be in the slammer right now.

tiberius
March 11, 2004, 08:53 PM
Thank God this didn't happen in Chicago.

tc300mag1
March 11, 2004, 08:55 PM
good hope they dont hassle this guy for shooting him .. bet he has a rap sheet a mile long

ksnecktieman
March 11, 2004, 08:56 PM
Only one in the chest? Maybe his gun jammed?

Jim March
March 12, 2004, 01:27 AM
Wait...is vodka and orange juice a lethal weapon?

Andrew Rothman
March 12, 2004, 02:34 AM
Jim needs to get out of San Francisco - fast!

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
March 12, 2004, 02:35 AM
I doubt he'll be true-billed if it ever got to a grand jury. It's Texas, it was night, and it was his van in (his) parking area outside his home.

stupid troll...never bring a Craftsman to a gunfight.

Regards,
Rabbit.

squibload
March 12, 2004, 01:51 PM
Ha! This is how it should be

I disagree. The story should not refer to the suspect who is "recovering from a gunshot wound to the chest".

Instead, there should be an obituary.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ha! This is how it should be" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!