Take THREE!

PDA

Dean1818
February 24, 2013, 01:12 PM
After seeing the efforts that people are doing such as calling and emailing senators and congressmen, I believe that there is one more thing we can do

It WILL have a impact longterm on our ability to own weapons.

If EVERY gun owner took just three new non-shooters to the range this year and every year, firearms owners would increase and the risk of confiscation down the road would drop.

Our future will rely on converting and educating, non educated, not shooters.

I have shot with several non-shooters the last few years and have seen quite a few move on to CCW.

If you enjoyed reading about "Take THREE!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
OptimusPrime
February 24, 2013, 01:22 PM
Hear, hear. Great idea Dean.
There are 177k members on THR. If everyone gets 3 non-shooters to the range, that's a lot of voters.
I'm at 1, and I hereby pledge to get at LEAST 2 more in 2013.

JVaughn
February 24, 2013, 01:26 PM
Fantastic idea. Its not easy to fine 3 willing non-shooters, but I do try to educate and train every chance I get.

I firmly believe that if everyone in this country was required to shoot as part of high school education, we would have a country full of 2A supporters and no debate whatsoever.

Dean1818
February 24, 2013, 04:06 PM
You can see how fast we could spin this up?

We ALL have neighbors, friends, co-workers, cousins, son-in-laws, aunts, uncles, etc, etc, etc, that havent shot a pistol or rifle......

The Liberal media aggressively tells them how bad guns are....... How only hicks and hillbillys have guns.......... The populace is led to believe that guns are dangerous all by themselves.....

This is our BEST long term defense........

Teaching others to SAFELY shoot..... Showing them that it is fun

Many of the anti s HAVE NEVER SHOT A GUN!

When we go to the range, so many times, we have a back seat in the car that is open....... Lets fill it

BigBore44
February 24, 2013, 04:32 PM
I proposed this in a previous post. One thing to remember though is not to let someone shoot high power to start. If you aren't used to recoil it can be an unpleasant experience. I have a couple 22 pistols and 22 rifles just for this. We can't acquire new shooters if the first time someone shoots we give them our 30-06 and they get "scoped". Or if we give them our 44mag and they drop the gun. Then they feel stupid. And that's the last thing we want. Use your "big guns" to tempt them to go again. That's what I do. And they actually will call and text me several times asking when we're going again.

beatledog7
February 24, 2013, 05:04 PM
In the last 5 months or so I've moved two from on the fence to CCW holders; it's not hard with them. The hard core anti is a tougher nut to crack, but if we can open their minds just long enough and far enough to get them to a range, and we can get them to grin at getting those bullets to go just where they want them to go, we have a chance.

MachIVshooter
February 24, 2013, 06:06 PM
We ALL have neighbors, friends, co-workers, cousins, son-in-laws, aunts, uncles, etc, etc, etc, that havent shot a pistol or rifle......

Not all of us.

Neighbors all shoot? Check.
Friends all Shoot? Check
Coworkers Shoot? Don't have coworkers.
Family (in my state) gun owners? Check.

I have to go well outside of my normal circle to find non-shooters. Occasionally friends of friends turn up at one of our gatherings, and we unequivocally take the opportunity to get them trigger time. Barring that, though, I'd basically have to put up a public ad. Elbert county is very heavily armed, very pro-gun.

Dean1818
February 24, 2013, 06:27 PM
I proposed this in a previous post. One thing to remember though is not to let someone shoot high power to start. If you aren't used to recoil it can be an unpleasant experience. I have a couple 22 pistols and 22 rifles just for this. We can't acquire new shooters if the first time someone shoots we give them our 30-06 and they get "scoped". Or if we give them our 44mag and they drop the gun. Then they feel stupid. And that's the last thing we want. Use your "big guns" to tempt them to go again. That's what I do. And they actually will call and text me several times asking when we're going again.
I agree with this!

I see people who think its funny to let someone young, or a girlfriend start with a 357 mag.....

To me..... Thats just stupid.

Start them as small as you can and work up.

If you enjoyed reading about "Take THREE!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!