Semi-Auto Choice

PDA

snake_plisskin
February 23, 2013, 05:39 PM
What would you guys choose for trap, sporting clays, general hunting. I'm wanting to stay under $700 and I found these two options at my LGS today.

1.) New Beretta A300 = $650
2.) Used Benelli Montefeltro = $670
3.) Wait for something else

If you pick the 3rd option please tell me what you'd pick in that price range.

If you enjoyed reading about "Semi-Auto Choice" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oneounceload
February 23, 2013, 05:43 PM
Within that limited range, I would opt for the Beretta. The A300 has replaced their 3901 which is their price point model. Sturdy, reliable, easy to maintain, it is a good gun for the money

JAshley73
February 23, 2013, 06:24 PM
Either of those would be a good choice. That's a great price on that Montefeltro, assuming its in good shape. And I think it's fair to assume that most people take care of their Benelli's.

You need to think about what kid of a gun you want. The Montefeltro's I've held have been lighter, and strike me as more of an upland gun. The Beretta would strike me as more of a general clays fun, and in the woods hunting gun.

It's really up to you, but I honestly don't think you could go wrong either way...

If you enjoyed reading about "Semi-Auto Choice" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!